Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Bloopsy posted:

So does the 2021 Sebring still take place in March?

Yes.

Petite->Sebring->Daytona->Sebring lol, poor teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cygni posted:

Yes.

58 hours of racing in 4 events, god that's gonna be brutal.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I heard safety cars keep the virus away so the answer is more safety cars. You're welcome.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
No better time to round up all the medical cars and see which one is the fastest

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

WindyMan posted:

No better time to round up all the medical rental cars and see which one is the fastest

:getin:

Man that stretch is going to be hell for some of the smaller teams’ budgets.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Well this blows. What the gently caress am I going to do with myself with no racing. I’m sure as hell not getting a job. I wonder if I could use these fifty thousand rolls of toilet paper as Armco barriers and construct my own track

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

an oddly awful oud posted:

Well this blows. What the gently caress am I going to do with myself with no racing. I’m sure as hell not getting a job. I wonder if I could use these fifty thousand rolls of toilet paper as Armco barriers and construct my own track

Race the different brands against each other by rolling them downhill.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Xisticide posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlzmaQbx8e4

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

an oddly awful oud posted:

I ended up ordering a new PC, wheels and pedals.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Xisticide posted:

Sorry I had Hermann Tilke design my TP GP and it’s all uphill from the start/finish line to corner 1. And Seb Vettel just crashed

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

In happier news, looks like Mugen have a sponsorship deal with Red Bull for their Super GT NSX for this season.

https://twitter.com/AUTOSPORT_web/status/1238308594522542080?s=20

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Cygni posted:

Yes.

Shoehorn Bathurst 12 hour in between Daytona and second Sebring for some of the drivers.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kilonum posted:

Shoehorn Bathurst 12 hour in between Daytona and second Sebring for some of the drivers.

The WEC calendar for 2020-21 is also official if you want to see how hectic it could get for some people across the winter.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Supercross is getting cancelled too :(

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Supercross is getting cancelled too :(

brb killing myself

Oh wait, MotoGP has a playlist of their 10 best races for free, maybe that will tide me over:

https://www.motogp.com/en/video_gallery/2020/03/13/top-10-races-of-all-time/328235

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

WindyMan posted:

brb killing myself

Oh wait, MotoGP has a playlist of their 10 best races for free, maybe that will tide me over:

https://www.motogp.com/en/video_gallery/2020/03/13/top-10-races-of-all-time/328235

Def check the 2018 Dutch GP from this list. Also, the '96 Spanish GP and '09 Catalan GP have 2 of the most batshit finishes you'll see to any kind of race.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Just checked to make sure Estoril 2006 was on that list, and hell it was

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

There are plenty of other fun 500cc era races that I'll try to throw up on the winter heat channel this weekend.

I wish the '00 250cc British GP was around in full, because that's an all time bugfuck crazy race.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 14, 2020

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

hunnert car pileup posted:

There are plenty of other fun 500cc era races that I'll try to throw up on the winter heat channel this weekend.

I wish the '00 250cc British GP was around in full, because that's an all time bugfuck crazy race.

I have the 00 250cc race. PM me and I'll get it to you.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

With so many events getting called off The Race youtube channel (the folks who used to stream SuperGT) is putting together an rFactor 2 race with some pretty big names:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpq9oMLTc-k

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

While everyone is unable to enjoy miscellaneous racing of the 4 wheel variety, how about some of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PiP_Z698x8

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

net work error posted:

With so many events getting called off The Race youtube channel (the folks who used to stream SuperGT) is putting together an rFactor 2 race with some pretty big names:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpq9oMLTc-k

The Race also has a website now that is a recommendation for me if you want F1, MotoGP, or Indy news. It's a slick website.

I'll also try to remember to put on this rFactor 2 race tonight, it's midnight Australian time Sunday night / 1 pm UK time.

also the Super GT testing is still underway at Okayama and the new GR Supra is looking mean in proper liveries:

https://twitter.com/TOYOTA_GR/status/1239015169511936000

[edit] oh hey The Race is run by Torque Esports, which is run by Darren Cox. Hmm.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 15, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Race is this year's name for Nismo TV/Let's Go Racing.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Sebring gets cancelled, everyone turns to fake internet racecars to pass the time

Goons: "gently caress yeah finally our time to shine"

(that's a 1-2 finish in the iRacing Sebring 12hr 14th split for the SA teams, first win in the special events in like 5 years of trying)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is a virtual race, they could choose any track in the world, and they've gone with...the Nurburgring GP circuit.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Should have used Bathurst, cowards

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

your friend wicka posted:

This is a virtual race, they could choose any track in the world, and they've gone with...the Nurburgring GP circuit.

They have like, 5 licenced tracks

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

your friend wicka posted:

Agreed

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

CactusWeasle posted:

They have like, 5 licenced tracks

All of which are better than Nurburgring GP, rF2 has Zandvoort for gently caress sake. Really I was more shocked that they'd use the crusty old Formula ISI car which hasn't been updated since around 2014 and sucked then as well.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

njsykora posted:

All of which are better than Nurburgring GP, rF2 has Zandvoort for gently caress sake. Really I was more shocked that they'd use the crusty old Formula ISI car which hasn't been updated since around 2014 and sucked then as well.

Call me cynical, but it's a DLC track and they were hoping people will want rF2 and then buy the track, too

The FISI (yes, a holdover from ISI) isnt as broke as gently caress as half their other content, half of which is DLC too

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's true, it sucks but at least it isn't as broken as the old F2 car in the game.

In the future people will run studies on how the hell rFactor 2 continued to exist past 2016.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Isle of Man TT has been cancelled

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Weird, they never seemed like the kind of event to be concerned about safety.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah, I thought about cracking a joke around those lines

They did cancel it in 2001 over a foot and mouth disease outbreak

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 16, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The UK government did actually take foot and mouth seriously though, which they're not doing here. Though they have said there won't be medical support available to events, which was probably the sign to the TT that they had to pull the plug.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

njsykora posted:

Though they have said there won't be medical support available to events, which was probably the sign to the TT that they had to pull the plug.

that's certainly a problem on a 38 mile street course

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/worldsbk/status/1239528524651941888?s=21

wish Gobert winning at Phillip Island on a loving Bimota was on here, but yay more free racing

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Holy smokes, the ACO delayed Le Mans from June until September 19th and 20th. Wow.

First time that Le Mans has been moved since 1968, when civil unrest meant it couldn’t be held in June.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Does this increase the likely hood of rain during the race? Because if so.... :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Custard Undies posted:

Does this increase the likely hood of rain during the race? Because if so.... :flashfap:

It certainly increases the likelihood of darkness

ed-

vs.

WindyMan fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 19, 2020