Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Meanwhile over here our first game in Auckland in week two is a double header with Super Rugby- two games back to back at the same ground, single ticket entry. How exactly it's going to work is still unknown- the NRL is saying games are to be played in empty stadiums whereas Super Rugby is largely carrying on as usual.

Super Rugby is played in empty stadiums in Oz.

loving Tahs. loving ARU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

MiniSune posted:

Super Rugby is played in empty stadiums in Oz.

loving Tahs. loving ARU.

That's on me for missing the obvious joke. The Blues in Auckland aren't far from it either.

Meanwhile Xerri has been cleared. Maybe they should see if peptides give you immunity.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

In the ruined wasteland of post-pandemic Australia, Paul Gallen will reign supreme.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
All arrivals to NZ must self isolate for 14 days. RIP the NRL season unless they either exclude the Warriors or have the Warriors stay in Australia all season.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120279430/coronavirus-prime-minister-updates-nz-on-covid19-outbreak

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Going to be very interesting to see what happens next week.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
gently caress off Blair.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

All arrivals to NZ must self isolate for 14 days. RIP the NRL season unless they either exclude the Warriors or have the Warriors stay in Australia all season.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120279430/coronavirus-prime-minister-updates-nz-on-covid19-outbreak

Yeah, this is going to be a weird season.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Jono C posted:

gently caress off Blair.

No seriously, gently caress off, you’re a waste of space.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That was a pretty soft try. Not a good start to the defensive year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

No seriously, gently caress off, you’re a waste of space.

Stop copying my posts from several years ago

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The way the warriors are playing they seem to be trying to get relegated before round two, trying to solve the problem?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What’s with the lack of discipline from Warriors?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
of only we could hold on to the ball

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

What’s with the lack of discipline from Warriors?

Kearney is a dumb oval office.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Kearney is a dumb oval office.
indeed

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That was the sort of half Kearney lives for. Great completion rate and literally nothing else.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would really suck for the warriors if they had to stay in Aus for the foreseeable future

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

would really suck for the warriors if they had to stay in Aus for the foreseeable future

Yeah, but it’s the only realistic way they can take part in the comp. They’ll probably fly home before the quarantine rules kick in tomorrow night then fly back to Australia midweek.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They are going to need to set up a temporary club somewhere, fly families over and set up families and players in accommodation (all paid for by NRL)

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I'm going to make a brave call and say the Warriors are not very good at football.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

garycoleisgod posted:

I'm going to make a brave call and say the Warriors are not very good at football.
Their minds may not be 100% in it if they heard the quarantine news, also the Knights are playing well (but not amazing)

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

They are going to need to set up a temporary club somewhere, fly families over and set up families and players in accommodation (all paid for by NRL)

Basically. Meanwhile every other club is going to want cash from the NRL to cover the loss of revenue due to empty stadiums.

garycoleisgod posted:

It’s going to be an ugly year for us.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

Their minds may not be 100% in it if they heard the quarantine news, also the Knights are playing well (but not amazing)

The announcement came just before kickoff so they probably don’t know yet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

The announcement came just before kickoff so they probably don’t know yet.
information does filter through, but still not a great excuse

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
A successful captains challenge from the Warriors!

Thats the first one by anyone right?

What an achievement!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Wonder if the nrl has any insurance for this story of thing, and whether such a thing even exists

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

garycoleisgod posted:

What an achievement!
Yeah! pretty cool

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Wonder if the nrl has any insurance for this story of thing, and whether such a thing even exists
I highly doubt they would have pandemic/gov immigration policy insurance

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

garycoleisgod posted:

What an achievement!

Do they get a trophy for that?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Do they get a trophy for that?

It’s all I’ve got to look forward to right now.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

loving Kearney. Why did he have to move Fusitua to centre and why does he think Green still belongs out there?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Brooks out for the Tigers tomorrow, Reynolds gets the halves spot.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Collapse of the year in progress

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

iajWife accidentally fatfingered a $50 bet on Mansour to get first try scorer so I'm definitely not happy right now

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

They can play out of Gosford.

Team fits perfectly in with our local teams.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MiniSune posted:

They can play out of Gosford.

Team fits perfectly in with our local teams.
They played bad but I don’t think they deserve that

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I've watched plenty of losing Warriors teams over the years, but Kearney's version is the worst because it's not even any fun.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

I've watched plenty of losing Warriors teams over the years, but Kearney's version is the worst because it's not even any fun.

Exactly. This is the worst possible combination of incompetence and boring. At least the hand grenade football of the late 90s and early 2000s was entertaining.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Exactly. This is the worst possible combination of incompetence and boring. At least the hand grenade football of the late 90s and early 2000s was entertaining.

Also it's old ground but continuing to play Adam Blair is basically giving fans the middle finger at this point. I've seen enough from Taunoa-Brown & Katoa in the preseason that I'm quite happy shipping Blair off to NSW Cup never to be seen again. We're not making the finals so why not give some kids with a future a decent crack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Also it's old ground but continuing to play Adam Blair is basically giving fans the middle finger at this point. I've seen enough from Taunoa-Brown & Katoa in the preseason that I'm quite happy shipping Blair off to NSW Cup never to be seen again. We're not making the finals so why not give some kids with a future a decent crack?

The same applies to Blake Green. He's done, we might as well see what next year is going to look like. GIve Nikorima and CHT time to figure out how to play together.