Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

It's movie time!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgPsYWyZCgc

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MT BTL 3.0 is amazing

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

When LaRue brought out the fake Mark, for more than a second I thought it was Rob Corrdry.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
After binge watching to season 7 (including 2 series of Decker and all the Oscar specials in order), I've found myself greeting customers at work with a "hey guys" and I hate myself for it

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I, Butthole posted:

After binge watching to season 7 (including 2 series of Decker and all the Oscar specials in order), I've found myself greeting customers at work with a "hey guys" and I hate myself for it

Same but it doesn't seem to help my Germ-X sales I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help me father Tim!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I just watched Mister America. It’s great and we definitely have a rat problem.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Maybe I'm a bit biased because this was the first Oscar special since I started watching on cinema, but I think this year's was incredible. I can't stop watching Greggs's entrance. Watching Tim try not to break while Gregg is moving the car back and forth incessantly honking the horn, the joker outfit, it's all too much.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

cohsae posted:

Maybe I'm a bit biased because this was the first Oscar special since I started watching on cinema, but I think this year's was incredible. I can't stop watching Greggs's entrance. Watching Tim try not to break while Gregg is moving the car back and forth incessantly honking the horn, the joker outfit, it's all too much.

I’ve watched the previous 2 specials and this one is by far my favourite. It’s truly inspired at times. The Joker strikes again!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The one where Tim put up his phone number and asked Ayaka to call him was really good.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

TTBF posted:

The one where Tim put up his phone number and asked Ayaka to call him was really good.

Also included the introduction of James Dean which even after DvD I can't bring myself to believe he was entirely let in on the joke.

E: watching special 4 now. Tim throwing Chaplin's subs and chowder at the Ant-Heads during the Oscar Olympics as behind the scenes photos of The Hobbit fade in and out is amazing.

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 9, 2020

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I, Butthole posted:

Also included the introduction of James Dean which even after DvD I can't bring myself to believe he was entirely let in on the joke.

The James Dean actor was in an early episode of Awesome Show (he was one of the old men who they try to replace the show's staff with) so I think he was probably familiar with the vibe Tim was going for. He was also in the really good 2005 black and white adaptation of The Call of Cthulhu so he's also had experience with being involved with reality-altering madness.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

One of Tim's unaccountable knacks is finding weird old men to act in his skits

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Chairman Capone posted:

The James Dean actor was in an early episode of Awesome Show (he was one of the old men who they try to replace the show's staff with) so I think he was probably familiar with the vibe Tim was going for. He was also in the really good 2005 black and white adaptation of The Call of Cthulhu so he's also had experience with being involved with reality-altering madness.

I didn't realise that, and I'll take any excuse to go rewatch Awesome Show. When Tim got really up in his face he just immediately shrunk in fear and it made me feel suuuuuper uncomfortable, but it's just a five bagger performance.

Just got to the "it's been...(barenakded ladies voice) IT'S BEEN" part in Oscar Special 4 and had to take a break from laughing so much.

E: oh no tom cruise jr

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 9, 2020

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

I didn't realise that, and I'll take any excuse to go rewatch Awesome Show. When Tim got really up in his face he just immediately shrunk in fear and it made me feel suuuuuper uncomfortable, but it's just a five bagger performance.

Just got to the "it's been...(barenakded ladies voice) IT'S BEEN" part in Oscar Special 4 and had to take a break from laughing so much.

E: oh no tom cruise jr

tc jr. is one of the greatest heights in comedy history. few could hope to have such a legacy

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's BEEN is the funniest thing I've ever heard

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I just watched it again. How the hell did I not remember naked TCH Jr. fading in over Tim's face for a brief moment as Tim talked about it being good and healthy?

Obviously I was laughing too hard to notice but holy poo poo that just made the whole thing even better.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The editing and fade-outs in the specials are 100% perfect.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
How is it that I've procrastinated watching Andrei Rublev for a year now because it's 4 hours long but I'm super hyped to get stuck into The Trial

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I just had a daughter and I've decided that my late night feedings and care shifts will consist of me watching the entirety of the On Cinema universe.

I'm at the second Oscar special now - I understand it gets completely bonkers from here beyond what I can imagine but it's so fantastic already. The WC Fields impersonator is just :discourse: and whenever that stupid loving Hobbit pic is thrown up randomly I choke laughing. Please tell me that continues to make appearances forever

SgtScruffy fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 11, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You have so little to worry about

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Oh my god "if your daughter was alive today, what would you say to her?"

Tim: "objection speculative"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Can't believe how often I get the songs from this show stuck in my head. I have a terminal case of the Oscar Fever ™

As if Empty Bottle wasn't catchy enough, it keeps mutating and growing with deep lyrics from the incredibly talented Roy LaRue.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Do you think one of Tim's many products will protect from COVID 19

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Do you think one of Tim's many products will protect from COVID 19

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

watching this trump address, i didn't realize how much he sounds like Tim when he's reading from the page. exact same mannerisms and like methods of recovery from fuckups

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

im sure a lot of people already realized that but i try to avoid watching trump

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tim’s oblique portrayal of Trump is way better than every single direct impression I’ve ever seen

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah i think it started as an impression of magical thinking, arrogance and entitlement. Oh, and bad hair.

Donald Trump is just the physical manifestation of all those ideas.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know that he's going for Seagal with Decker, but the faces he makes are spot on Trump.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Yeah on cinema is the only great trump era satire. But the t&e dna is largely satirizing losers and hucksters and how trying to make it big makes most people look like doughy sad clowns so it makes sense

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The way Tim can talk like a confused idiot and make it seem totally realistic is really impressive.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1238590576175362050?s=19

If I get quarantined, I'm watching the Oh God trilogy.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Dracula Factory posted:

The way Tim can talk like a confused idiot and make it seem totally realistic is really impressive.

His standup was also really impressive for this, like stuttering and flubbing his lines more naturally than seems possible. I can't remember where I read it, but I believe he does it so successfully in Decker by having someone hold up the script just off camera, so he can barely read it.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

His standup was also really impressive for this, like stuttering and flubbing his lines more naturally than seems possible. I can't remember where I read it, but I believe he does it so successfully in Decker by having someone hold up the script just off camera, so he can barely read it.

I recently watched some videos on his channel of a standup set revolving around soda. It looks like he did the same routine like 5 nights in a row at the same club. They're loving great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKtvMkIPvFw

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I choose to believe that stand-up Tim is the same as On Cinema Tim, I think they line up well enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

They're definitely drawing from the same general persona of a blustery rear end in a top hat who's overconfident in his skills.