Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Arzachel posted:

It's kinda pricey for what you get but the single player stuff is pretty nice. Load times were brutal on ps4 but barely noticable when running off an ssd on my system. I think coop is bugged to always put the second player on keyboard but other than that I haven't noticed any pc port jank.

"kinda pricey" = $60 Game + $30 Character DLC

Ugh, I really wanted this poo poo and I'm literally too poor atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Apparently the game + season pass is $15 in my region (I take it "Granblue Fantasy: Versus - Character Pass Set" includes the game?) so if the SP is any good I'll get it.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Azran posted:

Apparently the game + season pass is $15 in my region (I take it "Granblue Fantasy: Versus - Character Pass Set" includes the game?) so if the SP is any good I'll get it.

No, that's just the DLC. Sorry. :shrug:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Elephunk posted:

"kinda pricey" = $60 Game + $30 Character DLC

Ugh, I really wanted this poo poo and I'm literally too poor atm.

it's $80 if you buy the game + season pass version, which also gives you all the color pack dlc as well.

but yes, AAA priced game, and worth it imo

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
how far we've come from xtekkens 12 characters for 20 dollars being an outrage

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

darealkooky posted:

how far we've come from xtekkens 12 characters for 20 dollars being an outrage

The freaking good ol' days. I think that was because Harada was insistent that Tekken would never have paid DLC but come on, no one's immune anymore. Even Harada has bosses.
EDIT: Mistook that for just Tekken and remembering people being upset about it when those finally got paid DLC characters, sorry. In hindsight SxT could have been a lot worse but there was a lot more about them being proven to be finished and on-disc.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 14, 2020

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Well, for SFxT it was a transitional period and they were trying to at least keep a pretense of DLC being that extraneous thing that didn't impede on "normal" development which led them to say work on the extra characters hadn't started until after the main game, which was easily disproved when they were found, not quite complete but still very functional, on disk. This was also not quite the full digital age yet so there was a feeling that if they'd been shipped on the physical disk it was fair game to unlock them with cheats instead of money.

For GBVS there's no pretense or even vague discourse that at least 10 DLC characters weren't planned from the get go, which simplifies arguing about it a great deal since they can't be accused of bad faith.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should have waited the year and finished the roster then instead of selling the game for 120 dollars

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Well, you can wait until the end of the year and buy it then. It's not like there's any kind of special deal for buying it early (remember back in the Xrd Sign days, when Elphelt was free for the first month or something? Those were the times).

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Chev posted:

Well, you can wait until the end of the year and buy it then. It's not like there's any kind of special deal for buying it early (remember back in the Xrd Sign days, when Elphelt was free for the first month or something? Those were the times).

Waiting 9 months to buy a niche anime fighter with bad netcode and hoping the player base is still there is... definitely an option.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I mean, the people who care are still gonna be there for the new characters, and the people who don't weren't buying it in the first place.

While I'm at it:

Booyah- posted:

it's $80 if you buy the game + season pass version, which also gives you all the color pack dlc as well.
Only half the color packs, actually, at least on Steam.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Chev posted:

I mean, the people who care are still gonna be there for the new characters, and the people who don't weren't buying it in the first place.

While I'm at it:

Only half the color packs, actually, at least on Steam.

Yeah looks like it's the color packs for the base characters, the dlc characters have their own color pack. It's still way cheaper than buying the base game, then buying the season pass (which doesn't include the packs sold separately)

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Azran posted:

Re-quoting because I just checked on PSN and that actually is the name of the version with the complete game, at least in the US. That's nuts. What region are you in?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

funfact: 2nd impact and 3rd strike came out six months apart on dreamcast and were 80 dollars each

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

HerniaFlange posted:

Re-quoting because I just checked on PSN and that actually is the name of the version with the complete game, at least in the US. That's nuts. What region are you in?

Argentinian Steam. If it makes you feel better, the Resident Evil 3 remake is around 100 USD here, after tax :v: Sadly PS Store has no regional pricing so FGs there are prohibitively expensive, at least for me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If anyone did get it on Steam, does it have a decent enough playerbase that you can just get random casual matches whenever you want?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Its running a pretty solid 4k people ingame since launch.

https://steamdb.info/app/1090630/graphs/

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

If anyone did get it on Steam, does it have a decent enough playerbase that you can just get random casual matches whenever you want?

The big question is what are they going to do in a year or so when there's not as many non-lobby games to do placements to unlock lobby games?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Endorph posted:

funfact: 2nd impact and 3rd strike came out six months apart on dreamcast and were 80 dollars each

2nd Impact was worth it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bring back Sean

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not in a new SF game I just mean bring him back

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
monkeys paul curls

https://www.twitter.com/PlayTeppen/status/1213158131460722694

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd rather he be in a card game than sfv

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Go read the manhua where Sean gets the dark hadou and Ryu/Ken/Guile tag-team him off a cliff and then someone tears the head off his corpse and rebuilds him as a cyborg

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Reiley posted:

The big question is what are they going to do in a year or so when there's not as many non-lobby games to do placements to unlock lobby games?

Having to unlock lobbies seems like uniquely terrible design.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Having to unlock lobbies seems like uniquely terrible design.

It's goofy yeah, i wanted to play some casuals with a friend yesterday and i was forced to play 5 bot games and 2 match making games before I got the option.

Other than that 20 minute detour before I was allowed to play with my friends I've been really enjoying it though

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Go read the manhua where Sean gets the dark hadou and Ryu/Ken/Guile tag-team him off a cliff and then someone tears the head off his corpse and rebuilds him as a cyborg

Manhua is a blessing. This is up there with when Billy Kane drinks Goenitz' blood and becomes ***RIOT OF THE BLOOD BILLY*** and clowns Geese/Krauser/Omega Rugal for an entire issue.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

$60 for 11 characters and delay based netcode... I am unable to justify this purchase and believe me I have tried very hard to do so.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Savage For The Winjun posted:

$60 for 11 characters and delay based netcode... I am unable to justify this purchase and believe me I have tried very hard to do so.

I have a bit of buyer's remorse for the PSN version. The game is fun, but I struggle to find good connections and buying the DLC characters feels like throwing good money after bad.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
Stop buying fighting games with bad netcode

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bathtub Cheese posted:

but then how am i supposed to play fighting games

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Oh sure, NOW you tell me

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Bathtub Cheese posted:

All of them have bad netcode????!!!?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Stop buying fighting games

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the year is 2021. the only fighting game is fantasy strike

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Play mk

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
hot take: gbvs is good

e: netcode and pricing model are questionable or w/e, i just like the game

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
I didn't say stop playing them

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

dhamster posted:

hot take: gbvs is good

e: netcode and pricing model are questionable or w/e, i just like the game

It's probably a safe bet that any AAA fighter in the future should be expected to cost 80-90USD at launch. Samurai Shodown probably only let people get the first season pass for free because they were concerned that they didn't have enough clout to get away with charging for it on release in the US; I know for a fact that you had to buy it no matter what in Japan, probably most Asian countries were the same, I think Europe got the free offer. I'd say the only thing you can do at this point is demand actually good netcode if they're going to expect you to pay that much at launch just to make sure you keep up with the roster. Throw that price and how obvious it is back in their faces. And they'll promptly ignore it because they know most people will pay it no matter what.

Bathtub Cheese posted:

I didn't say stop playing them

I said it, no worries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Bathtub Cheese posted:

:thunk: