Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Four options for the AFLW season too, they will decide tomorrow:

1. To continue the season as planned with no crowds. That would see two more weeks of home and away games followed by three weeks of finals. The AFLW Grand Final is scheduled for April 18, which is Round 5 of the AFL men’s season;

2. To cancel the season now. This appears highly unlikely unless the government steps in;

3. To play a Grand Final this weekend between North Melbourne (conference A) and Fremantle (conference B), and;

4. To start finals this weekend with a top four instead of a top six. This would see North Melbourne host Carlton and Fremantle host GWS. A Grand Final could therefore be played late next week at the earliest

1 please, even if they have to play the rest of the season/finals at the end of the year) or 4.

Forum Joe posted:

Pendlebury cleared, so there’s still a chance of getting a ghost-game on Thursday.

He is infact not cleared yet, results in the next day

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1239442575066451971?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

monolithburger posted:

So, you guys stockpile any good soft drinks?

There are no good soft drinks.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

Delay the season and infect all players with the virus and put them in hard lockdown/recuperation/training for 4 weeks (preseason stage 2: Pandemic edition). Resume season in closed stadiums. Football crisis averted.

Boris?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I expect them to push the start of the season back 7 weeks. Honestly, if we cant get things back to a working society in that period of time we are going to have a lot more to worry about then the footy.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Chairchucker posted:

There are no good soft drinks.

Kombucha is the only good soft drink now.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Slobbo asking Gil if the Coronavirus could cost gil his job and how long it will take for the AFL to deal with Corona, seriously punchdrunk poo poo.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Slobbo wants to try drinking the Coronavirus

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Just tuned into 360 because of those posts.

Man, slobbo... I had a whole summer without him.

Super majority of players have voted to play Round 1 this weekend. ~20% said no.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Never forget that players would sell their first born in a heartbeat if it was the cost of playing football

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Seriously that Slobbo interview with Gil on 360 tonight was bad, even by his standards. How does he still have a job? Asking Gil how long the coronavirus will impact the AFL for and there’s just this awkward silence before Gil is like “I really don’t know, if I did I’d be advising Canberra”.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol if you watch or listen to any AFL based media

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Forum Joe posted:

Pendlebury cleared, so there’s still a chance of getting a ghost-game on Thursday.

drunkill posted:

He is infact not cleared yet, results in the next day
Football's not cancelled yet - Pendlebury's been officially cleared
https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1239713117732388864

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The players will happily play in the middle of a pandemic, in front of an empty stadium, because nothing else in their lives comes close to how much they care about actually playing, and they'll still demand their share of your ticket price while you're locked out

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

The players will happily play in the middle of a pandemic, in front of an empty stadium, because nothing else in their lives comes close to how much they care about actually playing, and they'll still demand their share of your ticket price while you're locked out

source you’re quotes

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

realbez posted:

source you’re quotes

the response from the players today was "no we want 22 rounds not 17!" which is mind boggling dense at this early stage of the pandemic

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s a union they aren’t going to let the afl reduce their pay without some sort of push back. The AFL said they have 40 weeks to get 17 rounds out. If that’s the case then why not try to get the 22?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

realbez posted:

It’s a union they aren’t going to let the afl reduce their pay without some sort of push back. The AFL said they have 40 weeks to get 17 rounds out. If that’s the case then why not try to get the 22?

Here’s a galaxy brain take for them: push for a 17 week season and say the league should absorb the hit not players

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Here’s a galaxy brain take for them: push for a 17 week season and say the league should absorb the hit not players

Yeah that’s the ideal solution for them but it isn’t a very strong opening position because it just becomes a public sledging match about who is being more greedy and it is never the union that wins that debate.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

The current pace is already hell on the bodies of the players, there's no way they can increase the cadence of the season, later in the year into the warmer months, without destroying their bodies.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That isn’t the point.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hey I’m as much of a get the guillotine than the next guy but could the AFL actually afford this?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

teacup posted:

Hey I’m as much of a get the guillotine than the next guy but could the AFL actually afford this?

Anybody know what % of revenue the clubs pocket and how much goes to players? Even the NBA/NFL is barely 50/50.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/SENBreakfast/status/1240023438997127168?s=20

Deal will be for club/afl members only.

Only because no live sport is being played but they do have VODs and docos.

Tomorrow night game is going ahead, players have been told.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Did admit I was thinking about cancelling because, well, it's ALL cancelled. Maybe only esports left. :laugh:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Speaking of esports, clubs are getting restless without the green light from the afl.

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1239824646691676168?s=19

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1240175198063579142

Also, goddammit Brisbane
https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1240137828211834886?s=19

And more swampthing stats:
https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1240084466841731072?s=19

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 18, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:siren: Goon Golden Spoon 8 Draft is in 5 minutes :siren:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gill’s about to face the media, I’ve got a feeling this will mean delays.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

harperdc posted:

Gill’s about to face the media, I’ve got a feeling this will mean delays.

nah round 1 will go ahead

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Oh Melbourne...

Prelims for the AFLW this weekend, top 2 of each conference only.

https://twitter.com/NicNegrepontis/status/1240197650604912640

Edit: VVV Teams came out 2 hours ago.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 18, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Give us the teams already, I need to settle my Supercoach side and the cutoff is right before I get home tomorrow :argh:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Thus, Richmond have won the 2020 AFLW wooden spoon in a winless inaugural season (with their final two games cancelled)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
footy footy footy footy

:getin:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Footy is p hosed if you ask me

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Oh Melbourne...

Prelims for the AFLW this weekend, top 2 of each conference only.

https://twitter.com/NicNegrepontis/status/1240197650604912640

Edit: VVV Teams came out 2 hours ago.

Theyve since corrected this and said top 4 from each conference, thus gold coast make their first finals series!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

Theyve since corrected this and said top 4 from each conference, thus gold coast make their first finals series!

Welp.

Of course the AFL had to gently caress something up.

https://twitter.com/DanielCherny/status/1240211519322722304?s=19

Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Collingwood are into the finals then.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel we’re about equally likely to drop out in the first round as we are to win the whole thing.

Interesting to see if they go with round 1 of finals being inter or intra conference.

Brackets will either be:

NTH v COL
GWS V MEL

FRE V BRI
CAR V GCS

or

NME V GCS
GWS V BRI

FRE V COL
CAR V MEL

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Footy is p cool.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
This is dumb and shouldn't be happening.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

Hard disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Footy is a good thing and I want to be excited for the season starting but

snoremac posted:

I completely agree. It really seems like they think the iceberg is going to move at the last second.