Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

This is the best COD since MW2/Blops1.

then again the last COD I played beyond any free betas was infinite warfare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

My main concern is the advantage you get from rooftops- they should make the parachute a tactical or something so that that isn’t always the best place to be

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Laserface posted:

This is the best COD since MW2/Blops1.

then again the last COD I played beyond any free betas was infinite warfare.

Blops 3 and IW were great, but the sheer number of UI and backend bugs really made them a shitshow any time you weren't actually playing, and dogshit ticrate/server issues of shooting first, hitting first, and still dying first ruined a lot of that, too.

Blops 1 was the last CoD where you could play east coast versus west coast and it would still be playable for both sides.
gently caress Hawaii though.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Had a game tonight that ended in the woods on the west edge of the map, just a complete open free for all. The circle isn't really a factor to me so far except in that case on account of the map being so vastly oversized

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I’m having voice chat issues on Xbox. My brother and I can’t hear each other in game chat, only Xbox live party. In our last game our random team mate could hear both of us but we couldn’t hear each other. He’s west coast and I’m east coast and it was laggy tonight so may be a connection issue.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did anyone figure out the Warzone keypad mystery yet

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well I got my first W with my buddies, which was something that took about 4 months with blackout. A significant improvement.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I got 4 kills in a game on PS4 earlier which felt pretty great. It seems like the etiquette in this game is to thirst with wild abandon? Currently installing on my older PC to see if I can play with kb+m.

GRMN
Oct 15, 2015
Whats the Discord to play with people? I am on PC at GRMN#1475

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Won a game today with 2 randos, ended up with 11 kills including the final which was a semtex chuck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_zS7Yn-IFg

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Friend convinced me to download the game, anything to know going in, any pros or cons or concerns from those who played? loadout complaints I see any deal breaker or not really for release day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ran into some equipment bugs tonight. My picked up field upgrades were just giving me "upgrade not ready" messages when I tried to use them in a round lol. Then in another round I threw down a couple of bouncing bettys and guys were just running over them repeatedly without triggering.

Also really hope they do something about the team scoreboard. There's no way afaik to view it in game. After the game is over it plays unskippable XP animations for 30 seconds straight and the host usually quits before I can see it unless I ask them to wait, the after action report appears to be totally broken so I can't look at it there. Also if you get second place you can't even look at it because it immediatly plays the in memoriam sequence. I just want to see how much damage I did.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Helicopters always show up on the mini map so they’re really good bait. My group parked a helo behind the structure we were hiding in and a group rolled up in a Jeep and ran to the helicopter and we mowed them down. It was perfect.

Also as of now I’m running overkill so I can run a sniper/rifle setup. I’m using the AK with 40 round mags. Those extra few bullets have meant I’ve won a number of engagements just cause my aim wasn’t great and they had full armor. It also has helped when you have a couple guys lined up and just need a few extra bullets to get that double kill.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Overkill seems like a waste of a perk because either you, a teammate or an enemy has already dropped another gun that you’d want for a 2 gun set up at the crate.

I’m really enjoying the blue p90, and purple bizon, but the MP5 seems like it’s modded for the worst recoil possible. Most of the ARs feel fine, but the Scoped FAL seems out of place. I hate the MG34, it always fails me but I’ve had food success with the rare PKMs. Sniping doesn’t feel amazing to me, it seems like I can’t tell where the bullet is going. Almost like the opposite of PUBG, where you could only see regular guns kick up dust but the sniper rifles you could actually see the bullet flying.

I’m loving using my Oden from the drops. I have a laser on it and it destroys people at anything but the longest ranges.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The scoped FAL is really good if you don’t treat it as an AR.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I've just been going with my Kilo wz loadout. I forget what my perks and attachments are but it has very low recoil and just lasers the headshots. That plus a looted SMG or sniper, depending how spicy I feel.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The scoped FAL is really good if you don’t treat it as an AR.

The problem is it shares ammo with ARs. So if you want to run the FAL it would be wise to not run an AR in the other slot.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Plunder XP rates are insane. I popped 25 levels in like, 6/7 games.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Is anyone running m+kb on console? Thinking about moving my PS4 to my desk but I don't want to bother if it doesn't work very well or something.

Edit: some light googling says bad input lag and performance issues so I'm not gonna bother

prom candy fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 13, 2020

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

jerman999 posted:

I’m having voice chat issues on Xbox. My brother and I can’t hear each other in game chat, only Xbox live party. In our last game our random team mate could hear both of us but we couldn’t hear each other. He’s west coast and I’m east coast and it was laggy tonight so may be a connection issue.

I'm in Chicago and XBL was fucky all night. Same issues you had. Couldn't even load the store. XBL said everything was fine but it most definitely was not.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

veni veni veni posted:

Also really hope they do something about the team scoreboard. There's no way afaik to view it in game. After the game is over it plays unskippable XP animations for 30 seconds straight and the host usually quits before I can see it unless I ask them to wait, the after action report appears to be totally broken so I can't look at it there. Also if you get second place you can't even look at it because it immediatly plays the in memoriam sequence. I just want to see how much damage I did.

I believe you can look at a scoreboard by hitting the map button and hitting R1. It might also be the options button but it is definitely in there.

jerman999 posted:

I was also having these problems playing crossplay with xbox people. We eventually got it working by repeatedly disabling/reenabling the voice chat in the sound menu.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I want to like Plunder, the idea is fun. But, extracting the money is pretty impossible near the helipads. Those places are bloodbaths. My pubbie teammates just love assaulting the same spot over and over and over. God forbid we drive to a far-away helipad and try it there, or try one of those balloon things.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

henpod posted:

I want to like Plunder, the idea is fun. But, extracting the money is pretty impossible near the helipads. Those places are bloodbaths. My pubbie teammates just love assaulting the same spot over and over and over. God forbid we drive to a far-away helipad and try it there, or try one of those balloon things.

Plunder requires way more team work than Battle Royale and I won't run Plunder with randoms again.

At least two team members running balloons is enough to ignore helipads unless you are going for kills and loot stealing.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

henpod posted:

Buy a balloon and never worry about cash extraction again.
Alternatively, wait for another team to call in the helicopter, kill them, and load up your + their money in the chopper.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Plunder is like all the worst parts of a battle royale with non of the good. I don't get it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Skyarb posted:

Plunder is like all the worst parts of a battle royale with non of the good. I don't get it.

The worst part of any battle royale is spending 20 minutes opening boxes and then dying in 2 seconds to someone you didn’t even see, and then having to start the whole process over.

Plunder eliminates that so it’s already the better game mode.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

RCarr posted:

The worst part of any battle royale is spending 20 minutes opening boxes and then dying in 2 seconds to someone you didn’t even see, and then having to start the whole process over.

this is why i could never really get excited for solos in BR modes

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Your job is to get enough loot to kill people and then take whatever they’ve looted. Not run around every building at full speed for 20 minutes and wonder why you got spotted and killed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I enjoyed solo BR when pubg was brand new to me and it was super tense and I was just dorking around pretending to be solid snake. Now I’d sooner just stare at a blank wall than play without a team or even with Pubbies for that matter. Full squad of bros or bust.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
BR works best as something to do while you're chatting with your buds, it's like the palace chat of a new generation

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The game is working again finally.

Now I'm just mad about how much I suck.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

soggybagel posted:

Helicopters always show up on the mini map so they’re really good bait. My group parked a helo behind the structure we were hiding in and a group rolled up in a Jeep and ran to the helicopter and we mowed them down. It was perfect.

Also as of now I’m running overkill so I can run a sniper/rifle setup. I’m using the AK with 40 round mags. Those extra few bullets have meant I’ve won a number of engagements just cause my aim wasn’t great and they had full armor. It also has helped when you have a couple guys lined up and just need a few extra bullets to get that double kill.

I ran overkill once, then switched to high alert. Seems easier to chance on a sniper than an AR with exmags and good attachments. High alert is almost OP in warzone, it's basically a free warning that someone is nearby and has eyes on you.

The mode is starting to grow on me, and I've just been playing with randoms. Best I've done is down to 6th place.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Grind is such a fun mode.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Absolute best part of the game is that I still have green dots on both barracks and weapons, while when I open barracks there is no indicator where the new item is (always identity) and it's nowhere to be found at all once I open weapons

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
you gotta click through every weapon and hover over gunsmith to find em. it sucks but i did it to kill the horrible green dot

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i've succumb to the perpetual green dot. i am now a slave to it's siren song of cycling through every gun to clear it only for it to pop right back up after i get a single kill with a random poo poo gun that I've never used before during warzone double weapon xp

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Black ops 4 had the good sense of including a 'clear all new item markers' switch. Except for the trinkets on the reaper.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Infinity Ward said they were working on a "mark all as seen button" two months ago, but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Is there a group or discord for ps4? I'm joe124013 if anyone wants to add me. Be warned though I suck 9/10 games, where I'll inexplicably be average for one.