Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So the game is yet again confusing me. I went back to DC yesterday to work on the season stuff since I showed the liberation of NYC at 100%... Today it's showing the Liberation of NYC at 88% and saying I need to do Dark Blades. I already killed Dark Blades and it shows on the map as "Reduced rewards" because it's already completed. wtf.. silly game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Does anyone have a skill build for solo play? My only real gear set for 40 currently is a full skill power set. I've mostly duo'd everything with my friend who was going full armor with a shield and it worked very well. I find myself getting murdered very quickly even using cover well while playing solo on hard, forget doing challenging right now. It feels like relying on 2 skills without being able to really use a defensive ability knee caps me pretty hard. I tried the reflect shield with a few different options for skills and it worked ok but it was really slow.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Do I really have to go to my inventory and stick the mod on the turret (or whatever skill, I guess) every time I use the skill

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Inspector Hound posted:

Do I really have to go to my inventory and stick the mod on the turret (or whatever skill, I guess) every time I use the skill

No? They stay set once you slot them.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kesper North posted:

No? They stay set once you slot them.

Hmm. Maybe it's falling off when I change loadouts? I keep having to reapply the same mod to my turret

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Frustrated posted:

Does anyone have a skill build for solo play? My only real gear set for 40 currently is a full skill power set. I've mostly duo'd everything with my friend who was going full armor with a shield and it worked very well. I find myself getting murdered very quickly even using cover well while playing solo on hard, forget doing challenging right now. It feels like relying on 2 skills without being able to really use a defensive ability knee caps me pretty hard. I tried the reflect shield with a few different options for skills and it worked ok but it was really slow.

This is what i'm running:

The backpack exotic is not strictly necessary but is just overall super nice for it.

Most of the other slots have Skill Haste + Skill Damage and or Status Effects.

Skills Used:
Sniper Turret - With enough Skill damage you can oneshot Purple low armor enemies on solo Challenging.

Airburst Mine - The Burn does just a trillion damage if you have the weapon talent Perpetuation Active. If you tag a boss with it that isn't immune to fire or a Tank, They will die

I'm using the Talent Tag-Team which lets you easily keep throwing out Airbursts as long as you shoot people with your Sniper turret.

The main thing is just to put your sniper turret in good locations and let it do most of the work while tossing airbursts to deal with yellow bars and flush them out of cover.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Frustrated posted:

Does anyone have a skill build for solo play?

If you want a skill build in the sense that you use skills to kill things, 2x Hana, either 3xChina/1xWW or 2xChina/2xWW. Get Skilled on the chest, Shock and Awe on the backpack, and prioritize Skill Haste > Skill Damage >>> Status Effects. Run Demo spec with bleed grenades. Seekers and whatever other skill you feel is good, though I vastly prefer the bleed hive to anything else. Hive procs S&A on the backpack, gives you a one-button response to things close to you, holds choke points on its own for CPs, baits heavies, and causes normal enemies to run in fear.

You won't be tanky, but if you want to be tanky you really aren't looking at a skill build.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Inspector Hound posted:

Hmm. Maybe it's falling off when I change loadouts? I keep having to reapply the same mod to my turret

The UI really sucks about this. I have unslotted things when I thought I was slotting them. Might be that.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
How do I get more specialization points for the other signature weapons? It appears I've gotten a smattering from something, but I can't tell what. Do I need to do the Field Research things for each weapon? Does the weapon need to be equipped to get the points?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Chaitai posted:

How do I get more specialization points for the other signature weapons? It appears I've gotten a smattering from something, but I can't tell what. Do I need to do the Field Research things for each weapon? Does the weapon need to be equipped to get the points?

You can only have one specialization activated at a time, and that is the specialization that will get any points you earn.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

UnknownMercenary posted:

The main issue with Frenzy IMO is that it requires a reload from empty and the bonus is based on how large the magazine size is, combined with having the bonus only last for a few seconds. If there was an easier way to control when you get the bonus I'd use it.
I was messing around with sleipner the last couple days (perfect frenzy) and the way it worked out with the base 50 and a 50 round expansion from the gunner tree the frenzy duration would nearly empty the gun (like 10 bullets left at the end) - then I would leave the gun empty and swap to a secondary. When I could see a good pack of enemies coming up I would swap back and reload.

Felt like I mostly had control and when I was using my LMG it was nearly always frenzied.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Inspector Hound posted:

If you saved a loadout, it saves the mods on the skills as well. So every time you’re loading that loadout back onto your character it will change the mods too back to what was originally saved. Replace the mods with what you want and then overwrite the loadout to save the skill with the correct mods.

It’s actually a great feature (or at least it used to be) because loadout saving mods means you can change up your hive/chem launchers mods to assault or healing profiles basically with the push of a button.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Finally beat Keener with some pubs, few of them did the blood hive thing and when he hopped down we all got to see IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE pop up over his head so that was an auspicious start :shepface:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bullet King only drops from Rikers in NYC right? So basically Wall St and Bounties?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Bullet King only drops from Rikers in NYC right? So basically Wall St and Bounties?

Only Rikers Missions. There should be 2 Rikers missions.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Got kicked out of the game 5 times in 15 minutes. I guess the maintenance broke more than it fixed.

E: Seems stable now.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 12, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Seditiar posted:

Got kicked out of the game 5 times in 15 minutes. I guess the maintenance broke more than it fixed.

Nah I'm non stop Delta-3s and I'm about to throw my mouse.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Yeah I jinxed myself within 30 seconds. :(

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Seditiar posted:

I just had a fantastic run through Wall Street with a great PUG who knew what they were doing and got kicked just as we got to the trading floor. Ffs

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

If you saved a loadout, it saves the mods on the skills as well. So every time you’re loading that loadout back onto your character it will change the mods too back to what was originally saved. Replace the mods with what you want and then overwrite the loadout to save the skill with the correct mods.

It’s actually a great feature (or at least it used to be) because loadout saving mods means you can change up your hive/chem launchers mods to assault or healing profiles basically with the push of a button.

I think this was it, my shield and turret mods seem to be staying in place. I was immediately disappointed to find I couldn't change loadouts during combat, which makes realism sense guess, but it would have been nice to be able to change from my recon setup to my little assault one as I work my way closer to the bad guys position.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Seditiar posted:

Only Rikers Missions. There should be 2 Rikers missions.

Only from the last boss in Rikers missions. That means Dragov or Parnell only.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Shoren posted:

You can only repeat 4 missions total though, I thought the steps towards those missions were "side" missions.

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009

Shoren posted:

Which is the faster mission to run? I just remember Dragov taking forever but I can't remember anything about Parnell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Parnell was the steam / drones poo poo of a boss fight. I would think Dragov would be the faster fight once you understand the routine of minigun hopping.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Wait people use the miniguns? Haven't ever seen anyone use them on Dragov.

But yeah, Dragov is definitely faster.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1238102686937100290

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What's the secret to the miniguns? As soon as I reach one there's a spark and it stops working.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bamhand posted:

What's the secret to the miniguns? As soon as I reach one there's a spark and it stops working.

Pay attention to the room’s lighting. The mini guns are on a fixed timer that rotates between the 3-4 of them. the lights on the corner/gun that is about to work turn bright white (instead of the blinking / red). A couple of enemies will always spawn right by it when this happens. So you run towards it, kill the enemies, then get on the gun and mow the tanks/dragov down.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Hakarne posted:

I threw together a hardwired artillery turret build and it's stupid fun/powerful. I'm using 4 piece hardwired, a named China Light (+15% explosive damage) backpack with Perfect Shock and Awe, and a wyvern holster (10% skill damage). I'm using a Stoner LMG that has Spike to suppress enemies and get bonus skill dmg on headshot, and Emeline's Guard which has Perfect Preservation for healing.

You can just sit in cover and nuke everything down. The artillery turret applies bleed so shock and awe bonus is always running, and most enemies die in 1 hit even on challenging. The only thing that sucks are heavy gunners. It takes like 10+ mortars to gib them and it's really slowing me down when I run into them. What's a good skill for dealing with hardened targets like that? I almost exclusively used guns in D1 and D2 so I'm new to skill builds.

The other downside is charging enemies and the janky turret targeting. But when your mortars connect it's all worth it.

I found a good skill that compliments my mortar nicely for hard targets: my gun :v:. But really, I actually used the healing drone and focused on health repair as my secondary stat to skill damage when I could. My drone's up to 80k repair which makes you incredibly resilient when gunning from cover. That lets me spray bullets from my Stoner LMG to constantly have spike proc'd and lock down targets for my mortar. Your weapon damage obviously isn't great but it's not too bad either - you can still kill reds and charging enemies on challenging easily enough with just your gun, and you can drill the same spot on a heavy for much quicker kills.

That's just for solo too. This also makes you a fantastic support for groups. LMG for CC, mortar for indirect fire, and you can also play healer with your drone. I'm digging it so far.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pay attention to the room’s lighting. The mini guns are on a fixed timer that rotates between the 3-4 of them. the lights on the corner/gun that is about to work turn bright white (instead of the blinking / red). A couple of enemies will always spawn right by it when this happens. So you run towards it, kill the enemies, then get on the gun and mow the tanks/dragov down.

But are the miniguns better than regular miniguns outside this mission? Otherwise you're very vulnerable at higher difficulties for only medium-ish increase (or barely an increase if you're full red attributes).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The miniguns definitely feel like more of a group thing. If you’re by yourself trying to use them can feel like you’re the only one in Boomer’s room in the raid.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I've been having Delta-03 disconnects since the Warlords update.
It goes away after awhile but its pretty irritating.
Now it seems their new patch has made even more people get them.

There has been multiple threads on their forums about it and all they have ever done is suggest "Did you try forwarding your ports?".

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Didn't they finish an emergency patch for that like 15mins ago?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hakarne posted:

I found a good skill that compliments my mortar nicely for hard targets: my gun :v:. But really, I actually used the healing drone and focused on health repair as my secondary stat to skill damage when I could. My drone's up to 80k repair which makes you incredibly resilient when gunning from cover. That lets me spray bullets from my Stoner LMG to constantly have spike proc'd and lock down targets for my mortar. Your weapon damage obviously isn't great but it's not too bad either - you can still kill reds and charging enemies on challenging easily enough with just your gun, and you can drill the same spot on a heavy for much quicker kills.

That's just for solo too. This also makes you a fantastic support for groups. LMG for CC, mortar for indirect fire, and you can also play healer with your drone. I'm digging it so far.

How does this work with using the Hard wired talent to reset cooldown on the mortar? I've been using stuff like the shield and chem launcher that are effectively always available, so that I can pop them to refresh my turret cooldown whenever it runs dry or needs to be moved. Seems like you have less flexibility with a skill like the drone that's longer duration and longer cooldown?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Seditiar posted:

You can only repeat 4 missions total though, I thought the steps towards those missions were "side" missions.

What I meant is that the other named enemies in the Wall Street and Tombs missions (Judge, Duchess, Ron, and the last shield dude) won't drop it. It only drops from Dragov or Parnell. That's their thing with the Y2 exotics, mission-related ones drop from the last boss of the faction mission and not from any random faction boss like Merciless or Lullaby did. For example, I'm pretty sure Tardigrade also only drops from the last boss of a True Sons mission (or at least I've only seen it from from Keates in Lincoln Memorial despite the other named enemies).

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Does a shield in a skill-damage build, like say with a turret for hardwired, actually make you more resilient? Like obviously it should but I wonder how much survivability comes from blue secondary attributes. So far I've really only hosed with red and yellow builds, and found the lowered time to kill on my red build usually makes me more survivable - although it's possible I just wasn't running a good yellow build (I tried to rebuild my Ongoing Directive build, stinger hives and assault drone.)

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Hulk Krogan posted:

How does this work with using the Hard wired talent to reset cooldown on the mortar? I've been using stuff like the shield and chem launcher that are effectively always available, so that I can pop them to refresh my turret cooldown whenever it runs dry or needs to be moved. Seems like you have less flexibility with a skill like the drone that's longer duration and longer cooldown?

I was worried about that too but it hasn't been an issue so far. The drone lasts forever and you can just cancel it to trigger hardwired for your turret if necessary. It's like a 20-25 second cooldown on the drone and I'm using a non-set backpack so it matches pretty close to hardwired's cooldown. The only thing I sorta have to keep track of is the drone duration between multiple areas. It's like a 5 minute duration which is plenty for individual fights, but I found it best to cancel it when moving between fights.

But I may try the healing chem launcher tonight to see how it compares to the drone. I realized I'm still thinking of skills as if I have no skill power. I'm guessing a tier 6 healing chem would last quite a bit longer than it would on a red build. That's what drew me to the drone - continuous mobile healing while firing and launching mortars. If I could preemptively lay a chem patch that lasts a while that may do just fine!

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 12, 2020

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Digital Osmosis posted:

Does a shield in a skill-damage build, like say with a turret for hardwired, actually make you more resilient? Like obviously it should but I wonder how much survivability comes from blue secondary attributes. So far I've really only hosed with red and yellow builds, and found the lowered time to kill on my red build usually makes me more survivable - although it's possible I just wasn't running a good yellow build (I tried to rebuild my Ongoing Directive build, stinger hives and assault drone.)

Do you mean if hazard protection and explosive resistance affect the shield as well as you? I don't think so because the shield is a skill deployable and they aren't affected by your resistances. For instance, if you get 100% disrupt resistance you can throw a turret out even if you're sitting in an EMP jammer's radius, but your turret will be disrupted.

When it comes to using the shield, if you're not shooting your gun with it then you're better off equipping a second skill. The increased DPS is worth having to stick to cover to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hakarne posted:

I was worried about that too but it hasn't been an issue so far. The drone lasts forever and you can just cancel it to trigger hardwired for your turret if necessary. It's like a 20-25 second cooldown on the drone and I'm using a non-set backpack so it matches pretty close to hardwired's cooldown. The only thing I sorta have to keep track of is the drone duration between multiple areas. It's like a 5 minute duration which is plenty for individual fights, but I found it best to cancel it when moving between fights.

But I may try the healing chem launcher tonight to see how it compares to the drone. I realized I'm still thinking of skills as if I have no skill power. I'm guessing a tier 6 healing chem would last quite a bit longer than it would on a red build. That's what drew me to the drone - continuous mobile healing while firing and launching mortars. If I could preemptively lay a chem patch that lasts a while that may do just fine!

Chem heal isn't bad in this setup, and you have lots of charges at skill tier 6. What's really fun is the riot foam. Ran that in a group last night and it was tons of fun effectively stun locking named enemies and rogue agents so my team could focus fire them down, revive people, repositions, etc. Pretty good oh poo poo button when they try to rush you too.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Shields use yellow or blue pips interchangeably when determining your skill tier, so 6 blue, 6 yellow, 3/3, or any other combination of the two gives you a shield that's skill tier 6 and thus pretty beefy.

There's probably better skills to run on most skill builds in terms of synergy and utility, but the shield is definitely usable on a skill build if that's how you wanna roll.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 12, 2020