Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

lol my month and a half of leave off of work ends monday, and i called to find out we're starting work from home. it feels good to be the king

Fuckin' owns, I am jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Knives Out was probably my favorite movie of last year and there was some stiff competition.

loving Benoit Blanc is the poo poo tho

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think Rian Johnson has said he's open to the idea of a sequel of sorts, which would just basically be Benoit Blanc investigating another weird case, and I'd be all over that.

It would be ironic though if Daniel Craig finally finished up being the lead in one franchise only to immediately end up in another :allears:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

benoit blanc had the best accent and metaphor

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

I think Rian Johnson has said he's open to the idea of a sequel of sorts, which would just basically be Benoit Blanc investigating another weird case, and I'd be all over that.

It would be ironic though if Daniel Craig finally finished up being the lead in one franchise only to immediately end up in another :allears:

I like the Craig Bonds but Benoit seems like a lot more fun to play.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

it’s a real trite thing to say but the second annual report changed my life and this sucks

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I haven't read One Piece in years and years but Arlong Park was the hypest poo poo ever to kid me back when I was reading the US Shonen Jump magazine

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just watched Beastars on Netflix and really enjoyed it...enjoyed it enough to binge through all of it in one day. Now on to Kingdom season 2 or Schitts Creek or reading a book..or something.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Knives Out was good but I really don’t get people going so nuts about it. It was entertaining, well-made American popcorn cinema. Not some sublime masterpiece.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think the counter-culture where people over-celebrate everything that's not a sequel or remake is good but you definitely need to adjust for it

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

extradite THIS! posted:

Knives Out was good but I really don’t get people going so nuts about it. It was entertaining, well-made American popcorn cinema. Not some sublime masterpiece.

It's over-reaction to something we almost never see anymore - an original film not based off of a novel or some other property, or else from a director whose built up so big of a reputation that we all just go "let's go see the new XYZ flick" without any real care as to what the film is actually about. Yeah, with another decent film or two Rian might end up in the Scorcese or Nolan category, but for now it's still more about the individual work.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The sequel should be on a train!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ive owned ck2 forever but only started playing it properly this weekend. a few times i started a game and never got over the hump of “why is nothing happening”. yesterday i got over the hump and started scheming and warring and poo poo and then all of a sudden it was 3am somehow??????

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

extradite THIS! posted:

It was just an exceptionally well made film, and sometimes it's just really nice to sit down and watch a film where literally every single person involved in front and behind the camera is just doing what they do REALLY loving well. It also did some really fun stuff with class dynamics that were particularly enjoyable, and I feel like a movie that celebrates a genuinely good person coming out on top purely because they were just a genuinely good person was really, really refreshing. Plus the set-dressing was utterly spectacular!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Argh I want to get back to Canada (from the UK) ASAP but flights have tripled to octupled in price and my wife is refusing to leave before Thursday.

We're scheduled to leave on Sunday and it will probably be fine, but that's what we said about the trip to begin with and it hasn't exactly worked out as planned so far.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

The uk descent from itll be alright to cancel everything was insane. I literally watched all my work vanish. I am ok for a few months then who knows.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Yeah, my in laws are discussing which shops are most likely to have food left before going shopping this morning.

I told my family in Canada to pick us up toilet paper for our quarantine if they see any in the next week.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Argh I want to get back to Canada (from the UK) ASAP but flights have tripled to octupled in price and my wife is refusing to leave before Thursday.

We're scheduled to leave on Sunday and it will probably be fine, but that's what we said about the trip to begin with and it hasn't exactly worked out as planned so far.

By Sunday you probably won't be allowed out of the country. Enjoy living in an airport terminal. You should watch the Tom Hanks movie The Terminal starring Tom Hanks where he lives in an airport terminal as research

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

By Sunday you probably won't be allowed out of the country. Enjoy living in an airport terminal. You should watch the Tom Hanks movie The Terminal starring Tom Hanks where he lives in an airport terminal as research

I'd probably bunk with my in laws. Is there a movie about that?

The shops were totally fine, incidentally, aside from toilet paper.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Meet The Fockers

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone play Children of Morta? It's on sale for switch and it looked interesting.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

mariooncrack posted:

Anyone play Children of Morta? It's on sale for switch and it looked interesting.

I burned through like the first two-thirds of it in one day; really enjoyed the story parts and putting the team together.

After I did, I kind of lost interest on like the last level.

It’s good button-smashy fun; I’d say a solid 8/10. If I got it on switch, I’d probably have beaten it. I just turn on my PC less these days.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4pt2U5h120

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im at the doctors lol this town is abandoned

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

im at the doctors lol this town is abandoned

this is no loling matter

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Agreed. It’s an lmao if I’ve ever seen one, possibly even drifting into rofl territory.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

got some roids 💪 negative for strep negative for mono but if i start drooling(?) i have to go to the ER little do they know i'm a drooling redacted already hahahahaha

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hell yeah congrats on starting your new swole lifestyle

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

yea ok posted:

got some roids 💪 negative for strep negative for mono but if i start drooling(?) i have to go to the ER little do they know i'm a drooling redacted already hahahahaha

Hope everything ends up ok and one day you enter the forum like this

https://youtu.be/AbsRtuoIDSc

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
rip to your little baby balls

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What will you bench press first

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
picture of yea ok’s balls

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Welp, I managed to get a super early flight on Wednesday which takes me from England to Frankfurt to a Canadian city three hours from mine to my city, with two four hour layovers.

I chose the Frankfurt connection over a US one due to the US screening protocols, but now I'm worried Germany will close their borders to the UK. Then again, I'm not sure that applies to passers-through.

And we're having a big family gathering tomorrow which seems like a very bad idea.

On the plus side I saw a fox while walking my in-laws' dog so that was something.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah family gatherings right now are not the way to go if you all care about each other

Even if you don't, still a bad idea

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When I get my own place I'm gonna buy every flavor of Gatorade available on the market and see which one I like the best.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
it’s limon pepino

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

When I was a kid I used to promise myself that when I had my own place I would buy one of those cylinders of orange juice concentrate and eat it all by myself as a treat.

Never did. I’m a coward.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
tomorrow i am going to JFK's international terminal for a flight within the country. thanks Delta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Phantom Doctrine still owns. Devil May Cry 3 also owns