Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

missed out on preordering the animal crossing edition switch but that's ok i just waltzed into wal-mart this morning and picked one up instead :getin:

I've seen a few people today be able to walk into a Gamestop or Wal-Mart and pick one up. I'm jealous! But I have my trusty launch day Switch so I am still happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

God I need this game. I haven’t been this hyped for a game in years, not even Doom Eternal

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I said come in! posted:

I've seen a few people today be able to walk into a Gamestop or Wal-Mart and pick one up. I'm jealous! But I have my trusty launch day Switch so I am still happy.

Same. It’s surprisingly hard to tell myself not to go out and buy the pretty switch when I have a perfectly good one at home I already spent $300 on...

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I've got my AC special edition switch on preorder and arriving in the mail next week, but I can't help but be extremely jealous of my friend who just waltzed into target this morning and got one off the shelf

give me the console nintendo

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Two pages late but:
Games > Animal Crossing: New Horizons- so be nice to wasps, fucker!

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

missed out on preordering the animal crossing edition switch but that's ok i just waltzed into wal-mart this morning and picked one up instead :getin:

Wish I had your luck! I went to five different locations and they didn't even get any besides the preorders :negative:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
I had to restrain myself this morning from hopping in the car and cruising around looking for a limited edition unit.

Reasons I didn't go out:
  • Usual "using a collectible increases the risk of damaging it" clause - this is the biggest one...the bad feels when you drop it or ding it up or get it dirty...:ohdear:
  • Almost surely going to get one of those joycon grip case thingers for improved on-the-go ergonomics (p.s. hmu with your faves if anyone here uses those sorts of things) and that would of course cover up a lot of the pretty :downs:
  • Just bought a regular rear end neon red/blue Switch specifically so I wouldn't try for the ACLE :homebrew:
  • They'd probably all be sold out anyways (see previous post. goondolences) :v:
  • Was raining pretty heavily :shrug:

Reasons I still want one:
  • oh god, the pretty, it hurts

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
Just buy a skin. It's cheaper, and unless you play in portable most of the time, looks the same! Probably!

I still want the actual console :(

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I called Best Buy service and I'm in luck as my AC Switch pre-order is actually being picked in the warehouse now and will be shipped by monday at the latest. Woohoo!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

compounded daily posted:

Just buy a skin. It's cheaper, and unless you play in portable most of the time, looks the same! Probably!

I still want the actual console :(

That's really tempting tbh because the joycon color is really the only part of the Animal Cross Switch I was particularly interested in.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

If anyone is still wanting one and can't find one in person/doesn't have the means to go out right now, I've received alerts that both Walmart and Amazon are taking (regular priced, not $500) orders. No guarantees, but if you're willing to wait for delivery, it's worth a shot.

mutata posted:

At the risk of shamelessness, if anyone wants some... weird AC art for their walls, I've had these prints up on INPRNT for years and no one has ever ordered any, lol. I do have a version of the Reese print (my avatar) on my wall, though, and it's the best. The prints are nice quality.

https://www.inprnt.com/gallery/mutatedjellyfish/action-reese-ac-series-2-of-2/

https://www.inprnt.com/gallery/mutatedjellyfish/action-isabelle-ac-series-1-of-2/

I drew these WAAAAAY back when New Leaf was in full swing. Hoping NH stirs some more fan art in me, but we'll see!

These are great!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mutata posted:

https://www.inprnt.com/gallery/mutatedjellyfish/action-isabelle-ac-series-1-of-2/

I drew these WAAAAAY back when New Leaf was in full swing. Hoping NH stirs some more fan art in me, but we'll see!

Fantastic, you gotta an IG or smthn?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Thank you for the heads up thread, I just went out and grabbed an AC switch.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Fantastic, you gotta an IG or smthn?

I do, although I've been pretty burned out on personal art projects for over a year, so most of my IG roll lately is photos of my stickers in various places. I'm also a 3D artist by profession, so if/when I do get back into artmaking for fun it'll be mostly 3D game art.

https://www.instagram.com/mutatedjellyfish/

More junk in my sig vvv

And thanks for the kind words, all!

https://instagram.com/mutatedjellyfish/
https://www.artstation.com/mutatedjellyfish

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Oh man, I just ordered the switch off amazon, and instant buyers remorse. I want I so much but I need it so little...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I feel you! Since I got a job that pays me to draw, I draw a hundred times more often but post art a thousand times less. I try to just follow any artists on IG so when you get back to postin any art its always welcome

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah, burnout is real. I've been dealing with some depression and other mental issues lately as well. My overall #mood these days is "Tired but don't want to sleep because that means starting a new day" lol. But gettin' help and taking it one day at a time! I appreciate the follow in any case and I hope to get back to things soon!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

mutata posted:

At the risk of shamelessness, if anyone wants some... weird AC art for their walls, I've had these prints up on INPRNT for years and no one has ever ordered any, lol. I do have a version of the Reese print (my avatar) on my wall, though, and it's the best. The prints are nice quality.

These are mint! I've put them in the OP and carved out a spot specifically for posters' fanart. Here's one of everyone's favourite verbally abusive mole. I doodled it at work on paper, then coloured in Procreate:

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

jackhunter64 posted:

These are mint! I've put them in the OP and carved out a spot specifically for posters' fanart. Here's one of everyone's favourite verbally abusive mole. I doodled it at work on paper, then coloured in Procreate:

Can I shamelessly be in the OP too? These were made back in Miiverse (RIP Miiverse):

Made for Chronicler of Dongs

Made for Becklespinax

Turns out the 3DS stylus doesn't work for the Switch, so I guess I need to buy a decent fine point capacitive stylus and a screen protector. And another AC adapter to keep near the bed so I can play while falling asleep. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Squats posted:

Can I shamelessly be in the OP too? These were made back in Miiverse (RIP Miiverse):

Made for Chronicler of Dongs

Made for Becklespinax

Turns out the 3DS stylus doesn't work for the Switch, so I guess I need to buy a decent fine point capacitive stylus and a screen protector. And another AC adapter to keep near the bed so I can play while falling asleep. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

I use these screen protectors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/

And just ordered this stylus: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9C9AT6/

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Anyone with fanart can be in Crazy Redd's family, cousin

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I have acquired the machine

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Oh man they even themed the box. :ohdear:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

drat that's awesome. I want a Nook-brand Switch now! :arghfist:

cats
May 11, 2009

do it do it do it you know you want it.

Although... it seems awfully loose in the dock. The connection itself seems okay but I can wiggle the switch back and forth quite a bit. Put it in my old dock (bought ~2 months after launch) and it fit much better, haven't tried it the other way around yet.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
A Short Hike is free on the epic games store this week. It's a short game that's very animal crossing in aesthetic.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What is that gray thing on the left of the Switch on the box? Behind Nook?

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks for the recs! Is the clear disk around the stylus point supposed to help stabilize the pen since you can't rest your palm on the screen without it registering as a touch? (I wonder if a fingerless glove or other palm cover would help with that.)

jackhunter64 posted:

Anyone with fanart can be in Crazy Redd's family, cousin

Cheers, cuz!

Dr. Stab posted:

A Short Hike is free on the epic games store this week. It's a short game that's very animal crossing in aesthetic.

That game looks absolutely adorable and the writing seems like my jam. Thanks for the heads up!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

What is that gray thing on the left of the Switch on the box? Behind Nook?

The other side of the dock, it's at an angle.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Dr. Stab posted:

I've been meaning to check this out, thanks. Do I have to play it this week or just purchase it?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

And More posted:

I've been meaning to check this out, thanks. Do I have to play it this week or just purchase it?

Grab it this week and it's yours forever, I believe.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yep, Epic giveaways are for good, a reasonable tradeoff for having to deal with yet another launcher ecosystem.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A Short Hike is really, really good, high recommend

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

https://twitter.com/punimelt/status/1238597725161238531

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i have not been this excited for a game in a decade you guys

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

*violently slamming on the door of Nintendo
Why wont you release it nooooow!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

animal crossing new horizons is a game that is needed right now at this moment in history more than any other game has ever needed to exist

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Elderbean posted:

*violently slamming on the door of Nintendo
Why wont you release it nooooow!

WHERE'S MY ANIMALCROSSING
WHERE'S MY ANIMALCROSSING

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Are the new joycons available standalone yet? The ones that came with my switch are getting a bit worn out and I need me those AC ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

animal crossing new horizons is a game that is needed right now at this moment in history more than any other game has ever needed to exist

Unironically this