Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

joylessdivision posted:

poo poo that's like half of the books the dude wrote. The other half is magical black people.

Don't forget the handful that overlap both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Krankenstyle posted:

aaa i keep forgetting the one where its two college kids (10 years ago) doing some kind of mental tv show for toddlers

- background music is super slowed down and weird
- all reactions are intense, way into the camera and several seconds
- the show is called poop butthole fuckyou something like that, im not kidding
- there are 2 episodes
- the host has a walking stick, like his grandpas walking stick?
- they build traps, which is moving a chair
- then when someone sits on it or nearly does, you they go mental

it was called "rear end HOLES" and featured, as I recall, like 60 seconds of cackling and hopping from foot to foot at the end of each episode. I'm too lazy to search youtube for "rear end holes" sorry. But that was the name. It had a half speed version of cotton eyed joe in the background.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

joylessdivision posted:

poo poo that's like half of the books the dude wrote. The other half is magical black people.

No, those are thirds of the books he wrote.

The last third are mentally-impaired, black magical characters.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

FilthyImp posted:

Was the dude just eating the grass like in that Stephen King story?

No he was just some latino gardener his parents hired but he was asking if he should call the police and freaked out about having to maybe speak to them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Why do so many threads get into talking about Stephen King? Read a real book, jesus christ.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I like how Pick can't really troll as "wealthy out of touch mayo-golem" anymore so it's just shades of 'put star wars in a subforum' or 'quarantine yourself and watch an opera' or someshit.

RSF: Pick's Playhouse

Shoehead posted:

No he was just some latino gardener his parents hired
Was the gardener possessed of the 4th sight? Or did he mayhaps sing verses of a popular rhyme except the lyrics slowly became ominous and germaine to the person's deepest fears?

Rain Rain Go A-way / Come A-again a-no-ther Day
Lowtax forums closed today / now he's gonna make-you-pay

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 14, 2020

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Pick posted:

Why do so many threads get into talking about Stephen King? Read a real book, jesus christ.

Hey at least it's not Harry Potter

Or Star Wars

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
What books would you recommend, Pick?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Screaming Idiot posted:

What books would you recommend, Pick?

I talk about some here.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pick posted:

and why isn't a Stephen King novel a "real book", Pick

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pick posted:

King has written over 50 books and dozens of short stories that have been read by millions of people, so there’s a lot of things that can remind a lot of people of a Stephen King stories. You can read King and also read “real books” but good luck finding somewhere to make a Confederacy of Dunces War and Peace reference on SA without making it feel forced.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Eh! Frank posted:

Hey at least it's not Harry Potter

Or Star Wars

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

it was called "rear end HOLES" and featured, as I recall, like 60 seconds of cackling and hopping from foot to foot at the end of each episode. I'm too lazy to search youtube for "rear end holes" sorry. But that was the name. It had a half speed version of cotton eyed joe in the background.

NEVER SET SPIKES

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ugly In The Morning posted:

King has written over 50 books and dozens of short stories
She's just trolling you guys

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

She's just trolling you guys

Well, there is also the fact that Stephen King is objectively a hack writer. :shrug:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Well, there is also the fact that Stephen King is objectively a hack writer. :shrug:

No he's not. You may call him a bad author, but he hasn't been a hack.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ChubbyChecker posted:

Fair enough. Stephen King is objectively a bad author.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Stephen King did his best work when he was a crack writer

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ChubbyChecker posted:

He called himself as such in On Writing. The one thing I can't criticize King for is a lack of self-awareness. He's aware of how dumb his work is, and he revels in it, and that's his best quality.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My favorite goon saga was when scientists accidentally opened a portal to some other dimension and monsters popped out and ate everybody

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

My favorite goon saga was when scientists accidentally opened a portal to some other dimension and monsters popped out and ate everybody

Doom? Doom. Doom!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Arivia posted:

Doom? Doom. Doom!

And bits of sick.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ChubbyChecker posted:

Richard Bachmann is a hack.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
New thread icon?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

He called himself as such in On Writing. The one thing I can't criticize King for is a lack of self-awareness. He's aware of how dumb his work is, and he revels in it, and that's his best quality.

Yeah dude knows he writes schlock but it's fun schlock. Mostly.

I mean we have cocaine and Stephen King to thank for Maximum Overdrive and really I don't know what else we could ask of the man.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Arivia posted:

Doom? Doom. Doom!

Yeaaaahhhh...

Dooooom...

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

And bits of sick.

I wanted to let you know that I appreciate this.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dreqqus posted:

:love:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

If you're gonna say King is trash you should be required to post what you consider good books to be.

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Dreqqus posted:

same. darkplace is incredible. but please, goons! back to forum sagas! hit me with that groverhaus again

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

ravenkult posted:

If you're gonna say King is trash you should be required to post what you consider good books to be.

I like King, but I don't really see what this is going to prove. I'll hold up anything by Steinbeck then, so now what?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Crimpolioni posted:

I like King, but I don't really see what this is going to prove. I'll hold up anything by Steinbeck then, so now what?
It's not to prove anything, it's because people kramering in to go "your favored author is poo poo" without offering alternatives is, while a time-honored goon tradition, also unfunny and tedious. State what authors *you* read so we can make fun of them too, cowards.

Most of my reading material these days consists of the forums so that makes y'all the authors, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Most of my reading material these days consists of the forums so that makes y'all the authors, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

fucka sucka ding dong

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's not to prove anything, it's because people kramering in to go "your favored author is poo poo" without offering alternatives is, while a time-honored goon tradition, also unfunny and tedious. State what authors *you* read so we can make fun of them too, cowards.

lmao if you read posts, just guess what is in them and post what you feel. Don't even read your own posts, live free and happy.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I've read so many posts in my life that I already know what's gonna be in every one, I just keep my eyes closed and post blind like forums jedi

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Every account on these fora is an alt of mine.

I already know what I posted.

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

barbecue at the folks posted:

I've read so many posts in my life that I already know what's gonna be in every one, I just keep my eyes closed and post blind like forums jedi

i just see blonde, redhead,

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

weed cat posted:

i just see neckbeard, neckbeard, blonde neckbeard...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lmao good troll pick

Just mention Stephen King and watch the thread derail itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ChubbyChecker posted:

In the storied history of goons latching onto a word and then over- and mis-using it to the point of meaninglessness, calling the creator of a piece of media you dislike a hack has to be one of the worst because more often than not their complaint is that they were literally the opposite of a hack and did something different and unexpected.