Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Does it have the sax song from Lost Boys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I like Britt Robertson and hope this isn't what the rest of her career looks like.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Christian movie I Still Believe is set to open tomorrow. I've seen two ads for it on TV this week.

I think Troll World Tour is the only big studio film not being delayed yet (outside of The Hunt, which was delayed but now might be the Last Movie Ever)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Tars Tarkas posted:

I think Troll World Tour is the only big studio film not being delayed yet (outside of The Hunt, which was delayed but now might be the Last Movie Ever)

i was talking to one of my coworkers at the theater i work at today and i told him i think that Trolls is gonna be a bellwether for movie theaters, they'll stay open as long as Trolls stays put but if it moves, chain theaters will probably close until Black Widow (unless Black Widow also moves, which has been rumored pretty heavily).

it's not impossible that if worst comes to, theaters will be closed for almost 2 months. it would absolutely suck poo poo and put lots of people out of work and i have absolutely no faith in the chains to keep their employees from starving if they can help it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The MSJ posted:

Adam Driver should be Dracula.

Three movies man

Did you not see them

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Three movies man

Did you not see them

Firstly, Username Post combo. Nice.
Secondly, I'm just happy to be here before the ten page SW derail.
Thirdly, Driver was one of the only consistently good things in those films and I'm looking forwards to seeing where he goes from here. Go the full R Patz.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Say what you will about the new Star Wars trilogy, the talent of the new actors shouldn’t be questioned, they all did good jobs, and I would also like to see Adam Driver do more Daniel Radcliffe/Robert Pattinson poo poo by using his star power to secure financing for weird projects.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alan Smithee posted:

Three movies man

Did you not see them

he was not a Dracula in those movies

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
he was referring to Driver's secret vampire status in Paterson, Inside Llewyn Davis, and The Report

ALFbrot fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 13, 2020

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Say what you will about the new Star Wars trilogy, the talent of the new actors shouldn’t be questioned, they all did good jobs, and I would also like to see Adam Driver do more Daniel Radcliffe/Robert Pattinson poo poo by using his star power to secure financing for weird projects.

I'd love to see Radcliffe, Driver and Pattinson get together to do something as weird as The Lighthouse.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Y'all need to watch Guy Madison's Silent Ballet Dracula:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpFkDSQtzp8

It takes the whole "mysterious Eastern dude coming to take are wimmin" vibe of the original novel and runs with it:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

gently caress, thought I was posting in the horror thread.

Watch it anyway if you're into weird stuff and Draculas.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Marvel comics Dracula was once ironically written as a racist Islamophobe and wants to protect Europe from the threat of immigration from the Middle East. He ended up getting killed by a Muslim immigrant superhero.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The MSJ posted:

The Marvel comics Dracula was once ironically written as a racist Islamophobe and wants to protect Europe from the threat of immigration from the Middle East. He ended up getting killed by a Muslim immigrant superhero.

Was it Kamala?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, this was Faiza Hussein who is/was the wielder of Excalibur. There was also an alternate universe version of her where she became Captain Britain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also AMC has announced a new policy where they are going to cut maximum attendance for their theaters by half.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The MSJ posted:

The core of Dracula is obviously "strange eastern man comes to London and threatens our women" but I always thought there could be an interesting adaptation leaning into him as a rich Christian fundamentalist obsessed with waging war against Muslims and literally draining the blood of his peasant subjects to do so.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Also AMC has announced a new policy where they are going to cut maximum attendance for their theaters by half.

So has Regal.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The MSJ posted:

I like his 70s solo stuff because it's basically all him being an arrogant rear end in a top hat and occasionally murdering random people who always get full names and oddly detailed and tragic backstories even if they just appeer for two panels.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

what a coincidence, the customers of my theater announced a new policy where they cut our total attendance by half, all on their own!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also, tbf regarding AMC, there's a bunch of Fathom Events stuff coming up that's nerd-interest and will do decent business, and I don't think they're pushing any of them back over corona

there's the Steven Universe movie sing-along in like a week, which is more or less guaranteed to attract a horde of your local crazy people

and then there's the third Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel movie in May, which is sort of an unknown quantity comparatively, but which Fathom has enough faith in to do 6 days across 2 weeks for

it's obviously not exactly Endgame but "theaters being sold out between now and late May" isn't some kind of impossibility that they should avoid planning around

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My local indie theaters are doing this too. Seems reasonable to do that if they're gonna stay open, but I wonder what people are even gonna be going to see. I Still Believe? Because I doubt people will be lining up to see The Hunt or Bloodshot, especially while a lot of people are self-quarantining.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

I like his 70s solo stuff because it's basically all him being an arrogant rear end in a top hat and occasionally murdering random people who always get full names and oddly detailed and tragic backstories even if they just appeer for two panels.

Doesn't Blade hang around with him?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

The MSJ posted:

Was this the same Marvel comics Dracula that gave us Blade, and also Dracula, Sovereign of the Damned?

Edit: Removed the url because it was loving with the Awful App, but Chip and Ironicus did an MST3K style riff on it years ago and you can find it on Internet Archive.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 14, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Was this the same Marvel comics Dracula that gave us Blade, and also [url=https://ia802807.us.archive.org/8/items/AnimeTheater789DraculaSovereignOfTheDamnedHD/Anime%20Theater%20%23%207%2C%208%2C%20%26%209%20-%20Dracula%20Sovereign%20of%20the%20Damned%20HD.mp4]Dracula, Sovereign of the Damned?

The awful app embedded this entire full length movie which is certainly a thing I guess.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

That story I was talking about also had Dracula's plans be undone by him being an arrogant rear end in a top hat to Doctor Doom in the story's opening scene (because Doom, who sees himself as better than everyone, thought Dracula's xenophobia was pathetic).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That's the story wher ehe had a Castle on the Moon.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always wanted to read a story where Dracula was the last man on Earth after an apocalyptic event wipes out humanity and he leaves in a spaceship.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Detective No. 27 posted:

I always wanted to read a story where Dracula was the last man on Earth after an apocalyptic event wipes out humanity and he leaves in a spaceship.

What about a story where aliens invade Earth and Dracula is our only hope for salvation?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You got my attention. Is it any good?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Detective No. 27 posted:

You got my attention. Is it any good?

It's ok. If you want the reading equivalent of pixie stix and nothing else in your pile, it's worth taking out of the library.

I read it a few years ago, so ymmv.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The MSJ posted:

The Marvel comics Dracula was once ironically written as a racist Islamophobe and wants to protect Europe from the threat of immigration from the Middle East.

That's very on-brand for Vlad Tepes, in all fairness.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Baron von Eevl posted:

That's very on-brand for Vlad Tepes, in all fairness.

Kind of ironic from an orientalist perspective, that he goes from a historical figure of anti-oriental military violence to becoming a fantastical orientalised ghoul a few hundred years later.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can't remember the name and trying to look it up isn't helping, but a few years ago I read a story where after a nuclear war, a vampire is the only person on Earth left alive, and he meets an alien who landed to investigate the remains of human civilization.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's almost the premise of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust which involves a post apocalyptic Earth and a vampire taking off in a spaceship.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That came to mind, though it's a weird case since it's more like the vampires are like LotR Elves who are gradually retreating from the world into the heavens, except apparently they have space stations and they rebuilt their castles into rockets.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The MSJ posted:

That story I was talking about also had Dracula's plans be undone by him being an arrogant rear end in a top hat to Doctor Doom in the story's opening scene (because Doom, who sees himself as better than everyone, thought Dracula's xenophobia was pathetic).

That's the one where he fires vampire filled torpedoes at the UK from his moon base, right?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
On the other hand, an Italian dude, who once tweeted Trump about killing all em Mooslims, wrote a movie about how Italians almost know what it's like to be black. Then won an Academy Award for it.

So if you go off the premise that Dracula is a loving idiot, then it makes sense.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, is that what Green Book is about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Got really worried about Roberto Benigni for a second there.