Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Did the Mega Man Legacy Collection always have a rewind feature? I decided to start it up again after having ignored it for a year or so, and I found I could rewind by hitting the RB shoulder button on my controller. Did it get an update at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Max Wilco posted:

Did the Mega Man Legacy Collection always have a rewind feature? I decided to start it up again after having ignored it for a year or so, and I found I could rewind by hitting the RB shoulder button on my controller. Did it get an update at some point?
it was originally only in the switch/3DS versions and then they updated the other versions with it

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
SOD2 stank at launch but it is much better now.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

StrixNebulosa posted:

State of Decay 2

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Managed to stay connected to State of Decay 2 multiplayer for 30 mins so maybe the new edition did fix how broken it was.

Xaris posted:

Ehh well it's been working fine except whenever I hit "RT" to supposedly pull/push objects, it brings up the Ability Wheel (LT) so I have to use the keyboard. What the gently caress

this poo poo is seriously getting annoying. Maybe it's the Xbox Game Pass or the game or something, but it's embarrassing that you still need to jump through a bazillion hoops to get a DS4 working without Steam and it still isn't right.

e: If anyone else has an issue: i restarted, closed out everything, went into Steam settings and unchecked every controller option, exited steam, removed any saved controllers, turned off bluetooth, ran DS4windows in admin mode, deleted my old Default profile and created a new one, and now it's working while connected over USB and RT is properly functioning. At least it's working for now.
The only thing you should strictly need to fix it is to make sure DS4Windows is in exclusive mode. That's what Hide DS4 Controller does, but it needs to actually have a check mark under "Ex" on the status screen.

If there's a cross instead you close everything that might possibly be using the controller and reconnect the DS4 until exclusive mode works.

The issue seems to be Ori 2 having half-assed DirectInput support instead of either none or letting you configure it.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Fidel Dungeon Rescue is free over on itch for a couple weeks. I really liked it as a puzzle game and it’s cute.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

K8.0 posted:

Exactly what is there to like about the new UI?

Not having to use the even worse big picture mode.

Also reminder: all relevant launchers can be now added to GOG

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I was surprised to find that you can no longer uninstall games just by right-clicking on them and clicking "uninstall." Now you have to right-click on the game, click on Properties, go to Local Files and then click on "uninstall. Let me tell you, I was pretty winded after all that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Seventh Arrow posted:

I was surprised to find that you can no longer uninstall games just by right-clicking on them and clicking "uninstall." Now you have to right-click on the game, click on Properties, go to Local Files and then click on "uninstall. Let me tell you, I was pretty winded after all that.

Right click, manage, uninstall

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

you can right-click > manage > uninstall you silly goose :frogbon:

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

uh yeah but that's far less exercise :smuggo:

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Aside from that, any recommendations for open world games that don't involve Ubi-style collectathons?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
What specifically is it you desire from the open-worldness? Exploration?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Seventh Arrow posted:

Aside from that, any recommendations for open world games that don't involve Ubi-style collectathons?

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands has atrocious writing and really satisfying tactical shooter gameplay. I believe it's on sale right now on uplay, as is its broken sequel, Breakpoint. (As I understand it Breakpoint is getting a big overhaul later this month.)

Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor is also extremely baller with the orcs being so much fun to fight.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Fair warning about Wildlands: the writing is so racist that the Bolivian government filed an official complaint with Ubisoft about it. Doesn't seem to have helped, but be aware of what you're getting into.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Seventh Arrow posted:

Subnautica

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Hwurmp posted:

Subnautica

Unless you have thelassophobia in which case, you can't physically play this game

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

If you want open worlds, No Man's Sky has literally more than you can ever see in your life.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what if you just have a phobia of lassos

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Then you have to avoid playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
And maybe consider therapy. Just saying.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

If you want open worlds, No Man's Sky has literally more than you can ever see in your life.

What if you got thalassophobia but its space?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Its the biggest ocean there is.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Leal posted:

What if you got thalassophobia but its space?

This is why I stopped playing Outer Wilds. I got to a jump scare (you can probably figure out what I'm talking about) and then exited out and never fired it up again. I should probably go back to that.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Seventh Arrow posted:

Sleeping Dogs

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is why I stopped playing Outer Wilds. I got to a jump scare (you can probably figure out what I'm talking about) and then exited out and never fired it up again. I should probably go back to that.

press on, it's an amazing game and worth seeing to the end

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I can understand getting miffed over that, however, its sort of a bullshit segment that doesn't really gel well with the rest of the game.

Drifting away from your ship and asphyxiating to death is also one hell of an experience, that will also happen multiple times.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's a jump scare in outer wilds?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Andrast posted:

There's a jump scare in outer wilds?

Dark Bramble.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

sirtommygunn posted:

Dark Bramble.

????

I had to stop playing Outer Wilds for fear / anxiety reasons, but Dark Bramble was the ONE planet i did actually finish. It's the most relaxed place in the OW universe.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

HenryEx posted:

????

I had to stop playing Outer Wilds for fear / anxiety reasons, but Dark Bramble was the ONE planet i did actually finish. It's the most relaxed place in the OW universe.

:allears:

That's where the anglerfish live :unsmigghh:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

HenryEx posted:

????

Are you sure you’re thinking of the right one? You don’t finish the bramble until you beat the game.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Any recommendations for turn-based dungeon crawler games? I've already played Starcrawlers, Operation Babel/Abyss, and Mary Skelter.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
just finished playing Doom 2016 for the first time. It’s very good but unfortunately falls short of great. Combat/traversal mechanics are mostly excellent, but feedback from attacking enemies is oddly lacking, and the level design is bland both artistically (levels come in a grand total of two flavors: bland futuristic industrial facility or bland rocky hellscape) and mechanically (there are some bits of interesting platforming here and there, but you’re mostly just getting funneled from combat arena to combat arena, and the game runs out of new weapons and enemy types a decent ways before the end)

Fortunately, Eternal looks like a substantial improvement in every way.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Daraken posted:

Any recommendations for turn-based dungeon crawler games? I've already played Starcrawlers, Operation Babel/Abyss, and Mary Skelter.
Fall of the Dungeon Guardians and Operencia are both pretty decent.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Daraken posted:

Labyrinth of Refrain

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Daraken posted:

Pop open a SNES and play Shin Megami Tensei I+II with their translation patches for an extremely oldschool yet good time.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Doom 2016’s guns sounded so weak

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I'm interested in Fell Seal from this month's Humble Choice, but I have zero interest in any of the other games-- but currently the lowest price for Fell Seal is about the same price as a 3 game sub. Anyone willing to split a bundle with me or sell me their key for a price?

EDIT: Thanks goferchan!

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
finished ori 2. gameplay was solid throughout, got 100% in a hair under 12 hours. though a lot of my victories weren't very graceful, kept rubbing my face on spikes until i could clamber up the extra half-inch needed to get atop a ledge somewhere

i've never been a fan of how saccharine the storytelling in the ori games was, but this one ended well at least