Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

theadder posted:

i read some of them op

truth be told, so did i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

Kind Friend posted:

for yall that are still being forced to come in for no other reason to please your boss: have you considered organizing your coworkers to refuse? like i know its easier said than done but if there were ever an opportunity...

yup, we all said, cool, working from home anyways

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/EyebrowScar/status/1238866604374491136

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ban for anime etc etc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

ban for anime etc etc

wash your hands before you hit the report button

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

truth be told, so did i

the drug addled immunological knowledge of a pharmaceutical operative op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

ban for anime etc etc

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

wash your hands before you hit the report button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-yH_Qyipc

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Pollyanna posted:

please don’t die :(

i'm sure not planning to anytime soon. thanks, i sincerely appreciate the thought

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

lmao wife had a case at work so now she's quarantined. we prolly have the drat thing

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Neslepaks posted:

lmao wife had a case at work so now she's quarantined. we prolly have the drat thing

p sure my wife has it too now which means i probably do as well.

she also put in her 2 weeks notice uhhh last thursday so lucky her not having to go back at all i guess, but rip me having to go in and clear her desk since i dont have any symptoms.
now i'm just worried about getting crap when i try to add her on to my insurance at the end of the week :smithicide:

edit: yup 14 day quarantine. glad i stocked up on tp

Shaman Linavi fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 15, 2020

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

trip report: had chills last night, not much this morning, but now I'm super fatigued and sore. cough/chest issues are very mild today though

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

companywide email just went out: I'm part of the crew now

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

DuckConference posted:

trip report: had chills last night, not much this morning, but now I'm super fatigued and sore. cough/chest issues are very mild today though

stay away from my elderly relatives!1

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ugh I seem to have gotten a regular cold (snotty nose, sneezes) but not the big fellow - Hopefully I can get rid of this first one before I get an illness combo.

Work is still in the office as far as I'm aware tomorrow, so that's just loving great. I actually have a decent bit of cash set aside for what was going to be a house renovation, maybe I'm going to take some of that ££ and just call in some unpaid leave til this blows over.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

DuckConference posted:

F

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

DuckConference posted:

please post from home in the posting from home thread to avoid spreading it to the rest of us tyia

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well i'm still staying inside so i took it upon myself to watch the entire extended editions of the lord of the rings movies. (NOT the hobbit)

back when they came out i was like "holy gently caress who's gonna watch a four and a half hour movie" but now, in the days of netflix miniserieses, it actually feels about right for a story of this depth

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

apparently all it takes to clean up the venice canals is for people to quit running boats in them for 5 days :unsmith:

like how chernobyl is now a giant fertile wildlife preserve because the radiation is far less disruptive to the environment than just a bunch of people stomping around and doing people things. humans loving suck

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what do they look like normally

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bloody posted:

what do they look like normally

turn your monitor off

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

someone had mixed the test results so the person at wife's job was negative after all :cool:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Neslepaks posted:

someone had mixed the test results so the person at wife's job was negative after all :cool:

what if the mixup was the mixup op

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

well i'm still staying inside so i took it upon myself to watch the entire extended editions of the lord of the rings movies. (NOT the hobbit)

back when they came out i was like "holy gently caress who's gonna watch a four and a half hour movie" but now, in the days of netflix miniserieses, it actually feels about right for a story of this depth

i once sat through a marathon of all three extended editions at a local movie theater. it was cool and worked out for me because i still had not yet seen return of the king, but at the same time holy poo poo was i ready to GTFO by the end

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/blockedtbygod/status/1238947483369209856

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Neslepaks posted:

it's amazing that there have been like five total tests and they still managed to gently caress this up

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i marathoned the extended editions with a friend once, it was fun until somewhere during return of the king? i feel like it becomes a grind at the end

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

who's voting this thread one :confused:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
still less of a grind than the books, though

there's a sort of existential dread you feel when you turn the page and see the start of another frodo+sam chapter

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

PIZZA.BAT posted:

who's voting this thread one :confused:

some salty sob who can’t wfh is my guess :cool:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Jabor posted:

still less of a grind than the books, though

there's a sort of existential dread you feel when you turn the page and see the start of another frodo+sam chapter

ah, four magical pages of dwarven poetry, i think i'll want to read this part twice

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

might try grocery shopping tomorrow, but don't really want to add to the overburdened stores. i'm pretty frustrated by how even coworkers are telling everyone to stash as much as they can. shut up you dummies.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Welp, now the bar I go to is closed, the person I'm closest to in the world is immunocompromised, so I can't see her, and my wife, who lives a block away from me helps take care of her elderly parents, so I can only talk with her electronically. I'm so fortunate and have nothing to complain about, but it feels so sad. At least I get to have a phone session with my new therapist tomorrow.

For groceries I usually go about 5 in the morning when safeway opens and it's been fine. I don't understand the run on toilet paper and I sure don't understand the run on bottled water, not that I buy that anyway. I use a britta filter and try not to add any more waste plastic to the environment sides the tons I carelessly and inadvertently do anyway. What the hell is wrong with us?

In the morning I'll write up updated instructions for the folks who need to RDP into work and especially how to scope inbound traffic through the VPN which we've beefed up bigly this week.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

big scary monsters posted:

ah, four magical pages of dwarven poetry, i think i'll want to read this part twice

lol if you didn't learn in your first LOTR read through that italics just meant 'eye-scroll to the next bit of regular text'

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dude just walked in complaining about high fever and cough and i’m like self isolate and he’s like “but I haven’t been overseas”

god working on the front lines here is hosed. emails about how bad it is and precautions etc but the general public are unfazed and ignorant

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

all the big tech firms in the seattle area are now in 'wfh unless you have to mode', for at least the rest of the month.

i got a laptop, yubikey, and hail e satan's pretzel recipe so i think i'm fully prepared. i'll report back on the results of my first batch.

i turned on my oven monitor. rating b+

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park
update: much to the (I imagine) chagrin of the people saying "there's only 5 cases in the state, people are overreacting, we'll be fine" there was a confirmed case found in my office building. now no one has to come in

still have to get your wfh form approved and signed though

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i turned on my oven monitor. rating b+

post the recipe

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Fuzzy Mammal posted: