Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Valve took my money so I guess I get an index, yay!

I'm expecting a 'wtf are you doing dude' message from the Mint app at any moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I got my email and paid for my Index controllers an hour ago 😁

really thought I'd be waiting weeks to get them, but I'm glad I squeezed in.

I wonder how much money they made in that 1 hour span after they were available. Or how many kits they had on hand. We'll never know, but the hardware survey should show a change over the next month.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

poo poo i didn't respond to that valve email about finishing the order for almost 4 hours, hope that didn't affect my ship time which was originally in the 2-4 week window :ohdear:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Nuts and Gum posted:

I'm expecting a 'wtf are you doing dude' message from the Mint app at any moment.

Wait until you buy the RTX 2080 Ti to go with it! :getin:

Penpal posted:

I wonder how much money they made in that 1 hour span after they were available. Or how many kits they had on hand. We'll never know, but the hardware survey should show a change over the next month.

The order button still seems available when opening the page incognito, so maybe they're good to go for now?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jan posted:

Wait until you buy the RTX 2080 Ti to go with it! :getin:

I just got a 2070s, hopefully that keeps my poo poo rig alive for a bit longer.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Does anyone else have hitching or stuttering in saints and sinners? It happens unless I turn everything all the way down in settings including resolution, and even then there are spikes in the CPU and GPU load. I'm using an index with an rtx 2070 and an i7-7700.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

i must compose posted:

Does anyone else have hitching or stuttering in saints and sinners? It happens unless I turn everything all the way down in settings including resolution, and even then there are spikes in the CPU and GPU load. I'm using an index with an rtx 2070 and an i7-7700.

I have an i5-4670 and GTX 1070 and it's been running fine on medium settings.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

i must compose posted:

Sometimes I would get this after a level first loaded, especially back at home base. Do you have the game installed on an old platter HDD by chance?

That reminds me I finally finished the game. The human ai was way too accurate and could shoot through poo poo, which really kept me from playing for a while. Overall the first couple hours were amazing, but after playing boneworks the gunplay just didn't seem as sharp or fun. The ending is loving lolworthy, the plot is setup for this really cool event to happen and you see nothing, just hear about it. Still worth playing though.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 12, 2020

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
It's on an SSD. It happens like the game is loading assets yeah but it happens over and over. Especially around the bus or when stabbing a zombie or getting in a gunfight. This is at 80hz mind you.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
My Index is shipping from Illinois. Guess either initiating it ASAP or completing within the first 30 minutes has got me near the top of the queue of orders. Can't wait to play Alyx!

Dingwick
May 3, 2007

This is always the highlight of my day.
So my status is still at 5-7 weeks but I got my order in within the first 30 minutes on Monday. What are my chances of having the order processed soon?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I've been stuck at Shipping Soon all day

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

My Index gets in on Friday! :toot:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

FBS posted:

I've been stuck at Shipping Soon all day

same

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I have pending to come back to Dead Walking S&S and actually play it (I had played only the first 40 minutes!). But I had decided to play stuff like Lone Echo, Asgard and Boneworks before, and I thought by the time I finished those games there would be one or two new patches making it a better experience, because it was the newest game of the bunch. Hell, that's the case with most games nowadays, it's better to wait a pair of months after release.
But to my surprise, they have fell on radio silence, and no updates or news about progress have been made in the last month. I've read something along the lines of them being busy right now porting the game to PSVR.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Nuts and Gum posted:

I just got a 2070s, hopefully that keeps my poo poo rig alive for a bit longer.

I almost did that, but the 3000 series comes out in a few months. Probably going to upgrade the old 4770k to a 3800x instead (they're $300 at microcenter rn)

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
If anyone in the UK has been waiting on an Oculus Quest then Currys seem to have found some 64GB models from somewhere, available for next day delivery.

I've had a pre-order with Scan for a few weeks which just got pushed back to April, nobody else has any.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Welcome, new Index friends

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Blade Runner posted:

It’s me, fedex handed me a box of coronavirus not even five minutes ago.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I sure hope that DL40 dude on Pokerstars isn't anyone of you. Because by god, is that some trash talker.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Allegedly getting mine today too :toot:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Going back to flat screen FPses like calladuty after VR games like Onward, you realize just how much pressing RMB and instantly getting a perfectly aligned sight picture is convenient.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Owlbear Camus posted:

Going back to flat screen FPses like calladuty after VR games like Onward, you realize just how much pressing RMB and instantly getting a perfectly aligned sight picture is convenient.

OTOH, lasersight in VR is loving cheating even compared to that so who cares lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Owlbear Camus posted:

VR kinda ruined any interest in pancake FPS's for me (aside from Doom Eternal :black101:), just by being able to reload quickly and shoot around cover. You also get to hip-shoot in small bursts accurately and not arbitrarily miss because the game says so.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

If the big boys started getting into VR with the presentation quality of their tentpole triple As I'd probably never go back.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

we are getting a VR medal of honour sometime this year, but tbh from what I've seen it looked pretty boilerplate.

Has anyone tried any GameCube games through Dolphin? I'm gonna look into it later but I think someone had Metroid Prime working

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Truga posted:

OTOH, lasersight in VR is loving cheating even compared to that so who cares lol

God drat did I miss laser sights when I tried to play Fallout in VR after playing Robo Recall

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Owlbear Camus posted:

If the big boys started getting into VR with the presentation quality of their tentpole triple As I'd probably never go back.

Give Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Handgrenades a try if you haven't already. :blastu:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

VR kinda ruined any interest in pancake FPS's for me (aside from Doom Eternal :black101:), just by being able to reload quickly and shoot around cover. You also get to hip-shoot in small bursts accurately and not arbitrarily miss because the game says so.
a friend of mine plays division so i bought it to play together when it was 3 bucks and i gotta say i was pretty impressed with how well those games do cover now tbh. you can even shoot around it, though obviously that's kinda only workable in 3rd person games.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Truga posted:

a friend of mine plays division so i bought it to play together when it was 3 bucks and i gotta say i was pretty impressed with how well those games do cover now tbh. you can even shoot around it, though obviously that's kinda only workable in 3rd person games.

MW19 lets you brace your weapon on corner cover, but you're still exposed.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

VR for me has not ruined any traditional game. I'm ejoying Doom and Deep Rock Galactic and Ori right now as well as I liked 2d games before.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Traditional games ruined traditional games for me; there hasn't felt like a lot of innovation and stuff with them, and a lot of them have felt extremely samey. This kind of applies to a lot of VR games as well, I'm kind of over the teleport wave shooter FPS games. I want the new, experimental stuff more than refined versions of what's already there

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Penpal posted:

someone had Metroid Prime working

Holy poo poo tell me this is a thing, show me how, that alone would convince my wife that this nonsense is worth it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

Holy poo poo tell me this is a thing, show me how, that alone would convince my wife that this nonsense is worth it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/57793w/metroid_prime_3_in_dolphin_vr_is_pretty_damn_good/

It's... old. And the original guy who was working on it is insane and nobody's picked up on it since he stopped, so I have no idea how well things will work at this point.

This is for Metroid Prime 3 but I did it for the first game (using a gamepad, maybe Trilogy would work with the settings that guy lays out) and it was very cool. It made me kinda sick so I didn't play through the whole game.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Blade Runner posted:

Finally got a tracking number over lunch, mine should get here Saturday.

Please society hold together til my FedEx driver arrives

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I want to play that Attack on Titan 2 game but in VR. That definitely wont be a bad idea!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Leal posted:

I want to play that Attack on Titan 2 game but in VR. That definitely wont be a bad idea!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hwvlZ_QeEI ?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Give it a budget and I would be glad to profusely vomit all over my room from the motion sickness :getin: :respek: :barf:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leal posted:

Windlands kinda scratches the fling-yourself-around-buildings itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are we talking “13 year old on Xbox live” trash talk or “trying to make you make bad calls” trash talk because those are two different but superficially similar things