Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I was an AHS fan for a while. I thought that Murder House and Asylum were generally pretty good (though flubbed the ending), Coven had some good individual bits while completely failing to bring them together, Freak Show was just bad, Hotel was similar to Coven, Roanoke also bad, and Cult I just dropped out of.

With the coronavirus hubbub I decided to watch Apocalypse and 1984 and liked both of them a lot more than I thought I would, and I agree that 1984 has probably the most solid ending of any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1238639726036475904

Hey parents we know you're staring down a month of a house full of kids under quarantine, enjoy this too

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's the perfect balance of evil and smart for Disney.

They offer up a distraction at a time when people are losing distractions.
Smart.
They profit from the crisis by enticing new subscribers.
Evil.

They give parents something to occupy their kids with school closings and quarantines.
Smart.
They torture the parents when it gets rewatched 100 times.
Evil.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They condition parents to condition their kids to turn to Disney media for comfort in stressful times. In a few more decades, these kids can do the same to theirs, but this time with animated remakes of their favourite childhood live action and CG Disney movies.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Mu Zeta posted:

Hack the planet? I forgot that Youtube has a bunch of free movies now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_CqqjOPDc

Hackers is awesome.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This judge sentencing the little kid to probation! Welcome to Kid Kourt. I would definitely watch a Judge Judy type show of kids. Not for kids, children will probably not enjoy the idea of going to TV jail for cutting the super nintendo cable but it was Lucas who cut it, why would I cut my own nintendo cable and then get caught hiding the scissors that doesn't make any sense!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Beastars is finally on Netflix, and I made a thread

it's a real interesting series, I'd love to see some non-anime folks takes on it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm still working my way through Locke and Key and I think one of my big issues with my enjoyment is that I just don't find the antagonists interesting or intimidating at all. Maybe it's different in the comics but in the show I'm just bored of these people. Just gimme more interesting keys.

e:. Just finished episode 7 and yeah, this is the dumbest thing I've watched in a while. I don't even know if I want to keep watching at this point, haha.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 14, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With everything else shutting down production of The 100 will continue because they were filming the series finale when this all went down.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Haven't looked at the thread for a couple of days because COVID stuff has work going crazy: hospitals can't prevent transmission but wiping everything with purell twice a day will make everything perfect safe in the food service and retail sectors...

we are doomed

You too? Cleaning company office job was the busiest I've seen it in 8 years, it was horrible. People who aren't me are making a lot of money for imo questionable efficacy. But this is America so the appearance is all that really matters.

we are so deeply deeply hosed

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

IRQ posted:

we are so deeply deeply hosed

Luckily for you having an anxiety disorder is not one of the pre-existing conditions that makes someone more vulnerable to COVID-19.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm still working my way through Locke and Key and I think one of my big issues with my enjoyment is that I just don't find the antagonists interesting or intimidating at all. Maybe it's different in the comics but in the show I'm just bored of these people. Just gimme more interesting keys.

I think one of problems with the show is that half the time is spent dealing with teen drama, and the main characters are a bunch of brats who do nothing but whine.
It’s just a much lesser version of the Lost Room

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm watching V-Wars.

I am also a little high in case anyone is wondering what my motivation is

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

I'm watching V-Wars.

I am also a little high in case anyone is wondering what my motivation is

lol im watching a 7 hour edited down version of the cutscenes from Death Stranding

if anybody wants to join me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuIaNTHrEDQ

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the gently caress is this poo poo?

So Ian Somerhalder knows lots about vampires but there's this big angry soldier guy who keeps calling him "Doogie" and I'm like "IAN SOMERHALDER IS 40 GODDAMNED YEARS OLD DOOGIE HOWSER WAS A loving TEENAGED DOCTOR" and it keeps happening.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Oasx posted:

I think one of problems with the show is that half the time is spent dealing with teen drama, and the main characters are a bunch of brats who do nothing but whine.
It’s just a much lesser version of the Lost Room

That reminds me, I need to watch The Lost Room again. Loved it, wish they had ended up going to series with it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I cringe at calling the kids on Locke and Key "whiny brats" because drat, they're going through some hosed up poo poo.

But I think the show keeps that more implied than the comic does. I reread the first couple of volumes after I watched the series and the comics focus A LOT on how messed up the kids are the hosed up PTSD and guilt they're wrestling with. The show didn't cut that out but it didn't dig in near as much as the comics did.

The other thing is that the show just kind of messes up Dodge. She spends a lot of time just dicking around or playing coy. In the comic they get to where the show gets by the end a lot quicker and that makes Dodge a much more menacing and involved threat.

I still thought the show was ok. But it definitely had its flaws and is in a weird place where its kind of too severe for kids but too kiddy for a serious horror.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

muscles like this! posted:

With everything else shutting down production of The 100 will continue because they were filming the series finale when this all went down.

Awesome! I expected this though because what the gently caress can kill Genghis Clarke and keep her dead? Certainly not some piddly virus. Looking forward to May 20 when it returns.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Does the corona virus exist on that planet?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

pahuyuth posted:

Awesome! I expected this though because what the gently caress can kill Genghis Clarke and keep her dead? Certainly not some piddly virus. Looking forward to May 20 when it returns.

It's a shame they did the weird reset last season and called it a new chapter only to end it this year.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My dad is watching some show called Westworld.

There was just a scene where they played an orchestral arrangement of some song from the 60s that I can’t remember the name of, and then a bullet exploded out of a man’s nose and painted an old-timey piano with his murder sauce.

Where can I find more of this poo poo?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Those sad times you see someone making the same mistakes you did and don't know how to stop them without them just learning the hard way...

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Westworld bad. Don't go down that road.

If you want more cool old timey covers just listen to the soundtrack, or the Bioshock Ininite soundtrack.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don’t give a loving poo poo about the song, I just wanna see more gratuitous violence.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

My dad is watching some show called Westworld.

There was just a scene where they played an orchestral arrangement of some song from the 60s that I can’t remember the name of, and then a bullet exploded out of a man’s nose and painted an old-timey piano with his murder sauce.

Where can I find more of this poo poo?

Good news you've already seen the best scene in the entire show!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Westworld season 1 was really good. I even liked season 2 though it was more pretentious and confusing for being confusing’s sake, because it looked good and had some excellent performances and some good stories buried under some messy ones.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Croatoan posted:

I just got an email from Regal Cinemas assuring me it's safe y'all.

Come on.

Think of the businesses first.

Corporations are people too!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Westworld good, gently caress the Internet hyperbole.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
wtf, where can you stream True Life episodes? I'm subscribed to like five different streaming services and none of them have it, gently caress.

edit: oh god does MTV have its own loving streaming service

surf rock fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 14, 2020

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

I. M. Gei posted:

I don’t give a loving poo poo about the song, I just wanna see more gratuitous violence.

have you seen Spartacus

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just finished rewatching Westworld s2 and more of it was good than I expected, it’s only really episodes 7/9/10 where the plotting and mystery poo poo gets in the way of the show. Still happy that 3 will be supposedly getting away from that style.

Also during the finale I was thinking how many hosts actually make it through the door before hacked Clementine drives them all crazy and they kill each other? It doesn’t feel like it’s that many. That’s pretty dark.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

I just finished rewatching Westworld s2 and more of it was good than I expected, it’s only really episodes 7/9/10 where the plotting and mystery poo poo gets in the way of the show. Still happy that 3 will be supposedly getting away from that style.

Also during the finale I was thinking how many hosts actually make it through the door before hacked Clementine drives them all crazy and they kill each other? It doesn’t feel like it’s that many. That’s pretty dark.

Haha I don't know where you heard that but I got bad news for you...

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Open Source Idiom posted:

If you want more cool old timey covers just listen to the soundtrack, or the Bioshock Ininite soundtrack.

Postmodern Jukebox was good at that niche for a few years before it just devolved into overproduced lovely music videos and tons of nerd clickbait like covers of anime theme songs.

Sleeveless fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 15, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Teen Titans Go did an episode making fun of the way internet people hated Thundercats Roar without ever watching it. Which ends with original Lion-o showing up from the cartoon afterlife to declare that Thundercats Roar is the official successor to the original show and anyone who hates it sucks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

So Teen Titans Go did an episode making fun of the way internet people hated Thundercats Roar without ever watching it. Which ends with original Lion-o showing up from the cartoon afterlife to declare that Thundercats Roar is the official successor to the original show and anyone who hates it sucks.

Teen Titans Go is amazing

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I wish more established franchises would tell angry fandoms to gently caress off instead of constantly trying in vain to placate them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Westworld season 1 was really good. I even liked season 2 though it was more pretentious and confusing for being confusing’s sake, because it looked good and had some excellent performances and some good stories buried under some messy ones.

Credit where due for Westworld, it at least tries with its mystery boxes. They're fully pre-prepared complete things, and there's enough metaphorical flashing lights and buttons on them to give people room to poke and guess at what's going on rather than just blindly drag the audience along each episode until the grand unveiling (eg; Star Trek: Picard and the grand reveal that they're just blatantly ripping of Mass Effect in its entirety). Season 2 had its moments, and I'm hoping Season 3 is at least similarly okay, if not outright-good.

Sleeveless posted:

Postmodern Jukebox was good at that niche for a few years before it just devolved into overproduced lovely music videos and tons of nerd clickbait like covers of anime theme songs.

Uhhh, I think you're confusing them with someone else, because they've never gone anywhere near anime theme songs.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They also don't do music videos so Sleeveless is once again as confused as he is wrong.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The 2011 version was better, they should bring that back I don’t care how long it’s been or what the crew is doing now I will die on this hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Hating something you haven’t seen is dumb, but I don’t think there is anything wrong with not wanting to watch an show based on its animation style.

I have no connection to Thundercats so Roar doesn’t bother me, it just looks like something I don’t want to watch, just as I would like someone to do a proper Teen Titans adaptation for once.