Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Food court at the local Costco wasn't serving a bunch of items including pizza by the slice, you had to get a whole pizza if you wanted any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I don't understand why Americans are afraid of poutine. Even if you ask for gravy with your fries you get funny looks. I know you guys eat a gently caress ton of gravy but the second it goes near a French fry all hell breaks loose.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Surreal trip to church today (Waterbury, CT). No fresh vegetables, frozen meat or fresh meat whatsoever. I hadn’t really realized in the past that the aisles themselves are products. But there were no aisles through the center of the store because everything was picked clean.

Still loaded up on a hand full of things and we are set for an extended quarantine if we had to, but that was really weird.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Math You posted:

I don't understand why Americans are afraid of poutine. Even if you ask for gravy with your fries you get funny looks. I know you guys eat a gently caress ton of gravy but the second it goes near a French fry all hell breaks loose.

We put gravy on our hash browns instead. It’s called getting them “countried”.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/HG78iMI.mp4

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

goddamn, where is that?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Math You posted:

Every diner in NJ has this and they're called Disco Fries.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

phosdex posted:

goddamn, where is that?

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9358887,-117.9680448,3a,75y,191.59h,76.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3Uu7ApMPW6XQkUvmpbpYlQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Whittier, CA

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shwqa posted:

I'm in Costco right now.... it was surprisingly dull for an apocalypse. No toilet paper, no papertowls, no dish detergent, no chicken, very little bread, very little canned fish. Everything else is normal.

Edit: There is a lot of alcohol being bought and a one eye man is yelling but I think that is just Reno being Reno.

I went to Sparks this morning and it was busy but not insane. Only really unusual thing was the line stretching halfway through the story for TP and paper towels (limit of 1 each).

They had every single register open though. Only had to wait for one person to check out before I was up.

Got one of those 15 pound NY strip loins and two big boxes of Cheezits and some ciabatta rolls.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fuckin :lol:

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Math You posted:

It literally has “poo” in its name.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it really is a truly American dish

fries topped with lard and then cheese, like the only thing keeping it from catching on is the frenchy name

just call it Avalanche Fries or something

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

it really is a truly American dish

fries topped with lard and then cheese, like the only thing keeping it from catching on is the frenchy name

just call it Avalanche Fries or something

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carne_asada_fries

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Went to Costco today and it was amazing. EVERY lane was open, zero wait. Got some frozen beef and chicken plus some other random crap then pepperoni and sausage pizza from the food court on the way out. It was probably the most painless Costco trip ever.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bum the Sad posted:

Went to Costco today and it was amazing. EVERY lane was open, zero wait. Got some frozen beef and chicken plus some other random crap then pepperoni and sausage pizza from the food court on the way out. It was probably the most painless Costco trip ever.

where you at
san diegans put meat on fries and think they invented jesus

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

san diegans put meat on fries and think they invented jesus

yeah its that good i agree

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
If costco starts selling carne asada fries god help everyone in my way

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Went to the 'co after procrastinating for weeks. Normally, my nearest one is crazy: impossible parking, slow people crowding every isle, etc. Today, they limited the number of people in the store, so had to wait in line. Pretty quick, got in, place felt empty. Fast to get around, no slow oldies clogging the isles, short wait at checkout, best trip in a long time. Also, I guess lots of folks didn't want to wait, so easy parking too. Despite being sold out of some items, and rationing others, 10/10 would shop during panic buying crisis again.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

If costco starts selling carne asada fries god help everyone in my way

If you’re in Canada maybe you can get that shredded beef thing and put it on poutine if you’re too lazy to remove the gravy and cheese

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jesus crist!

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Bum the Sad posted:

I think you might actually be dead already. What's it like posting from heaven?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

What the fuuuuuck.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That seems like a great way to transmit a virus, just saying

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

God drat. Living in flyover country has its perks I guess.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The best poutine I've ever had was in Tucson, Arizona. Nothing in Canada or Wisconsin has even come close which is shocking to me.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

gently caress me, if you saw this what sort of brain worms do you need to grab a trolley and join the queue? do these people really have no food spare at home?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hemale in pain posted:

gently caress me, if you saw this what sort of brain worms do you need to grab a trolley and join the queue?

:shepicide: I made $700 selling Purell online need more more more :shepspends:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

hemale in pain posted:

gently caress me, if you saw this what sort of brain worms do you need to grab a trolley and join the queue? do these people really have no food spare at home?

"everyone else is doing it and if i don't join now someone else will take what i could have gotten still"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My Costco is still reaching capacity every day and shutting the roll-up doors. I won't be able to do my normal Costco shopping for weeks it seems :(

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

The carts are enforcing social distancing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

what a bunch of loving losers

not a single person with a flatbed cart

:colbert:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I honestly don't know how my friends that work on the front end haven't had nervous breakdowns this last week. We've have people working 12 hours shifts back to back to back and we're still struggling to keep up.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

JT Smiley posted:

I honestly don't know how my friends that work on the front end haven't had nervous breakdowns this last week. We've have people working 12 hours shifts back to back to back and we're still struggling to keep up.

I went to my local grocery store that had a few sections that were cleaned out but most stuff was there and the staff was working like crazy getting everything restocked and manning the checkouts so it was actually a very smooth and quick experience. Mad props to the retail folks who are busting their asses during this time, seriously.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

What the hell? I can't even imagine wanting to wait in that line.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hemale in pain posted:

This is what I thought. Who in their right mind would say "Oh I need to get in on this!" You're better off driving a few hours away to a different store.

Bunch of lemmings.

gently caress that.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Hasselblad posted:

It literally has “poo” in its name.

Only if you mispronounce it

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

It may be bidet time... but is the one you all got like 300 bucks? That is a lot of tp.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Snowmankilla posted:

It may be bidet time... but is the one you all got like 300 bucks? That is a lot of tp.

Yeah but it's way better than TP.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Snowmankilla posted:

I used some.Amazon credits to drop mine to like $210 or something.

Totally worth it, even if the seat is a bit smaller than on a regular boring toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Made a trip to the Co.

- No TP, paper towels, or baby wipes (these don't disinfect. Read the label.)
- No hand soap or cleaning supplies. Simple green is available, and plenty of shower soap and shampoo.
- No fresh meat or frozen vegetables. Plenty of frozen meat and fresh vegetables. Seafood all around.
- No white bread, sliced bread, or other processed breads. Full bakery section full of baguettes, croissants, bagels, cakes, pies, and all other manner of regular fresh baked goods.
- Rotisserie chickens available.
- Saw someone buying 200 lb of flour. I hope they own a bakery.
- The lady checking out at the register next to me ask the cashier if Costco opened early for executive members. She was not happy to hear that they did not and that Costco treats all of their members equally.