Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I couldn't finish this last episode. By the time it got to the clips of Arlen Specter I was too pissed off to continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Unfinish3d posted:

I couldn't finish this last episode. By the time it got to the clips of Arlen Specter I was too pissed off to continue

This happens to me a lot with the Dollops about stuff that I actually remember happening. :smithicide:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's really telling when you see back then how the Dems used actual power. For a long time they controlled Congress even without controlling the WH and yet they allowed people like Thomas to get lifetime appointments for the SC. The man was incredibly unqualified, which is bad enough before you bring in the constant sexual harassment.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
"Nah, it's all good. We're gonna get political capital to cash in in the future?
"

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Waiting for Dave's inevitable aneurysm

https://twitter.com/DebraMessing/status/1235715646794670080

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle shows just got canceled due to the governor's issuance of no more than 250 people can gather at a time :rip:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea the world can eat a nuke I am ready to embrace death lol.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I like Bert Kreischer but gently caress he sucks on this episode.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol always good to book a bull in a china shop. Maybe next they can get Jeff Garlin.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad other people had issues with the episode. I kept tuning out of it in boredom.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Bert had some funny bits but yeah most of his jokes seemed to not land at all. Maybe he was a bad fit for the audience The Dollop has cultivated.

100% honey makin' situation!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I mean, is there anything to Bert Kreischer beyond his "I am the machine" story?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I can't believe there wasn't a single Star Trek TNG joke in that whole episode.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Finishing that episode was tough. And even aside from Brent that story didn't sound that crazy or out there like most Dollops.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dave deleted a retweet he made of a girl who said “this episode is the best Bert is so funny!” Lmao

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm still going through all the back catalog episodes (116 left!) and the next one up on my playlist is #241 The Two Indigenous Actors and their guest is Bert.
What great timing!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm still going through all the back catalog episodes (116 left!) and the next one up on my playlist is #241 The Two Indigenous Actors and their guest is Bert.
What great timing!

I don't recall directly, but I think he was pretty funny on that episode.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Binowru posted:

I mean, is there anything to Bert Kreischer beyond his "I am the machine" story?

Tom Segura stabbed him

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If you need an episode that's worthy of a re-listen my vote goes for the Reg Spiers episode.

https://soundcloud.com/the-dollop/113-reg-spiers-live

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

We Know Catheters posted:

Tom Segura stabbed him

My quick googling just came up with people calling him a psycho. Is any of the stabbing or psycho stuff real? I seem to have unsubscribed from all the podcasts those guys appear on.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Snowy posted:

My quick googling just came up with people calling him a psycho. Is any of the stabbing or psycho stuff real? I seem to have unsubscribed from all the podcasts those guys appear on.

He's definitely a psycho and totally stabbed him.

His netflix special is out pretty soon too cause Netflix totally just puts up attempted murderers on their platform.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I don't recall directly, but I think he was pretty funny on that episode.

He was way better on this one. Nothing I could say I directly recall laughing at due to him but he wasn't interrupting, laughing (longly) or sidetracking.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ohhh bert kreischer is the quicksand fetish guy. i forgot

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Snowy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDNfKSp_4SI

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Colorado Labor War episode abruptly ends.

Is there a full version somewhere else?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Binowru posted:

I'm kinda partial to "Something's Burning" on Youtube but it might mostly be the guests. I'm not even that familiar with Bert's comedy but I do enjoy the "inside comedy" discussions he gets into sometimes. Also, there is a super long Bertcast with Dave and Gareth which I enjoyed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRB0pkTlzJ0

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anew live ep with Bill Corrbet. I always liked Bill. I will admit that I might try to picture him as Crow if he sounds close at all.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Jesus Christ, I just listened to the Jack Parsons episode :wtf:

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

gotta love an episode where l. ron hubbard is relegated to only a supporting character.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

The Glumslinger posted:

Jesus Christ, I just listened to the Jack Parsons episode :wtf:

Behind the Bastards just recently did an episode on Jack Parsons as well, and it was every bit as :wtf: - it focused heavily on the period where L. Ron Hubbard was involved, so glossed over a lot of the "Then Jack blew some poo poo up" segments of his life to focus on the "Then Jack masturbated in the desert to summon a sex goddess" segments in even more gloriously hosed-up detail than The Dollop did

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I think both fail to mention that his self-immolation in the end was actually part of a ritual to summon a specific goddess. Maybe he succeeded, who knows...

e: I first heard about him reading Apocalypse Culture by Adam Parfrey, just mentioning it in case someone is looking for appropriate reading material during these times.

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 14, 2020

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So as a way to brush up on my Spanish, I've been listening to the EL Dollop episodes and so far, they're pretty good.

The two hosts have a show that is the Mexican version of Last Podcast on the Left, only not as annoying. Jose Antonio, the storyteller of Leyendas Legendarias is a Satanist, but doesn't wear it on his sleeve like Henry on Last Podcast does.

Anyway, the hosts have a decent chemistry. Eduardo Espinoza looks like Dave Anthony's little brother and Jose Antonio's reactions to the stories are pretty great like Gareth's, but without the impressions. They do make a lot of American pop cultural references, but not enough to ruin the show.

So far, they've done the greatest hits (Hugh Glass, Action Park, The Dolphin, Radium Girls), but they don't make that many political statements. They do make snide comments on Mexican politics. Apparently the working conditions and Amusement Park safety standards of the US in the past are the same as they are now in Mexico.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Behind the Bastards just recently did an episode on Jack Parsons as well, and it was every bit as :wtf: - it focused heavily on the period where L. Ron Hubbard was involved, so glossed over a lot of the "Then Jack blew some poo poo up" segments of his life to focus on the "Then Jack masturbated in the desert to summon a sex goddess" segments in even more gloriously hosed-up detail than The Dollop did

i am surprised they didnt talk about the chest with pictures of his mom and animals. like the dollop one did.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am surprised they didnt talk about the chest with pictures of his mom and animals. like the dollop one did.

That particular fact seems to have only showed up in a single source so I think it’s probably bullshit. Dave even pointed out in the ep that he found out about the pictures that morning, meaning he probably didn’t vet it properly.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
wow, they finally did joe hill, hope they mention billy bragg eating his ashes

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was in stitches with God After Dark

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
God After Dark might be the best riff from a Dollop in the last 12 months, it was so loving good

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/abc7johngregory/status/1262011088998035456?s=19

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I think it's hilarious how they don't even bother to copy/paste the same podcast description between the regular feed and the ad-free feed. For example, on the latest episode, Jordan Goudreau vs Venezuela.

Regular feed: "Comedians Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds examine the May 3, 2020 invasion of Venezuela by a couple dozen bros."

Ad-free: "Guy does a thing to a country."

The Anti-Masons: "Men get mad at men."

Wobbly Joe Hill: "He wobbled."

e: There's some locusts.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Now seems like a good time to re-listen to the Fred Hampton episode.