Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My Costco looked like a tornado hit it. The line was up to the clothing section when I got there but luckily they got it under control by the time I was ready to check out.

The door greeters greeted every customer with an exhausted "no water, toilet paper, and paper towels" abandoned carts littered the store and empty boxes weren't cleared out, I think it was all hands on deck at the front lines.

The frozen section was ravaged, but there was plenty of fresh produce.

I grabbed some produce, corned beef and potatoes, some body wash, a hot dog, and got the gently caress out of there. Still spent a hundred loving dollars because it's Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The first person I saw when pulling into the parking lot had 12 bags of dog food

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Renegret posted:

The first person I saw when pulling into the parking lot had 12 bags of dog food
poo poo. I only bought 1. My dog is going to starve.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The dog food is very good though. For dogs, I personally have not tasted. My dog gets pukey with some foods, and I like to feed limited grain. The grain free from Costco has my dog kept in shiny coat and reasonable poops.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Well, it's an hour to closing, let's see what Google says...

I'm leaning toward no.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Y'all! It's wild out there. Some of the racks above the floor at ours were empty. you guys didn't prepare me for that! What are we going to do when Costco runs out of food?

Also cashed in my Citi rewards certificate and drat near cleaned out the till. Feels good man.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Renegret posted:

Day 475 of the Roni plague and you're going to wish you had kibble for dinner

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

StormDrain posted:

What are we going to do when Costco runs out of food?

we are going to die

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

At least now we know all of the preppers who planned on bunkering down in the 'co during an apocalyptic crisis are dumb as gently caress. Church is going to be the first place that gets raided.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Checkout line was out to where the paper towels used to be. All foodstuffs were either gone or low stock. Clothing was fine. One of the funnier things that was low/out of stock was computer monitors. Everyone gearing up to work from home

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Well, I showed up just before 8 and... it wasn't bad at all. There were barely any carts at the entrance, but it turns out that was because there were giant stacks of them in the store as people abandoned them. I had to move a bunch of empty boxes to the side and step into a freezer to reach a bag of chicken nuggets, but otherwise not bad. When I got in line, there were only two people in front of me (including the person currently being checked out). The line was back to the bay doors earlier though according to the cashier.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The Urban Star jeans are crazy. They are SUPER stretchy. Like, I had no idea jeans could stretch that much. It's crazy. They are super comfortable and fit great as well.

Excellent friend!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Suspect Bucket posted:

The dog food is very good though. For dogs, I personally have not tasted. My dog gets pukey with some foods, and I like to feed limited grain. The grain free from Costco has my dog kept in shiny coat and reasonable poops.

The grain free food is literally call of the wild brand, which is a really good brand.

However grain-free food has shown some correlation to cause heart disease in dogs. They don't have any real evidence at this time to prove it though. https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/nutrition/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-fdas-grain-free-diet-alert/

My Vet told me to switch so I did.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Shwqa posted:

The grain free food is literally call of the wild brand, which is a really good brand.

However grain-free food has shown some correlation to cause heart disease in dogs. They don't have any real evidence at this time to prove it though. https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/nutrition/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-fdas-grain-free-diet-alert/

My Vet told me to switch so I did.

It's only grain free foods that have legumes such as peas, lentils, legume seeds, etc. or potatoes listed as primary ingredients. If it's meats as the primary ingredients with the bulk of the remainder comprised of vegetables, it's fine.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Renegret posted:

My Costco looked like a tornado hit it. The line was up to the clothing section when I got there but luckily they got it under control by the time I was ready to check out.

The door greeters greeted every customer with an exhausted "no water, toilet paper, and paper towels" abandoned carts littered the store and empty boxes weren't cleared out, I think it was all hands on deck at the front lines.

The frozen section was ravaged, but there was plenty of fresh produce.

I grabbed some produce, corned beef and potatoes, some body wash, a hot dog, and got the gently caress out of there. Still spent a hundred loving dollars because it's Costco.

Boomers finally figured out that Coronavirus is the real deal after Trump’s address last night. I stopped at Kroger on the way home and I was shocked, it was stripped half bare. My friend said Meijer was the same way.

I have purchased a shotgun to defend my toilet paper, so none of you unwashed buttholes better try anything.

He who controls the toilet paper, controls the universe.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 13, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You should have gotten the Kirkland Signature 10 pack of shotguns. Then you could have given some to your friends and family.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You should have gotten the Kirkland Signature 10 pack of shotguns. Then you could have given some to your friends and family.

Keep them all. Less reloading.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

13Pandora13 posted:

It's only grain free foods that have legumes such as peas, lentils, legume seeds, etc. or potatoes listed as primary ingredients. If it's meats as the primary ingredients with the bulk of the remainder comprised of vegetables, it's fine.

Nah it's actually a bunch of boutique/exotic foods that are grain free and we don't totally know why yet. Heres a list of the brands most implicated:

Acana has like 60% meat or something
Derail i know but a lot of people feed that kirkland grain free stuff and i just want people to at least make an informed decision!

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Dixville posted:

Nah it's actually a bunch of boutique/exotic foods that are grain free and we don't totally know why yet. Heres a list of the brands most implicated:

Derail i know but a lot of people feed that kirkland grain free stuff and i just want people to at least make an informed decision!

Dog Derail:

Is there an article that links to that image? My wife and I just adopted two dogs and we're working on the food thing. We're planning on Purina One since that's what they were fed in the shelter.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dixville posted:

Nah it's actually a bunch of boutique/exotic foods that are grain free and we don't totally know why yet. Heres a list of the brands most implicated

Starting a sentence with Nah is despicable imo.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Minto Took posted:

Dog Derail:

Is there an article that links to that image? My wife and I just adopted two dogs and we're working on the food thing. We're planning on Purina One since that's what they were fed in the shelter.

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/news-events/fda-investigation-potential-link-between-certain-diets-and-canine-dilated-cardiomyopathy

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

hi5

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My gf is a veterinarian. Absolutely do not feed your dog a grain free diet unless your vet recommends it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

PokeJoe posted:

My gf is a veterinarian. Absolutely do not feed your dog a grain free diet unless your vet recommends it.

Wife is a vet and can also confirm. Don't loving do that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Nah. It's not.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Minto Took posted:

Dog Derail:

If you are planning on switching a dog's food make sure you make it a transition. Half the old food and half the new food. That actually how I found out the costco brand is Call of the Wild.

My new puppy had a lot of different food based on its unstable home and then the shelter. It was.... a mess. Now I buy it a prescription based food, which cost me $90 every 6 weeks or so, but he is stable now.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
5-6 years ago Pet Island was burning to the loving ground over insisting on grain free. My dog at the time did have grain sensitivity, so I've been sticking to meat forward since. It's good to know that Kirkland is rebranded Call Of The Wild, that's primo stuff. Used to be I'd buy Wellness (and Nutro before they got bought out and all lovely).

Mulan really likes the Beef Meal and Sweet Potato formula.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 13, 2020

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I said imo, dummy.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
You guys mean Taste of the Wild?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:twisted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Dixville posted:

Rachael Ray dog food

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Skyla eats nothing but bitchin' sauce and is happy and healthy as can be. Power naps like a boss.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It sucks for dogs with food allergies because so many of them do better on these grain free diets (probably because of the novel protein source more than the lack of grains tbh) and now their main option is just really expensive prescription foods that nobody seems to want to pay for. Or balanced home cooked diets i guess but thats also horribly expensive. I used to recommend natural balance all the time and welp

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You fear to go into that forum. The goons posted too insularly and too hostile.

Been feeding my dog A Taste of the Wild for 4 years, she's extremely healthy, well formed poos. Maybe I'll mix it up.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
We have been on ToTW, switched to Kirkland Grain Free a year ago. No issues.

Maybe I'll mix in regular Kirkland with the Grain Free, we are getting a little low.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Which dog food is the good one? My Costco has two different bags, Kirkland Signature and Nature's Domain

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Nature's Domain is the grain free one I get. Yellow bag.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Dive deeper into the FDA report and it's overwhelmingly novel proteins like alligator, kangaroo, venison and fish, coupled with legumes like peas. It leads to taurine deficiency.

Here's the link: https://www.fda.gov/media/128303/download

UC Davis has some research that suggests lamb is a problem too -- that's probably the most common formulation that's on the list.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Moey posted:

Nature's Domain is the grain free one I get. Yellow bag.

Mine is red bag but I think that's just the different turkey flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

A Taste of the Wild High Prairie uses buffalo meat and lists Taurine as an ingredient as well.