Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

my dumb rear end was saying i'd be attending the ncaa first round like two pages ago, naturally. not so much any more

what am i gonna watch on tv though???? clearly i am the real victim here

e :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1238172454465556482?s=19

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

well..... then they haven't suspended their sports program

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

did they suspend it for a week?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Wait, if the tourney is canceled, does that make Kansas de facto champs?

https://twitter.com/AlexGold/status/1238178582209404932/photo/1

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Kansas "We are pulling out of the Tourney"

NCAA "The Tournament is still continuing"

Kansas "Sorry, my friend had my phone, see you there."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Toodles.

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/1238197460620763136?s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Also all spring sports it sounds like. Which I guess is obvious if they're canceling their biggest money maker.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t believe the extent the world went to stop Dayton from winning.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Congrats to the 2020 Men’s Basketball champs Rutgers we never doubted you for a second.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t believe the extent the world went to stop Dayton from winning.

I just discovered Dayton lost a national championship game in the 60s wondering if this was their best team ever.

So...still maybe? Record's better this year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Guess I have to wait until 2030 for the next first round exit for Penn State.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
On the bright side here Duke didn't make the NCAA tournament for the second time in 36 years.

Honestly surprised it's the second time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Congrats to the San Diego State Aztecs 2020 Piggly Wiggly Title

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Make the schools play the tournament out in NBA Jam.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Can they at least still hold Selection Sunday

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
MICHIGAN WINS THE 2020 NATIONAL TITLE

THE BLOCK WAS STILL loving CLEAN

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

due to concerns about the pandemic, northwestern declines to participate in this year's ncaa tournament.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

R.D. Mangles posted:

due to concerns about the pandemic, northwestern declines to participate in this year's ncaa tournament.

A bold move.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So how does the NCAA make up a billion dollar budget shortfall?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Elephanthead posted:

Apparently they had a rainy day fund to absorb having to cancel the tournament.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Elephanthead posted:

by continuing to spend $0 on labor

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Who won the last game to be played this year? Feels like they should be national champs.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
But really folks, let's celebrate the actual winners of the NCAA tourney, we need who it really is, that's right::

The University of California Irvine loving Anteaters, hell yeah.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kirios posted:

Who won the last game to be played this year? Feels like they should be national champs.

Arkansas’ game last night finished at like 1130 eastern, unsure what all else got played yesterday

Could also say St Johns was in the lead when that game got cancelled

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kirios posted:

St Johns won the last half?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Feels like they should at least give us a bracket so we have something to bitch about generally and also to see how bad they would have hosed over Dayton.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

elentar posted:

Feels like they should at least give us a bracket so we have something to bitch about generally and also to see how bad they would have hosed over Dayton.

Dayton and SDSU in the same region so only one could theoretically make it to the final four

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

vcu, who definitely would’ve won an at-large bid after going on a tear in the a-10 tourney that didn’t happen, would probably have gone on a cinderella run after our threes starting falling again

2020 elite eight appearance, eliminated by sdsu

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kansas definitely would've won it all instead of get its rear end kicked in the Sweet Sixteen by some random team that Self refused to defend from the perimeter.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Grittybeard posted:

On the bright side here Duke didn't make the NCAA tournament for the second time in 36 years.

Honestly surprised it's the second time.
There was the season they sucked so he suddenly required back surgery and didn’t take the Ls.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Still kinda surreal. Not just the tournament but all the other stuff going on too. Sucks for Dayton and SDSU, and other teams like that that aren't at this level every year. But man did Roy get bailed out.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I really thought the "teams, staff and family" approach was going to work decently enough, but having one and then another NBA player test positive was enough to realize that, yeah, this can't be done.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia came within a game of winning the ACC in a rebuilding year. Next year they will be rebuilt.
https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1238212497376714752

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If Gonzaga returns everyone that will be the best team I've ever seen from them. They would have to be favorites.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

If Gonzaga returns everyone that will be the best team I've ever seen from them. They would have to be favorites.

They bring a lot back unless some players leave early but 3 of their top 6 guys were seniors. Including Tillie who I think was their best player when he was healthy. They tend to reload pretty well though, and they have their best recruit ever coming in so that plus Krispert/Petrusev/Ayayi should be a title caliber team.

Iowa overachieved this year but I feel really good about next season. Garza may not ever play like he did at his peak this year again but if he comes back, surrounding him with a healthy Bohannon, Weiskamp (who hopefully remembers how to shoot over the course of the off-season, his slump killed us down the stretch) and Frederick should be a pretty killer offense.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 13, 2020

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State would’ve won this year because of the unstoppable force of The Narrative re: Cassius Winston

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Gonna be a one-two punch of Kansas having a possibly champion team (I mean, eh, we can't hit enough three pointers, but whatever) get thwarted by coronavirus to sanctions next year, and I should be my saltiest but much like this year I'll probably just be more worried about other stuff.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Can I reasonably get my money back for the $10 throwaway bet I made on Purdue winning the title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

You should cash out, who's to say they didn't?