Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
in the event they are beached in California, the engines will act as backup generators when PG&E decides to gently caress around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

tractor conventions, international shearing junkets, things of that nature

going to look at grain

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

looking at cattle

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

too soon

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol i’m not working from home

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

same im gonna die at my post

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

echinopsis posted:

why not

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

he deals in tablets keep up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nothing about my job would make sense to do from home

plus we kinda have to stay open. no way im not getting infected

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

echinopsis posted:

nothing about my job would make sense to do from home

plus we kinda have to stay open. no way im not getting infected

but what if it did

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

she’ll be right mate

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
in italy they won’t even try to save infected people that have diabetes

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

hi im now in the pandemic wfh club

i dont expect to get much done since the kids are also stuck here

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

goondolences

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pretty sure everyone was making GBS threads their pants about measles a few months ago. it’s still around and now also the mumps but no one seems to give a poo poo about that anymore even though there are like five beer virus cases here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

but what if it did

the law won't let me do my job from home :qq:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

imagine if you operated a educational home dispensary

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
won’t lie I’ll be a bit disappointed if this just passes

also I ordered 180 flu vaccines and I reckon people will be desperate. covid may be
good for business which is desperately sad atm

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
taking to a guy at work whose sister picked it up transiting through Dubai. she’s okay thankfully. I’m now at second hand distance, in a few weeks I think it will be first hand.

I’m almost half way through my two weeks, it’s very annoying not being able to go to the gym. on the other hand I’ve done lots of cooking and not resorted to delivery yet.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

echinopsis posted:

won’t lie I’ll be a bit disappointed if this just passes

also I ordered 180 flu vaccines and I reckon people will be desperate. covid may be
good for business which is desperately sad atm

i hope nz eats poo poo too, op. for your sake.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cheers bro that means a lot

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

beach the cruise ships and convert them to low income housing.

fill one with billionaires and then scuttle it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm going to be completely honest with my feelings here

anybody that still voluntarily goes on a cruise in this hellworld, with this corona, and this global climate shift, and this unemployment, and this exploitation of brown people, deserves whatever they get on said cruise. And they should not be able to spread their idiot illness on others. thus i propose a government subsidy to bring all cruises down to $99 and mandatory 1 year quarantines on said megaboat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWw68AjweA

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

well yeah your job is actually important

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The University is going online only after spring break like many others. We're all on fire watch, after we get the grad students to understand they're probably not getting much work done.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

we got an email (marked high priority!) saying that "management is monitoring the situation" and everyone needs to bring their company laptop home in case we need to close an office, but also everyone better still come in until further notice.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Neslepaks posted:

hi im now in the pandemic wfh club

i dont expect to get much done since the kids are also stuck here

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

theadder posted:

going to look at grain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2umyUC1BGs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

corvid19 has taught me to re-appreciate the simple things like a good cup of coffee in the morning.

same, stocked up on good stuff right as i finished cutting my caffeine so i can do a long steep and get a good cup without making motor oil thick coffee

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I finally worked up the nerve to to the grocery store and there was zero toilet paper

cashier told me to be there at 8AM sharp when the truck arrives if I want to snag a package

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my local walgreens has plenty of tp but hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes no longer exist on this material plane

halloween is going to be wild this year with everyone in the burbs having 3 cargo pallets of it in their garages

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

i had a mild cold for a few days and im kinda hoping that was the extent of my coronavirus experience (but probably not).

oh and wfh is now mandatory at my company.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i am corona-holio! i need TP for my cough hole!

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i was going to go to scandinavia this summer, but i guess it'll have to wait until next year now :(
i'm bummed, but at least it's something for next summer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Broken Machine posted:

i was going to go to scandinavia this summer, but i guess it'll have to wait until next year now :(
i'm bummed, but at least it's something for next summer

we're flying to the UK in late june. still planning on that happening.

e: unless i'm dead, then i'll be flying to shitpost valhalla (up my own rear end)

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

President Beep posted:

we're flying to the UK in late june. still planning on that happening.

e: unless i'm dead, then i'll be flying to shitpost valhalla (up my own rear end)

one of the places we're going is norway, to see some friends, plus some of those going along are olds so they're more vulnerable. the whole country is basically shut down now though, including all the museums and such so we might as well wait. hope your trip works out

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
as of today it me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

my local walgreens has plenty of tp but hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes no longer exist on this material plane

our store had three wipe containers left but an almost full shelf of lysol and clorox spray cleaners in the windex cleaner style bottles and a decent bit of paper towels. i did grab the last 409 but that's because it cleans a kitchen counter well

tp is out now, though, but some stores had rolling stock outages for a few days so like quilted northern was barren but those red bear ones were almost full

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

my office order from two weeks ago for screen cleaner was declined due to low stock, but desk cleaner was fine???

good luck office. nobody is there to get the mail now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

starting coughing this morning, trying not to jump to any conclusions