Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Im on a train and a woman just coughed without covering up so i think im finally going to get to die 😀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

queserasera posted:

I saw a bat outside my house tonight! I was worried that the population had either moved on or died off because I hadn't seen any in a year and a half but they're here!

Bats are awesome! I regularly see a bat flying in the evenings, just outside my house. Just one bat, never two. A while ago I found a little dead bat at the end of my road and was really sad that our local bat had died, but either it wasn't our bat or a new bat moved in immediately because there was a bat flittering around at twilight just a few days later. The way they fly is so weird-looking:3:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

Im on a train and a woman just coughed without covering up so i think im finally going to get to die 😀

Don't do the terminally-online "lol I lust for death" thing in the thread devoted to Extremely Good Vibes, please.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
got word that we are finally, finally, finally, finally going to close on the refinancing that has been shambling along since loving august. they're probably super eager to close on it now that interest rates are cratering, I know we could probably work for a better deal, but honestly I don't loving care at this point if I get an extra percent difference if it'd mean having to redo a shitload of paperwork and stuff. Come monday, this entire insanely stressful ordeal will hopefully, finally be over. I dare to dream. It will mean SO MUCH. The halved interest rate, from 7 to 3.5. The combined equity line of credit into the mortgage resulting in an overall monthly payment reduction of like $700 less a month. The money pulled out to pay off most if not all other debts, redo the siding on the house, have landscapers clear the invasive vines and downed tree from the yard, do some misc fixing, and have a financial buffer for hopefully the next year and a half until my true full time pay rate goes from 20ish bucks an hour to 34 an hour. Please no last second catastrophes to gently caress it up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yikes, I don't know if I've ever seen a 7% interest rate on a primary residence before. Was it originally an investment property or something?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nope, just a really old mortgage that prior attempts to refinance repeatedly failed due to lots of bad things not suited for this thread. Identity theft is a bitch.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My job is giving all hourly employees a 2/hr raise for the next month or so because we have to work during the virus outbreak

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
After seven long months of telephone tag, three separate employees assigned to our case quitting over the course of it, requests and re-requests and re-re-requests for documents repeatedly, my refinancing finally went through. Was quarantining but had to sit down with a lawyer to sign the (literally an inch thick) stack of documents to officially recognize it, but it's all done now. 800 dollars a month less, halved interest rate(we got in when it was low but before the total interest rate collapse that's happening right now), and some cash to put into home improvements when things start going back to normal whenever that is. It's been a good day. That's a HUGE relief on my anxiety and stress every day, especially after the second refi we had looked into while the first one dragged on resulted in a trash appraiser estimating the value of our house at $80,000 less than the first appraiser.

Now my only major source of anxiety is getting my FMLA leave approved. My regular doctor is off until april and so I have to ask the nurse practitioner to sign the paperwork and write the explanation, she is a very nice lady, but I'm not able to sit down and talk to her at length about why I'm taking leave because the office has shut down all non-sick patient visits. She called while I was asleep to talk about it and I barely remember what I said or if I even explained anything, so I tried calling again later to talk while I was more awake and the secretary(?) of the office refused to let me speak to her, said "it won't matter if you talk to her or not in getting your FMLA approved", and said I can just drop off the paperwork for her to sign, but not come into the office. I mentioned this to my mom and she said I should report her for intruding on an important medical issue when it's not the secretary's job or her business. I don't know if that's the case for doctor's office secretaries or not, but now I'm worried that the NP won't understand why I'm requesting leave and it won't get approved, especially if there's a lot of people applying due to the pandemic and Aetna starts nitpicking who can take leave or not. Like, this leave was for when I literally wanted to die a couple weeks ago, so I decided to go back on my medication, and want to take time to re-acclimate to it so I don't have a nervous breakdown or psychotic break at work since my brain chemicals are gonna be all weird for a bit after going back on it. I've already been off work for a week and if the claim gets denied, I have no clue what the gently caress is going to happen to my job. My union stewards both know my situation and why I took leave so I'm hoping they could back me up if the company tried to pull some bullshit, but it's still making my anxiety spike like nothing else.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Cap, I am so relieved that refinancing didn't get screwed by covid. Thank goodness you got it done in time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol you have no idea, watching that plague wave come crashing into the US in slow motion and knowing how bad it's going to be as we were in the final, final steps of the process I was basically daily panicking that they would pull out because the economy was about to crash or basically any other reason, christ the lender was so loving skittish I was afraid a gust of wind would make them change their mind. but the cash is in the bank and the mortgage is modified, so no going back now! that and mom getting medicare finally this month, that's like 1500 bucks less a month in expenses. that's, well, I don't need to explain how massive that is. that's over a third of all of our expenses. and we're definitely gonna need it in the coming months/year at the rate covid is going in the US.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Seriously, congratulations!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My game exists! First bulk run is done, now I just need to wait for overseas shipping

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I did my final round of "non-essential" shopping before lockdown tomorrow which mostly consisted of purchasing rum and a subway sandwich. Out of the four cashiers I dealt with throughout the day I didn't once fail to get a good laugh out of them by wishing them a "Happy Quarantine".

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Today my 7 year old son and I completed Halo 1. I t was magical reliving the levels and seeing his excitement and awe at the game. He picked up controller skill almost immediately was was kicking butt. The last 6 minutes of the last level he was beside himself with delight as we were making our escape driving the Warthog.

Twas a good day.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Pookah posted:

Bats are awesome! I regularly see a bat flying in the evenings, just outside my house. Just one bat, never two. A while ago I found a little dead bat at the end of my road and was really sad that our local bat had died, but either it wasn't our bat or a new bat moved in immediately because there was a bat flittering around at twilight just a few days later. The way they fly is so weird-looking:3:

I feel like bats deserve some love here in March 2020. I used to live near Banff and every night swarms of nasty bitey insects would congregate around street lamps, and without fail the bats would come out for a feeding frenzy.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I bought some toilet paper

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Garrand posted:

I bought some toilet paper

:hellyeah:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hadn't seen my ladyfriend in weeks and she came over last night.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I still have medication. I’ll try to make sure I still get meds next year.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
quit my loving job bc it's better to be unemployed in a loving pandemic and global crisis than to work there! I'll never again have to ignore the group of managers huddled ten feet from my chair discussing alt-right fascist talking points loudly to try and get me, the shop's pet queer, to comment on it! the weight lifted from my shoulders is immense and they're all going to catch covid cuz they think it's an anti-trump hoax. :angel:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My insurance takes effect tomorrow. Gonna get all the things fixed!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Small and kinda egocentric, but one of my clients would not stop hitting on me today. I've been super stressed this week at work, so it was kinda neat to have some one shamelessly flirt with me. I don't know, just felt good to have someone not yelling or demanding something of me for a change. She's a pretty big weirdo and she's married and I'm assuming it's because she's been locked up for a month with nothing but her kids and husband, but still. I'll take it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
While still stuck inside, I went through allllllll of my various socked away paperwork and recycled/shredded fully half of it that was long obsolete, irrelevant, or just unnecessary, a few reams worth of paper disposed of. Feels great, I hate paperwork clutter.

Found something I was looking for that was on sale on Ebay, offered them a further 20% under THAT price, and they accepted it, so I got it for a significant chunk less than the going rate for the thing.

And to cap it off, a small-time youtube musician I follow covered a request of mine, Izzy Glow's theme from Megaman X5. It's pretty good! I love that theme, and also that it's a rad as hell, energetic theme juxtaposed by the boss being some nerdy old man firefly robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK0Lp1xAS_w&hd=1

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That is a drat good song.

I finally bought and built an actual desk today so I can stop using the plastic folding table I've had since 2012, pizza's on the way and I'm gonna spend my day marathoning Letterkenny which i have fallen in absolute love with. A good day.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Needed to get my cats their food, which I get through Chewy. They have a notice saying to expect deliveries to take 7-10 days. So I had put in the order, then realized the next day I can likely get it from my vet, which is what I did. Took me nearly three hours of being on hold (and a fake out agent pick up and forcibly disconnected from the call on their end so I had to call back) but I was able to get it cancelled and a refund.

Came home today and there is the package on my porch. So hey, free bag of (expensive) cat food! I also got a (temporary but we'll see) raise last week because we're an essential business and the higher ups surprisingly wanted to treat us with some goddamn dignity.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's been happening more and more to me, lately. I'll cancel something, get the chargeback, and then get the product anyways. No problem here!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

One of my friends went out and picked up a Nintendo Switch Lite for me because I wasn't able to since I don't drive. She even grabbed a bubble tea for me too. And internet banking makes it so easy to pay people back. People are amazing sometimes.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I attended what i thought was a preliminary job interview and walked out with an offer letter and a start date :)

I thought the interview I had last week somewhere else went well but they haven't followed up on it while this one pays significantly better and actually hired me on the spot so here's hoping it doesn't turn out to have a really bad catch lol

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I got a call yesterday about a job I applied for, the remaining interview stages will be online via a chat program so I don't have to worry about the coronavirus loving up the interview process. I'll be scheduling the first stage of the proper interview next week.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Had a plumbing job at my house I needed to get done. Got a quote from one company for 1800 dollars. The next guy quoted me 250.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Made potato rosti that didn't fall apart when I flipped them, for the first time ever.

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?
Got my studying marathon DONE. I am now watching brown butter chocolate chip cookies bake while drinking gin & tonics on the kitchen floor. May as well enjoy being stuck inside.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I got my own photography printed large and hung around the house and now I can't stop looking at them. 5 in total. It feels amazing to take it from a shot I developed at home, to my own scans and editing to a final product.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Many of the houses in my neighborhood are rental properties because the boomers who grew up and raised kids here moved away and used their first houses as extra income. Our next door neighbors are renters and their absentee landlord wanted to sell but did not want to sell to the people currently renting it. One of my other neighbors bought the house so the renters don't have to move out and they are currently fixing up the property. I was really worried that the renters would be kicked out of the house they've been renting for years and forced to go look for another place to live during the pandemic, and now that's not going to happen.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

It was beautiful outside and I sat in the sun and read a book

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Built a fire, cleaned up the yard, grilled burgers, cuddled with my daughter, played guitars.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I had a soft drink for the first time in over a month and I feel like a very naughty boy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My hamster fell asleep inside my shirt, rolled over on her back and was having a dream as she gently murmured and pawed at the underside of the shirt

I was paralyzed because I didn't want to interrupt her dreaming and also because I wanted to savor the aborableness

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just recovered an old email address I haven't used in years and years. I was kinda just browsing through stuff to see if there was anything besides spam emails and there was a recent one from a bank telling me my savings account had been dormant for more than two years and it was going to be closed if I didn't reach out to them. Spent the first hour of my day on hold waiting for someone to answer and then another 30 minutes trying to prove to someone over the phone I was me (which was it's own set of hilarity trying to guess what address was on file for this thing).

But it was worth it! Not a ton of money, but still a decent chunk of change. Haven't decided if I'm gonna use it for a couple of mortgage payments or if I should just toss it into my rainy day fund. I've been covering a couple of my friend's rents the past few months, so this is kind of a nice surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just recovered an old email address I haven't used in years and years. I was kinda just browsing through stuff to see if there was anything besides spam emails and there was a recent one from a bank telling me my savings account had been dormant for more than two years and it was going to be closed if I didn't reach out to them. Spent the first hour of my day on hold waiting for someone to answer and then another 30 minutes trying to prove to someone over the phone I was me (which was it's own set of hilarity trying to guess what address was on file for this thing).

But it was worth it! Not a ton of money, but still a decent chunk of change. Haven't decided if I'm gonna use it for a couple of mortgage payments or if I should just toss it into my rainy day fund. I've been covering a couple of my friend's rents the past few months, so this is kind of a nice surprise.

Mortgage payments last and last. Needing to fix your car or replace your furnace can happen in an instant and wreck you for a month or more. Put it away for a rainy day.

Indolent Bastard has a new favorite as of 14:53 on May 1, 2020