Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Report This Post has been going for a whole year, and there doesn't seem to be a thread about it, which is weird to me because one host is a (former?) Goon, and they have a whole episode about Something Awful.

From their website:

quote:

Report This Post is a podcast about the worst posts made by the worst people on the internet. Each week, Christian and Geiger pick a topic then scour Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, forums, blogs, and comment sections to shine light on the posts that make us laugh or call the police.

The podcast is basically just dunking on internet chuds and it's great. The hosts have chemistry, the audio quality is good, and it's very funny.

The majority of each episode has the hosts going back and forth reading posts from the internet, related to the topic of the week, with a few recurring and semi-recurring segments thrown in as well.

Popular episodes include Something Awful (08), theChive (11), Flat Earthers (15), Dumpster Diving (24), Incels & MGTOW (26), MRA & PUA (27), Sovereign Citizens (36), Juggalos (37), Sexperts (40), and the most cursed episode of all, the fiftieth episode spectacular: Diapers (50).

https://twitter.com/ReportThisPost/status/1163162260665184256

There's no real narrative between episodes, so you can pick one you like the sound of and check it out.

Web: https://reportthispost.com/
twitter: https://twitter.com/reportthispost
soundcloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/reportthispost

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I listened to the first few episodes earlier this summer and have been meaning to get back to it. Decent show. I only found out about it through the drama around Geiger's previous podcast The Flour Hour, which is a shame because it's worth checking out on its own merits. Kind of a middle ground between The F+'s goofy roundtable of Internet idiocy and Lou Reads's straight-faced monologue.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I listened to the first few episodes earlier this summer and have been meaning to get back to it. Decent show. I only found out about it through the drama around Geiger's previous podcast The Flour Hour, which is a shame because it's worth checking out on its own merits. Kind of a middle ground between The F+'s goofy roundtable of Internet idiocy and Lou Reads's straight-faced monologue.

What was the drama?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I only know secondhand information and would rather not poison the well for this show with hearsay.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 10, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Of all the terrible stuff that's been on Report This Post, probably the worst thing to me was the young adult episode. I haven't listened to all of the other ones but the concept of "own voice" really stuck with me. Just a wide variety of terrible stuff.

Harry Potter was the best in terms of breadth of terribleness, though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Reported :v:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

RIP Twit or Twitn't

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm three posts into the anti-vax episode and I've said "Jesus Christ" out loud twice. I can't keep listening to this at work.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Are they picking over whatever the F-Plus has already been through or is their content novel?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Victory Position posted:

Are they picking over whatever the F-Plus has already been through or is their content novel?

This is my same question

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Victory Position posted:

I haven't listened to F-Plus. I imagine whatever overlap there is, if any, isn't intentional.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Victory Position posted:

There's some overlap, but that's mostly because that show has spent an entire decade reading Internet bullshit. Report This Post covers more general topics and has a different approach to them; it's not redundant at all.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

RIP Twit or Twitn't
It's back now!

I get a kick out of how Geiger pronounces MGTOW as "mig-tow." I like saying "M-G-toe."

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

lol they bought an ad

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I enjoyed the recent craft beer episode where Christian read out a news report about one of Geigers gently caress ups.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

lol they bought an ad

hi Christian!

Tears In A Vial posted:

I enjoyed the recent craft beer episode where Christian read out a news report about one of Geigers gently caress ups.
That was my favorite episode to date. Although I wish they had read more posts from the Beer Advocate forums, there's no shortage of snobs and snobbery there.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Man those cyber Monday bonus episodes are something, huh. Twenty minutes on how a lady in the office uses a different file name convention. Good stuff

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

libertarian episode is v good

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m digging this. More low key than I was expecting but the content is good and they have a good dynamic

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I love the fanart for this latest episode.

I have to imagine a Friends episode is going to happen. I'm still baffled by the fact that Friends is more of a '90s cultural touchstone among the public than The Simpsons, which was a major cultural phenomenon when it started. I understand that has a lot to do with the fact that Friends has been on Netflix for a long, long time and The Simpsons was very late to the streaming game, but still.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 16, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Boy, that "I want to gently caress Marge" Reddit post just kept on fuckin going, huh

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
it was a lot, yeah

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I love the fanart for this latest episode.

I have to imagine a Friends episode is going to happen. I'm still baffled by the fact that Friends is more of a '90s cultural touchstone among the public than The Simpsons, which was a major cultural phenomenon when it started. I understand that has a lot to do with the fact that Friends has been on Netflix for a long, long time and The Simpsons was very late to the streaming game, but still.

Normies love friends dude

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

normies love The Office too, i'm willing to bet there are bad Friends posts. the fact that Friends is a normie show and the Simpsons is a niche classic among meme shitposters is still hard for me to accept

can't wait for the Worst Posts of 2019 episode. as Twitter gets worse, so do the posts there

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So what's Geiger's SA username anyways?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fogelsang's terrible tweet was a breath of fresh air. Sometimes a tweet is bad not because it's an unhinged political take but simply because it's a terrible pun/joke.

Mordja posted:

So what's Geiger's SA username anyways?
Christian is the one with the SA account, not Geiger. Don't know his handle.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Christian is the one with the SA account, not Geiger. Don't know his handle.

incorrect

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Some advice for getting through this episode about Twitter history: no matter how embarrassing the stuff from up to 2015 all sounds, it's so much better than how the website is now. Rowdy Dad is no more embarrassing as front-facing camera video tweets where the "joke" is constantly repeating something, it's just that Hell Homer didn't get a sitcom writing deal out of it and his fall from grace was funnier than some schmuck digging up tweets from eight years ago.

I know for a fact that Markus J. was a goon. He got banned for airing his stupid drama in E/N Bullshit, right?

I'm surprised they didn't mention the We Rate Dogs/Dog Rater/whatever account's incident where they tweeted out a false name for a dog. When someone pointed out that its name was something in Arabic, they responded "we get better engagement for English-sounding names."

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 6, 2020

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

I'm surprised they didn't mention the We Rate Dogs/Dog Rater/whatever account's incident where they tweeted out a false name for a dog. When someone pointed out that its name was something in Arabic, they responded "we get better engagement for English-sounding names."
Ahahahahahahaha yesss

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I was expecting that Dog Rates thing as well.

The twitter episode was weird. It just sounded a bit smug.

edit: you know, more so than usual

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 9, 2020

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I will be very disappointed if any episodes going forward do not include a visit to Daily Diapers.

Edit: I am very disappointed by the lack of Sonic diapers. :sigh:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 24, 2020

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

jesus christ that sonic episode was something

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tears In A Vial posted:

jesus christ that sonic episode was something

Some of them have got to be joke posts, like that "it's not gay to gently caress sonic" hypothesis.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Mordja posted:

Some of them have got to be joke posts, like that "it's not gay to gently caress sonic" hypothesis.
It's a joke, but it's a truly insufferable one more than worthy of the show.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Fair

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
As a long time fan of stuff like The F Plus, I've got to say I really enjoy this podcast. It's more low-key less frenetic, but that's also a strong point in my opinion. I've listened to a dozen or so episodes so far and I don't think any of them have been bad.

Podcast good.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Twit or Twitn't might be the worst segment on any podcast and is also the best thing about this show.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

HoboTech posted:

As a long time fan of stuff like The F Plus, I've got to say I really enjoy this podcast. It's more low-key less frenetic, but that's also a strong point in my opinion. I've listened to a dozen or so episodes so far and I don't think any of them have been bad.

Podcast good.
This has a tone midway between F Plus and Cum Town that I dig.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Twit or Twitn't might be the worst segment on any podcast and is also the best thing about this show.
It makes me vocally say "oh god no" every time.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

i think i took a nap in the middle of the post about rand v marx and when i woke up it was still going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

i dunno if they reuploaded it or anything, but when I downloaded it, I thought it was very funny that for large portions of their feminism episode, the female host was largely inaudible.