Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

played an short hike and despite what i thought going in, turns out "not for me"

frog detective however, absolutely rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This reminded me that I downloaded the Rockstar launcher for the free copy of San Andreas and never played it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it should be a crime to make me falsely excited for castlevania news

Random Stranger posted:

It's a very loose adaptation of a 600 year old book. Anyone can just make their own. In fact, the Konami series aren't the only games released under the title Suikoden, the NES game Bandit Kings of Ancient China also had that title in Japan.

i want that universe specifically back, though. there's a reason why tierkreis and the other one that didn't even get localized failed.

hell if furyu can get the original writer back for a failed saga clone sequel that still somehow got a port off of the 3DS, then if somebody not-konami had suikoden maybe they'd come back.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Relax Or DIE posted:

everyone mock me, the idiot, who bought a doom eternal key on greenmangaming without paying close enough attention and so now i own it on the bethesda launcher

Oh,

rear end.

I did the same

I didn't think we could be fully immersed in the DOOM experience but here we are making pacts with the devil

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

it should be a crime to make me falsely excited for castlevania news

I liked how even among all the good things this rumor mentions not only does it have no news about some sort of new 2D Castlevania, but instead the dream would seemingly be trying for the fourth time to make 3D-movement Castlevania work well enough that it could finally satisfy the majority of the people who play it.

An effort that would span four decades

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
CastleVRania

A whip basically solves the issue where motion controlled weapons feel wrong with no proper feedback

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also you should all watch Castlevania on Netflix if you haven't.

It is real real good.

(Plus it gives me excuse to repost this remix of Vampire Killer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkzENGzjN8

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
"the whip felt good in VR but being hit by a Medusa head mid jump and falling back to the bottom of the clock tower made me actually vomit"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Imagine the super castlevania 4 rotating stage but in first person vr

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also fangin to play Fury of Dracula again.

Difficulty is getting a group of 5 happening.

Tabletop did a solid video of the game in action if you want to check it out, it's what made me buy it in the first place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kU__uZDYTI

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

there's already a castlevania arcade game where you swing the whip

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I watched an episode of Ride with NORMAN REEDUS and he seems like a rly chill dude

I can see why kojima got a crush on him. I hope silent hills is real and comes out before we all die

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Fury of Dracula whips rear end but like most games of that type it's really vulnerable to quarterbacking on the hunter team

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Last game of Fury I played I went toe-to-toe with Dracula and basically merc'd the poo poo out of him until he disappeared. He won the game with sub 5 health.

Just an incredible feeling knowing you're a glass cannon and getting Dracula, who can very well just straight up murder you, to flinch and run away like a bitch.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SeXReX posted:

CastleVRania

A whip basically solves the issue where motion controlled weapons feel wrong with no proper feedback

well not at all the same but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvzan3IQoac

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
CastleRavenia

This time the Belmonts are funky

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dragon Quest Builders 2 you get a dog to help you hunt for seeds and you can pet the dog as well.

This game is very good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
DQB2 is a very powerful game in stressful times. It just wants you to have fun.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

precision posted:

DQB2 is a very powerful game in stressful times. It just wants you to have fun.

apparently this game is on steam and i'm gonna download the demo of it and then probably regret spending the last $$ of my christmas gift card on path of exile cosmetics

i got some cool wings and a zombie dog though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

apparently this game is on steam and i'm gonna download the demo of it and then probably regret spending the last $$ of my christmas gift card on path of exile cosmetics

i got some cool wings and a zombie dog though

May 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/relaxducat/status/1150630312252022784?s=20

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The worm has like a cockney accent it owns

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Konami selling off those IPs would be the death knell for them as a video game company.

Like they very much still have Poker Machine/Pachinko divisions they can create new games off of to retain the IP, and it wouldn't take much to release a freemium mobile app of whatever IP they wanted.

People are suckers for freemium
*Launches Marvel Strike Force for the 10th time this morning*

They don't need to sell the IP, they can sell rights for the development of games, could they not?

The IPs are all still worth money. If another studio wanted to pay them while they kept the ability to make garbage gambling machines and mobile apps, I can't possibly imagine why they'd say no other than thinking they could get more money from another studio.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

why would sony kill another 1000 people and spend another trillion dollars developing someone elses IP, sony doesn't need to do that

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Imagine the super castlevania 4 rotating stage but in first person vr

Stop I can't get more aroused

homeless snail posted:

why would sony kill another 1000 people and spend another trillion dollars developing someone elses IP, sony doesn't need to do that

I value metal gear rising 2 more than I do 1000 people. :colbert:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The rumor doesnt make sense in general to me since Sony has strong IPs of their own and like 15 different studios to make new ones and Konami is the most profitable theyve ever been.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

The rumor doesnt make sense in general to me since Sony has strong IPs of their own and like 15 different studios to make new ones and Konami is the most profitable theyve ever been.

It doesn't have to make sense if it's what people want to hear.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So I have done a little bit more in breath of the wild. Got my sheikah slate fully up to date with all the runes (I have been a nature photographer for a bit) and now the game is saying "Go off and find memories/get stronger/do divine beasts".

I am a little overwhelmed. There is still so much of the map uncovered and big groups of enemies around and those slowly waking guardians that I feel woefully under powered and have no idea what I should be doing.

Does anyone have any vague as possible tips for what I should focus on? I know you all said do my own thing but I genuinely am not sure what that is due to the scope.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

VideoGames posted:

So I have done a little bit more in breath of the wild. Got my sheikah slate fully up to date with all the runes (I have been a nature photographer for a bit) and now the game is saying "Go off and find memories/get stronger/do divine beasts".

I am a little overwhelmed. There is still so much of the map uncovered and big groups of enemies around and those slowly waking guardians that I feel woefully under powered and have no idea what I should be doing.

Does anyone have any vague as possible tips for what I should focus on? I know you all said do my own thing but I genuinely am not sure what that is due to the scope.

Clearing Divine Beasts get you a special ability for each one, so pick whichever one you find most interesting then start meandering in its direction, looking for shrines on the way.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

The best advice I can give is to just pick a random direction and start walking towards it; I guarantee you'll come across something interested every 5min

There is just simply so much to see and to do, that you're unlikely to even scratch the surface of your initial plaaythrough, and the sheer act of discovery is what sets BotW apart from other games.

It's less a sandbox game, and more of a treasure chest of handcrafted moments for you to uncover and enjoy.

If you want The Recommended Vanilla Route
Zora Domain -> Death Mountain -> Rito Village -> Gerudo Desert.

I went Zora -> Gerudo my first playthrough

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The flying Divine Beast offers a particularly cool power, head there sooner rather than later IMO.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you all. In which case desert terrain is my favourite video game terrain so I am going to try to head to that place I saw from the great plateau that looked like it had cacti in. I think I will just have to try to get a little better at the combat stuff.

I do have a tamed horse though :D I found one with spots and I called them Button.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I am here to shitpost and kill demons, and I'm all out of demons

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I kind of spoiled myself in BotW by summoning Epona via Amiibo pretty much straight away (I mean come on.. it's Epona)

The other amiibo I like using is Wolf Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CfFnLoiLqk

Just a cute little murder puppy to help you out :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
2 major tips for breath of the wild:

1. make sure to get whatever outfits will help you survive around the area without any trouble due to the weather
2. minecarts are bomb powered and do not, in fact, have to be manually moved around or physics'd around with stasis

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I still haven't played BOTW, I kinda have no interest in it.

Slowly putting money aside for a ps5 tho. We got any expected release date for that bad boy? I get the feelin this one is gonna be pricy.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Been playing a lot of San Andreas lately and I really don't get how anyone can say it's worse than Vice City?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tithin posted:

Slowly putting money aside for a ps5 tho. We got any expected release date for that bad boy? I get the feelin this one is gonna be pricy.

Going to likely be delayed due to corona.

Lot of rumblings about models, price points, etc. Nothing concrete.
It feels like it'll be expensive.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gripweed posted:

Ithink the thing about MGS development is that Kojima has a ton of ideas early on, which get narrowed down as they actually make the game. So a lot of stuff people say was "cut" from the game was actually just an idea Kojima had that he eventually dropped because of technical limitations or they didn't fit in with the game as it took shape.
Protip: this is true for "cut" content in most games, not just MGS! The whole "cut" notion, as its name indicates, comes from pre-CGI movie/series production where raw footage is relatively inexpensive to make so you can have a lot of chaff and the movie only really takes shape in the edit room, when you're cutting away everything unnecessary. That's not how, and has never been, how it works in videogame production save for the ones using live action footage foremost, instead assets (the "raw" material) are the most expensive thing to create so the whole pipeline is designed to try and weed things out before the assets get made, through making reams of concept art and then throwing most of it into the nearest trash can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Roth posted:

Been playing a lot of San Andreas lately and I really don't get how anyone can say it's worse than Vice City?

People say it's worse than Vice City?

Like, Vice City is great and I think it can stand on its own just fine but there are parts of it that are just straight up inferior to San Andreas. The only things I've ever seen anyone say are better are that they preferred the more cartoonishly silly persona Tommy had compared to CJ's slightly more serious personality.