Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Waco is weird because it’s a small town like very small but it comes up in fiction and news stories way more than it should.

Or it’s one of those things where you notice it and have a self-reinforcing delusion.

Doesn't it have like 150,000 people? I guess I don't consider that a very small town. Maybe very small city? This kinda thing came up with friends during a Twin Peaks rewatch when we realized their tiny Town had 50,000 people but everyone knew each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Transmogrifier posted:

My (36F) husband (40M) called me a "psycho bitch" for demanding the Cinderella castle suite from a Disney customer service rep

This format for introducing a story is the most incomprehensible poo poo and I have to reread it several times before I stop seeing it as "my 36 year-old female husband."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Mauser posted:

This format for introducing a story is the most incomprehensible poo poo and I have to reread it several times before I stop seeing it as "my 36 year-old female husband."

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Transmogrifier posted:

AITA for kicking out my dad and his pregnant wife out of the home I legally own after they sent my depressed sister to live with our aunt?

My (36F) husband (40M) called me a "psycho bitch" for demanding the Cinderella castle suite from a Disney customer service rep

In the first ones were the kids simply sleeping or passed out drunk? I guess one way to end arguments is to use the angry first of god with her comment "I own the house, you're leaving." position but I don't know that anyone is in the right here. The second one is an entitled witch who can't deal with being called out on it. She needs some cognitive realignment.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Transmogrifier posted:

How do they think it feels for me as a parent to tell my children they can't visit THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH because they might get sick and DIE?

This has to be satire STDH.

And yet... it's still plausible :negative:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Tagra posted:

This has to be satire STDH.

And yet... it's still plausible :negative:

Very plausible. My sister in law worked customer service for Disney years ago and had similar stories all the time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

beanieson posted:

Very plausible. My sister in law worked customer service for Disney years ago and had similar stories all the time.

Yeah but they usually don't say things on Reddit like:

quote:

How do they think it feels for me as a parent to tell my children they can't visit THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH because they might get sick and DIE?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
She's already getting a full refund, which is way more than some people get from corona-blocked holidays. I can believe that a crazy disney mother deserves to come out better off than she went in because a global situation happened to affect her disney experience.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Elfface posted:

She's already getting a full refund, which is way more than some people get from corona-blocked holidays. I can believe that a crazy disney mother deserves to come out better off than she went in because a global situation happened to affect her disney experience.

Like, drat, lady. Your kids love you and would be happy making a cardboard box fort with you in the living room. Mama bear ain't gotta leave the den to make the family happy, just stop freakin' out and have fun with the little motherfuckers. You ain't gotta feel like driving them into a lake or some poo poo when thing don't go your way. Rude awakening ahead when the kids don't think you're cool anymore.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bahahhahahhaa that fuckwit who had like 18k bottles of hand sanitizer got help from the state AG to remove it from his storage unit and get it to people who actually need it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HunterHoagland/status/1239214617064288259

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Bahahhahahhaa that fuckwit who had like 18k bottles of hand sanitizer got help from the state AG to remove it from his storage unit and get it to people who actually need it.

:woop:

Schad that benefits everyone else is the best kind of schad.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I haven't washed my hands in weeks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sjs00 posted:

I haven't washed my hands in weeks

Big deal, I've never washed your hands

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Krankenstyle posted:

Big deal, I've never washed your hands

Imagine how much water we've saved nevermind money on hand sanitizer

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

pre-schad

https://twitter.com/BrazilBrian/status/1239233934568931331

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Waco is weird because it’s a small town like very small but it comes up in fiction and news stories way more than it should.

Or it’s one of those things where you notice it and have a self-reinforcing delusion.

Waco does not have the “spacial wadder”.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

This is exactly what I was thinking of and if the above poster is right about it being 150k population—wait for it—Stephen King is bad at doing regional stuff if it’s not in Maine or Florida.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This is just the tastiest schadenfreude.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

All the doomwhining from libertarian BIG GUBBMINT types is just icing on the cake :kiss:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

(a) This is real.
(b) I'm amazed that it's real.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Darth Brooks posted:

(a) This is real.
(b) I'm amazed that it's real.

If you ever listened to the Pixies or played cards you know what Trompe means.

We’re all shocked. The state of New York has a summons for you as a material witness now.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/OuW6ql0.mp4

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/davidrkadler/status/1239207211240501260?s=20

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Squalid posted:

this off smell was the result of a chemical called geosmin which can be released from certain algae that grow in warm-water surface reservoirs. Although unpleasant it is harmless and has nothing to do with murder victims, so its good healthy schad' on those suffering from it. The reason the Waco water treatment system did not already remove it prior to 2012 was not because it 'wasn't filtered,' its just that its difficult and expensive and wasn't prioritized as it's not a health risk. This is fairly typical of the problems with water in the United States. As a result of geography and climate it has to deal with many problems absent in water rich areas like Northern Europe, and because quality is already at a very high standard many popular issues are centered around aesthetic aspects or quality of life issues, rather than public health.

I had to take a business trip to StillWater OK a few years back. I thought the water smelt like absolute garbage and now im starting to wonder if this might be the same effect..?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hmm, looks like prayer warriors are about as smart and effective as keyboard warriors

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
What about God Warriors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOpva_iit-8

Oh god the full episode :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KoAkGy_B3w

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Holy poo poo I feel sorry for those kids :smith:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Robo Reagan posted:

hmm, looks like prayer warriors are about as smart and effective as keyboard warriors

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Greek Orthodox churches in Australia are going to continue communion because they reckon that it's just not possible for the holy chalice to carry disease so they'll be safe:

Former tennis legend and current god-bothering homophobe Margaret Court's Victory Life Church put out a similar statement saying that they're going to continue holding services as usual because it's just not possible for the virus to affect them because Psalm 91:9-10 says “Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling.”
https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/margaret-courts-victory-life-church-says-blood-of-jesus-will-protect-from-coronavirus-c-743688

It really sucks that all those Greek nonnas and pappous and yiayias are going to put in danger because of this but as far as Margaret Court is concerned .... :munch:

Dragonstoned posted:

I've never been able to finish watching that video, it's just so freakin' disturbing :(

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Dragonstoned posted:

Don't worry, that lady is dead!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Grem posted:

If I recall right, the kids basically got the money from the show (or some go fund me) and GTFO.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Former tennis legend and current god-bothering homophobe Margaret Court's Victory Life Church put out a similar statement saying that they're going to continue holding services as usual because it's just not possible for the virus to affect them because Psalm 91:9-10 says “Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling.”
https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/margaret-courts-victory-life-church-says-blood-of-jesus-will-protect-from-coronavirus-c-743688

It really sucks that all those Greek nonnas and pappous and yiayias are going to put in danger because of this but as far as Margaret Court is concerned .... :munch:
Jesus...

You have a head that reminds me of a geoduck...

... and your church is a warehouse. gently caress off you irrelevant bint. (Don't try hitting play on that first one btw, it's just a screencap)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Grem posted:

She's still alive though?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

YggiDee posted:

She's still alive though?

The daughter died

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA7J0KkanzM

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Australian ex-senator Fraser Anning has been declared bankrupt by the federal court today, exactly a year on since Will ‘Eggboy’ Connolly egged him during a public appearance in response to his abhorrent statements on the Christchurch terrorist attacks.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

Now he’s bankrupt, while Egg Boy (as per an excellent BuzzFeed interview with Connolly from today) has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Christchurch community and victims of Australia’s bushfires.

In short: Eat poo poo, Anning.

:ck5:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

Doesn't it have like 150,000 people? I guess I don't consider that a very small town. Maybe very small city? This kinda thing came up with friends during a Twin Peaks rewatch when we realized their tiny Town had 50,000 people but everyone knew each other.

that was pressure from the network

the sign originally read 5000 and change, but the suits thought changing it to 50k would widen the shows appeal somehow

the network interference on that show was truly baffling by today's standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

hawowanlawow posted:

that was pressure from the network

the sign originally read 5000 and change, but the suits thought changing it to 50k would widen the shows appeal somehow

the network interference on that show was truly baffling by today's standards

Haha that makes so much sense. It always felt closer to the town where I grew up (~2000) than a small city.