Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Costco is blessed and I like their litter (the green jug, not that weird cube) but feeding two ridgebacks fills my cart too much! I Chewy it and someone else can herniate a disc for me.

They seem okay with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I've been feeding my dog Origen and Acana most of her life and she's done super well on it. I still buy it, because again, there's no clear cause and Acana specifically is super popular which explains its representation on the list.

However, I am now rotating her with a grain inclusive food from another brand with a different primary protein source out of an abundance of caution. Apparently this is a good thing to do anyway because if you feed only one food, any gaps in nutritional content suddenly become deficiencies.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Lots of good dogs being posted, many thanks

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

"Golden Retrievers

Past publications and research suggest that Golden Retrievers may be genetically predisposed to taurine deficiency, which is well-documented as potentially leading to DCM.

Veterinary cardiologist Dr. Joshua Stern from the University of California at Davis has been studying the rise in cases of DCM in Golden Retrievers, including a potential dietary link. Many cases of DCM in Golden Retrievers are taurine-deficient. Pet owners who suspect their Golden Retrievers may be affected may wish to consult their veterinarian to discuss checking taurine levels or conducting an echocardiogram."

gently caress, I feed my golden the grain free food from Costco as well.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

TraderStav posted:

Skyla eats nothing but bitchin' sauce and is happy and healthy as can be. Power naps like a boss.

Way to rep Costco with the dog sleeping on the (awesome) futon from Costco :cool:

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
My co is full panic mode today. It's been pretty sane through the last couple weeks, even yesterday was busy but not stupid.

Today as soon as you turned the corner towards the walk in coolers/paper block you could not move period. I'm not a loving moron so I went with no cart and assholes would intentionally block my progress as I tried to work my way through. Usually they would cool it after I told them I wasn't after their precious TP. What is wrong with people...

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
I thought my church was in panic mode yesterday but goddamn today the line before opening is wrapped around the entire building

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Same rush here and we only have one identified case in the metro.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’d love to visit for some actual decent bacon but since I’m in the Seattle area... that’s not loving happening.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

KS posted:

Dive deeper into the FDA report and it's overwhelmingly novel proteins like alligator, kangaroo, venison and fish, coupled with legumes like peas. It leads to taurine deficiency.

Here's the link: https://www.fda.gov/media/128303/download

UC Davis has some research that suggests lamb is a problem too -- that's probably the most common formulation that's on the list.

That's good info that i didn't pick up on. I honestly hope that all grain free diets aren't dangerous. The problem is we still don't know why the taurine deficiency happens, though, as the diets have adequate levels afaik. Anyway ive always told people if their pet does well on it and they're happy the source isn't that big of a deal. The FDA report has everyone wary of recommending grain free though.

Dixville fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 13, 2020

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

I’d love to visit for some actual decent bacon but since I’m in the Seattle area... that’s not loving happening.

Sodo yesterday: https://twitter.com/arrington/status/1238315541678280704

You should go hit Bob's Quality Meats or one of the other quality butcher shops.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

.Z. posted:

Sodo yesterday: https://twitter.com/arrington/status/1238315541678280704

You should go hit Bob's Quality Meats or one of the other quality butcher shops.

That’s a good idea. I’ll look around to see what’s available in my area.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I heard that Asian grocery stores are ghost towns right now (due to fear/racism). I wish I had one near me.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Went to CostCo at 1:30 today (this was a transition day for us working remotely starting Monday) and it wasn’t too bad. Totally out of toilet paper but I witnessed people buying tons of bottled water (I almost asked someone why; has anyone been brave enough to do that?).

Outside of the prescriptions I had to go there for I just ended up buying butter, smoked salmon, sauerkraut, and a lot of whiskey.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I went to Costco yesterday to get some jumbo/large roll TP and paper towels for my business and even those were completely sold out. Was kind of frustrating but I waited in line anyway in order to cash in my rewards certificate finally.

My wife went to Winco around 8am this morning and they were pretty much cleaned out of most staples. We supplement our dog's meals with canned green beans and those were completely gone, so I'm going to try elsewhere this afternoon. She said that some other customer mentioned they wished they had gotten there earlier and an employee told them it had been insanely busy literally all night long.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I heard that Asian grocery stores are ghost towns right now (due to fear/racism). I wish I had one near me.

Yeah pretty much. I've been shopping at my local ones and I'm the only non-Chinese customer. The Mexican supermarkets are also fully stocked with everything, apparently whitey isn't going there either. Fine by me. :getin:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm in line to pay right now in Phoenix. It's busy but not insane. A lot of my usual buys are on sale! So that's a win. Plus I'm getting tires installed so I'd be here anyways.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:rip: anyone going this weekend.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Chinatown posted:

:rip: anyone going this weekend.

I was planning to but I might wait a few days. I need bread dammit.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Ok looking like Lord of the flies on the way out now, big line to get in.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/hk2SRM8.mp4
:allbuttons:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsRmW0kzbc

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
That's some mighty fine consumerism right there. Why are people literally buying everything in Costco?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Devian666 posted:

That's some mighty fine consumerism right there. Why are people literally buying everything in Costco?

How else am I supposed to use all this toilet paper?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

How else am I supposed to use all this toilet paper?

I recommend eating 5 steaks then a cook up a frozen mac and cheese to produce the finest log that you can be proud of.

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
At 930 people were lined up along the side of the building, around the back, and through the parking lot behind the building all the way out into the neighborhood behind the store lol

Then as soon as you step inside there's instantly a 2nd line just to get back to the water/TP because it's been roped off and workers are handing out the allowed amounts to each customer as they walk up. Tons of olds were trying to cut the line and steal carts, wtf

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

looks like they still got yogurt or whatever is in that tub

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao, gently caress. Who woulda guessed that we wernt prepared to buy all that meat but now when we need it there aint no moh meat

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit >Costco: There's very little meat to spare for the ill-prepared

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It is cool to watch society crumble around us.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Enos Cabell posted:

Stopped in after work and there was zero toilet paper or even paper towels to be found. That entire section was full of bottled water instead. Glad that I bought an extra package last time the Charmin was on sale.

Also got a dog, no seeds, but forgot to snap a pic.

Same same this AM in Orem. I never saw so much bottled water in one place, and they had a 2-case max per customer.
I am more worried about the acts of my fellow man than I am about the actual virus.

RoastBeef posted:

I made the (poor) decision to go earlier. The line to check out started in the produce section. No toilet paper or paper towels at all.

Oh hey look, it's one of those backward costcos that funnels people counter clockwise. Those places really throw off my shopping mojo.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 13, 2020

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
When I was there the other day I thought about that Christmas ham that y’all had. Would be perfect right now!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Hasselblad posted:

Oh hey look, it's one of those backward costcos that funnels people counter clockwise. Those places really throw off my shopping mojo.

I'm filing this under things I thought only happened to me but is really common.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

TraderStav posted:

When I was there the other day I thought about that Christmas ham that y’all had. Would be perfect right now!

Oh man, no way I should get another one... right?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Costco: The only thing left is 10 bags of chicken wings, piled low

Edit: I see there's plenty of charcoal for the pyres, that too

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

StormDrain posted:

I'm filing this under things I thought only happened to me but is really common.

It truly is upsetting.

When I ducked in this AM (after the line around the back of the store to get in) I made a beeline for tylenol, bulk vitamins, and prep-H wipes (clean bum is a happy bum, and I wish they were anti viral), as I just knew there would be no TP. Meat cases were full beyond fresh chic breast. In hindsight that put me too at ease about it, and now I wish I had grabbed more than the Morton's Tri-Tip.

Anyone try the kirkland apple cinnamon (with oats...:psyduck:) protein drinks? Was like $5 off so I figured it was worth a try.

Edit: when I got home my wife mentioned propane, and I think I began a rush on that when I rolled in with my 4 tanks.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 13, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hasselblad posted:

im on team counter clockwise :colbert:

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Holy poo poo lmao

I was at the 'co a couple days ago and it was very tame. The TP/water/paper towel area was barren, but besides that, everything was fine, no big crowds. I'm surprised. Maybe things have changed since then

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shwqa posted:

It is cool to watch society crumble around us.

Yeah...crumble...

*opens freezer full of chicken bakes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I'm going tomorrow morning at opening. Prayers please.