Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Nightingale for smash, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, my phone is being rear end right now but I swear among my recommendations on YouTube I saw a PV for the Camelot movie, so that seems to be happening sometime this year? Or was this a known/sure thing already and I just need to get with the program?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
It's been known for about half a year.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hows the jiggle physics

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Conspiratiorist posted:

It's been known for about half a year.
lmao, always late to the party. :mmmhmm:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Unlimited Blade Works would be a sick Smash stage tbh. Have the platforms be giant swords or the skycogs, and the weather cycle between Archer's moody evening and Shirou's blue skies.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine an Emiya arrangement but with festive trumpets.

That would loving rule.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Wark Say posted:

Imagine an Emiya arrangement but with festive trumpets.

That would loving rule.

Emiya remixed by Toby Fox.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

hows the jiggle physics

Sanzang will be quite a spectacle.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Forget jiggle physics. I can't wait for movie-quality Arash Airlines.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I would summon an Alter Ego class Heisenberg in FGO tbh.
Werner Heisenberg probably qualifies, albeit barely.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just caught up with FGO Babylonia. As someone who doesn't play FGO, in episode 19 what was the meaning of Gorgon reappearing and nuke beaming Tiamat? The exchange between her and Fujimaru seemed kind of random, and it didn't look like she did anything other than break of one of Tiamat's horns which did nothing to slower her down. Also, the appearance of Grand Assassin was pretty loving badass.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 15, 2020

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

Just caught up with FGO Babylonia. As someone who doesn't play FGO, in episode 19 what was the meaning of Gorgon reappearing and nuke beaming Tiamat? The exchange between her and Fujimaru seemed kind of random, and it didn't look like she did anything other than break of one of Tiamat's horns which did nothing to slower her down. Also, the appearance of Grand Assassin was pretty loving badass.

Basically Ana had fused with Gorgon personality wise and both wanted to show up and gently caress with Tiamat. The whole point was that it would do a bit more damage and buy time for the final trap to get set up.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Hunt11 posted:

Basically Ana had fused with Gorgon personality wise and both wanted to show up and gently caress with Tiamat. The whole point was that it would do a bit more damage and buy time for the final trap to get set up.

Ok. That makes sense.

Also, loving Archer Gil outta nowhere? lol

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlternateNu posted:

Ok. That makes sense.

Also, loving Archer Gil outta nowhere? lol

The king is wise and strong and knew fully well that summoning himself at his best was pretty much the best thing to do, I guess. Thankfully, it's still clearly the much less terrible Caster Gilgamesh in personality even if he has Archer Gilgamesh's body.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Gramps is a fan favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krzePKX4lSY

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gramps is a fan favorite.

https://twitter.com/ennuigrl/status/1088218199722770432

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My favorite FGO King Hassan tidbit is that initially when you killed enemies with his Noble Phantasm they just straight up vanished rather than go through a death animation, which was a bug that was fixed but after outcry was put back because it was awesome.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nate RFB posted:

My favorite FGO King Hassan tidbit is that initially when you killed enemies with his Noble Phantasm they just straight up vanished rather than go through a death animation, which was a bug that was fixed but after outcry was put back because it was awesome.

"He kills you so bad you don't even have time to properly die" seems extremely fitting to someone capable of giving death even to beings that should not be able to die. God, King Hassan is so cool.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please, click on the tweet. :mmmhmm:

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Holy poo poo yes click this link.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Holy poo poo yes click this link.

It's the look on her face that does it. :haw:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
for people like me who refuse to click it out of spite

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
After Cursed Arm and Hundred Faces got short shrift in Stay/Night and Zero I'm so happy that Assassin can be cool now.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Shyrka posted:

After Cursed Arm and Hundred Faces got short shrift in Stay/Night and Zero I'm so happy that Assassin can be cool now.

Luckily, Cursed Arm gets his time in the spotlight in Camelot

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Space Flower posted:

for people like me who refuse to click it out of spite

Lol at the ahoge wiggling like a dog's tail

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I completely forgot about this until I saw this video today.

https://twitter.com/mai_emiyagohan/status/1241741430642446338

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Never forget the true, peak performance power of Tohsaka.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I decided to get 428 Shibuya Scramble since it was 10 bucks and it had Nasu as one of the writers.

There’s a character named Leland Palmer.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's a couple twin peaks nods in 428 and not a one of them has a purpose.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think Nasu only wrote a post game sidestory. Still a good game though.

e: is the side story the only officially translated TM visual novel?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well according to VNDB, the visual novel database, Extra, Extella, and Extella Link are visual novels. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
the line between 'visual novel' and 'actual game' can be kinda blurry sometimes. vndb also has blazblue on there for instance, and i kiiinda get why?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
CYOA's are games, so VN's are games. This is what I think in my heart of hearts.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
April Fool's. Here, you'll find, among other things:

- A Holy Grail War that doesn't revolve around violence. For some reason, Guts, Solid Snake, and Yusei Fudo are there.
- An isekai revolving around six Type-Moon protagonists who were summoned to a generic fantasy world.
- A comedy series where Mandricardo has to make 100 friends or the Holy Grail will kill him.
- A horror story with Kohaku, Raikou, and Shuten-Douji whose punchline I cannot discern.

The multiple copyrights Fate/Over the curtain call violates make me think it's some kind of doujin circle instead of an official joke, but stranger things have happened.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is "Erics" Vash the gaddang Stampede in 2020?

EDIT: That's the gaddang Humanoid Typhoon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

All those Servant/Master combinations are amazing.

Also the villain seems to be X/Copy X from Megaman Zero!?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
....is that Dog Knight from Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer as the Lancer's Master? :stare:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lt. Lizard posted:

....is that Dog Knight from Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer as the Lancer's Master? :stare:

Yep.

Pity the poor fool for having the misfortune to have summoned Lu Bu in a non-Berserker class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
A guy nicknamed Dog Knight being teamed up with the most disloyal man in the Later Han is a very good joke.