Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Another one that would fit right in with that group is The Driller Killer.

I watched Driller Killer when I was about 13, and my spongey teenage brain found it kind of slow and plodding. I'll have to revisit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I watched Driller Killer when I was about 13, and my spongey teenage brain found it kind of slow and plodding. I'll have to revisit it

It features the most disgusting pizza ever put to film

Franchescanado posted:

And/Or The Addiction.

I need to watch this in the next week or so before my STARZ subscription runs out.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I need to watch this in the next week or so before my STARZ subscription runs out.

Oh you really should make it a priority. It's weirdly like an in-between film to Ms. 45 and Ferrara's Body Snatchers (which is also really good).

It's not that gory or violent overall, but it's one of the more disturbing portrayals of vampirism I've seen. I need to rewatch it, because there's a lot to unpack.

edit: Arrow has a really awesome special edition 4k, and I'm really tempted to grab this. I bet it looks amazing.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 12, 2020

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Driller Killer is my fav Ferrara bc I love crust (theres a great crust punk band named after the movie) but I think the Addiction is his best film

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

New York style baybeeee

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
VFW was cute. Like a low budget silly Carpenter rip off. Fun but nothing spectacular.

Invisible Man was one of the best jump scares I've ever seen. As in the entire movie was one long jump scare and it worked.

The Lodge was maybe the most nihilistic movie I've ever seen? In contention with The Mist

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

AKZ posted:

New York style baybeeee

I was wondering if it was really bad that I thought that looked like a tasty slice. If you're ever up in the Bronx near West Farms, check out Tremont Pizza, best slice in the city. That street also had the best bodega burger in the city too (Murder burger) but they closed down unfortunately

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Megasabin posted:

The Lodge was maybe the most nihilistic movie I've ever seen? In contention with The Mist

Never seen Lars Von Triers's Anti-Christ, huh? Or Salo: 120 Days of Sodom? Irreversible?

The Lodge ruled. Unusually bleak film. Even better that it's a Hammer film, and it's in many ways the most "Hammer-esque" film they've done since...Really can't think of anything they've done besides the lackluster The Woman In Black.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 12, 2020

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I was wondering if it was really bad that I thought that looked like a tasty slice. If you're ever up in the Bronx near West Farms, check out Tremont Pizza, best slice in the city. That street also had the best bodega burger in the city too (Murder burger) but they closed down unfortunately

When you watch the scene, you won't think so.

The Driller Killer has two scenes of food horror that are legit gross. The Pizza Scene and the Big Mac & Beer scene. Ugh.

It also has one of the most awesomely obnoxious punk bands ever, and I love them.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

AKZ posted:

New York style baybeeee

I'm a transplant living in Buffalo.

The pizza up here is an abomination and the hospitality is non-existent.

Just look at David Lynch. Look at him. American existential horror was born out of the rust belt for good reason.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, the directors of Ready Or Not, are directing Scream 5.

There are no details on whether or not the plot will involve Sidney or other returning character, or if it will be a new beginning for the franchise.

Kevin Williamson is EP.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That’s loving crazy, Matt was one of my first really close friends when I moved to LA. It’s awesome watching that dude shine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

COOL CORN posted:

That podcast would be so much better without Henry

:nono:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

If you lost Henry it would just be Ben struggling to read and Marcus making music podcasts.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AKZ posted:

If you lost Henry it would just be Ben struggling to read and Marcus making music podcasts.

But my ear drums would be intact and I wouldn't have to adjust the volume every 30 seconds.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

AKZ posted:

I’ve thought about making a LPOTL/general spooky podcast thread in RGD but I’m too drat lazy to make an OP and I’m not sure how popular the show is around here.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1238204864703930368?s=20

quote:

...from 6PM to midnight, Syfy transforms into “Camp Crystal Lake’s Public Access Channel,” featuring quirky in-world commercials, camp counselor recruitment videos, PSAs, favorite movie moments and more!

I don't have cable but this sounds pretty awesome.

Drunkboxer posted:

I’ve thought about making a LPOTL/general spooky podcast thread in RGD but I’m too drat lazy to make an OP and I’m not sure how popular the show is around here.

It's pretty popular on SA. Or it was, at least. I feel like there was a LPotL thread for years, but I can't find it even with archives.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

What an absolute waste of time.

Syfy has been hostile to the idea of quality content for awhile now.

This is just the last nail in a long-overdue coffin for me.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1238204864703930368?s=20

I don't have cable but this sounds pretty awesome.

It's pretty popular on SA. Or it was, at least. I feel like there was a LPotL thread for years, but I can't find it even with archives.

I don’t think there was. I’ve been listening since ‘14 and I check RGD a bunch. Maybe it was in GBS.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Why you gotta be so mean to Jason? He’s a nice boy.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Now you're just trying too hard.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Now you're just trying too hard.

his gimmick is worse than mine

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Franchescanado posted:

Never seen Lars Von Triers's Anti-Christ, huh? Or Salo: 120 Days of Sodom? Irreversible?

The Lodge ruled. Unusually bleak film. Even better that it's a Hammer film, and it's in many ways the most "Hammer-esque" film they've done since...Really can't think of anything they've done besides the lackluster The Woman In Black.

Let Me In was a Hammer.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

and a drat fine one at that

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

But my ear drums would be intact and I wouldn't have to adjust the volume every 30 seconds.

Dang, you must have sensitive ears. I've never had that issue. Sound quality wise I've heard way worse podcasts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This sounds extremely cool. All the goofy fan stuff was some of my favorite aspects of the Friday the 13th game.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Silver Bullet doesn't get enough love in this thread and I'm fighting mad about it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Drunkboxer posted:

Franchescanado posted:

I'd definitely subscribe to that thread. I've been listening to LPOTL for years, but yeah, I also didn't know whether or not there was a thread for it.

It would help remind me when new episodes go up because since they're on Spotify now, my podcast app is no longer able to retrieve their episodes and I have to remember when to go look for them on Spotify :argh:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Well, Horror Hound is postponed until May.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Guess I'm not seeing AQP2 with my wife for our anniversary since it's been delayed indefinitely.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

well ig there are some plus sides to this virus

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Hollismason posted:

Silver Bullet doesn't get enough love in this thread and I'm fighting mad about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8apsvGm80

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Basebf555 posted:

Because New York pizza's pretty much greasy cardboard with barely flavored ketchup. Chicago pizza is the best pizza.

Hollismason posted:

I consider it one of the essential viewing for werewolf films. And here's a cast shot at the dining table.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TOOT BOOT posted:

Guess I'm not seeing AQP2 with my wife for our anniversary since it's been delayed indefinitely.
I'm bummed about not being able to see this :smith:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

AQP is the most polarizing movie in a long time. Half the people (the ones who, I imagine, saw it in a packed, silent theater) think it's just the best, but I showed it to a group of friends in their drunken living rooms and they all but threw popcorn at the screen because of how dumb they found it. I can see how a sequel could be pre-divisive.

I also just saw The Sand (2015), which was perfectly acceptable one-location killer monster movie. Could've done with a little more practical gore, but it certainly got the job done in terms of being silly-yet-serious.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Shrecknet posted:

I also just saw The Sand (2015), which was perfectly acceptable one-location killer monster movie. Could've done with a little more practical gore, but it certainly got the job done in terms of being silly-yet-serious.

I consider it a 'inspired by' Blood Beach.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

M_Sinistrari posted:

I consider it a 'inspired by' Blood Beach.

god bless wikipedia authors and a "neutral point of view"
Also, I only watched The Sand because it was a tossup between that or Vampire Slaughter: Eaten Alive, and while that title is loving phenomenal, as it turns out...

quote:

With almost no framing mechanism to explain it, this clip-show greatest hits collection is almost unwatchable. It isn't helped that several of the actors (and makeup effects gags) are regulars, though in wholly different roles/films. Thus, an incongruous, distressing mass of scenes that flow together just enough for an overtaxed brain to try and stitch them into a single narrative, only to hit a loving wall and give up halfway in.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 13, 2020

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Also Antlers and The New Mutants.

I was planning to see all three. :(

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

I randomly found this on my desktop in a folder named horror. I am not sure why I have this specific clip saved to my computer. Probably posted this in the old thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what movie