Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ChocNitty posted:

Breath of the Wild is like freebasing crack cocaine. The first experience is the best, and then you do it again to try and get that same high, but it’s not quite as good.

I am currently playing it for the first time, and I am just high every goddamned minute of every day. Shirking responsibilities, staying up too late, binge binge binge, I always need more, it's ever enough.

At this rate, I'm looking forward to my 2nd+ playthroughs.

Anyone know how to take out those flying guardians? Gotta light those towers UP! :awesomelon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Anyone know how to take out those flying guardians? Gotta light those towers UP! :awesomelon:

You will get arrows that completely decimate them eventually. Enough damage with arrows (bombs probably work best) can knock off their engines and send them plumetting.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ChocNitty posted:

Breath of the Wild is like freebasing crack cocaine. The first experience is the best, and then you do it again to try and get that same high, but it’s not quite as good.

Chasing the Dragon to get those damned horns, scales and claws! :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lynels, amirite?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

fit em all up in there posted:

Pre-Order: Nintendo Switch Console Animal Crossing New Horizons Edition $299.99 via Military Exchange (Military Only). http://ow.ly/oTLf30qp6Zp

Dunno if this will help anyone looking, but I thought I pass this on.

You've done a tremendous service with this and saved me after two weeks of trying to figure out how to get one of these, thanks for this!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My ps4 controller just started analog drifting but my launch joycons are perfectly fine

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I am currently playing it for the first time, and I am just high every goddamned minute of every day. Shirking responsibilities, staying up too late, binge binge binge, I always need more, it's ever enough.

There's some good arrows out there that will delete them. You can also reflect their laser if you're good enough. Or use magnesis on a huge object and slam it into them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

how the gently caress they charging 60 euro dollars for a 231 piece set?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gripweed posted:

It's gonna be something with a couple of huge weird hyper-specific pieces probably

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's gonna be something with a couple of huge weird hyper-specific pieces probably

Oh yeah, or like one of those Lego boats where the hull is just one giant piece. I had one of those as a kid

Is that a thing, are there boats in Mario?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There are airships.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

Possible a game is included with it, or some AR thing via a mobile app like some LEGO sets have these days.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I literally stayed up all night playing that game once. I looked out the window and saw the sun coming up and I said "You're a grown man shame on you!"

But then I beat it and I haven't gone back. Too many good games on Switch.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's gonna be this bastard from Mario 3, as a solid lump of plastic without any points to add blocks to.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That image implies that Mario has a hope, however brief, of escaping Boss Bass' cavernous maw, which makes it less canon accurate than those Russian bootlegs where they put Mario's head on Jackie Chan and Fred Flintstone's bodies

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egl6lQ3oUJA

interesting video, even if my personal answer 2 this riddle is significantly less interesting

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

In anticipation of imminent self-quarantine we just bought a Switch. What're some must haves that aren't Wii U re-releases?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

anatomi posted:

In anticipation of imminent self-quarantine we just bought a Switch. What're some must haves that aren't Wii U re-releases?

Breath of the Wild
Hollow Knight
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

glassyalabolas posted:

Breath of the Wild

:raise:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

anatomi posted:

MK8 Deluxe
Mario Maker 2
Splatoon 2 if youre into online mp
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Snipperclips

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

anatomi posted:

Super Mario Odyssey.

That's it. Every other must have is a Wii U re-release.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress yeah i forgot it somehow but Mario Odyssey is right alongside BotW as best Nintendo game on the console

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Splatoon 2 may count as a re-release depending on who you ask, but it's still pretty good.

Your first time playing Odyssey is going to be unforgettable. Best to go in blind.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Splatoon 2 may count as a re-release depending on who you ask, but it's still pretty good.

Splatoon 2 is a reboot, it has nothing in common with the og mechanically, please don't bring that pre release rumor back.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Splatoon2 is better than CS:GO. Also, get Killer Queen Black.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I spent WAY too long last night trying to finish Vah Ruta, because that 'dungeon' had a way of making me feel super smart when solving its puzzles. Still took a while, but I didn't look anything up!

And in it, I finally perfected my shield deflect, so when I'm done, those guardians are hosed. :black101:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I think that's the major difference between botw and the other Zelda's, the puzzles genuinely feel like something you figured out in your own way instead of just doing exactly what the designer intended. Some got tired of the shrines, but for me they were breaks from waltzing around picking fruit, so it was a nice amuse-bouche without really 'wasting' my time before I was back adventuring.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

I think that's the major difference between botw and the other Zelda's, the puzzles genuinely feel like something you figured out in your own way instead of just doing exactly what the designer intended. Some got tired of the shrines, but for me they were breaks from waltzing around picking fruit, so it was a nice amuse-bouche without really 'wasting' my time before I was back adventuring.

I absolutely love the shrines for the exact reason you stated. I heard some people complain (someone always complains) about lack of true dungeons, but last I checked there were 120 of these things!! Sure, that's spread out, but holy hell, that's a lot of puzzle solving and miniboss fighting! What more do they want from a dungeon? Just because it doesn't look like it's themed on a fish's stomach or inside some weird tree mansion doesn't mean it's not more of the same content that was loved before.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I absolutely love the shrines for the exact reason you stated. I heard some people complain (someone always complains) about lack of true dungeons, but last I checked there were 120 of these things!! Sure, that's spread out, but holy hell, that's a lot of puzzle solving and miniboss fighting! What more do they want from a dungeon? Just because it doesn't look like it's themed on a fish's stomach or inside some weird tree mansion doesn't mean it's not more of the same content that was loved before.

I mean that's the thing, there's 120 of them, they take about 5 minutes to complete, and there's what maybe 6 styles? I did enough to get the master sword and then moved on because I was already over them

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Exactly, I have fond memories of oot and majora, but also remember dreading how long they took. You gotta go to the right side of dodongo and then you got to go all the way over to the left side and then you got to go up to the top and then you got to go across the bridge and then you got to fight the lizards and then you got to go over and you got to drop down the bridge and I'm just let me get to the end please.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I want it to feel like I'm exploring a cool place with cool thematic level design. I don't think that's an unreasonable ask for a zelda game.

I do like the shrines though, I just wish the beasts weren't so lame.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Regy Rusty posted:

I want it to feel like I'm exploring a cool place with cool thematic level design.

You did, its called Hyrule

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bushisms.txt posted:

Splatoon 2 is a reboot, it has nothing in common with the og mechanically, please don't bring that pre release rumor back.

...What?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

bushisms.txt posted:

As far as I know the only significant difference is that in Splatoon 2 the Special Weapons are less overpowered. but beyond that they play pretty much exactly the same

also the singleplayer plot in 2 follows directly from the plot of the first one

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

bushisms.txt posted:

It is not a reboot. It is a sequel, with everything that entails. The rumors were that it would be an enhanced port, which it wasn't.

It is mechanically very similar to the first entry, because it is a sequel. It is also incredibly good, for anyone on the fence reading this.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Lego Mario is something else....

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It is a loving amiibo.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Much like amiibo I will be purchasing them all because I would rather have toys than children.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That is cool as poo poo and the fact it's not just another "big Lego set of a thing from a franchise" that nerds will hoard to build as a display piece in their nerd hovels is actually nice to see.

Toys should be played with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I didn’t see it being used as amiibo. Is it actually one?