Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Hopefully gonna be playing Doom and Animal Crossing if the post doesn’t shut down before Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Destiny 2 on Steam is a 90GB download. 90GB! I'm so out of touch with modern-day gaming, I had no idea files were this big for PC games.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I'm a stay at home mom to a 18 month old so I've basically been socially distanced for the last year and half anyway so this isn't a big disruption to my routine. My husband's company can go to one-hundred percent WFH without trouble, and since he's home and can entertain our son I can get a lot more housework done. My goal this week is to get caught up on laundry and then give the bathroom a good cleaning. Mr Ralph just got a book about how to make our home more energy efficient so that will be his project for the next month or so.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Binge watching Kingdom. :zombie:

cnut
May 3, 2016

drugs, alcohol, tunes

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

I'm full time in med tech school right now while only working one half shift a week at a hospital so it was pretty easy for me to just dip when poo poo got too goofy, which was last Wednesday. It was wild going from the first patient just the Monday before with people joking about it still and having a good time, to basically sheer panic on Wednesday as someone close was presumed infected. School was still open on Thursday where they crammed 25 of us into tiny half-sized class rooms for hours to take exams. I wore a paper mask out of desperation. The atmosphere was very tense. Unbelievably they send us back to our clinical hospital the next day, but basically cancel them halfway through the day and send everyone home.

so its been unbelievably excellent being able to just smoke a ton of weed. currently just catching up on a ton of movies, while also checking out some old poo poo. ikarie xb-1, forbin project, outbreak, lego movie, who is America. actually playing music again. I hope we get some sick plague times mix tapes out of this bullshit.

Heck yeah. My wife is an RN at one of my city's big hospitals, thankfully (maybe) she works the 9 to 5 in one of the non-emergency old people clinics. So I'm hoping they just shut it down at the end of the day today because the patients are all canceling their appointments to stay away from the hospital.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm a stay at home mom to a 18 month old so I've basically been socially distanced for the last year and half anyway so this isn't a big disruption to my routine. My husband's company can go to one-hundred percent WFH without trouble, and since he's home and can entertain our son I can get a lot more housework done. My goal this week is to get caught up on laundry and then give the bathroom a good cleaning. Mr Ralph just got a book about how to make our home more energy efficient so that will be his project for the next month or so.

Cleaning is a good idea. I'll assign tile scrubbing to the kids for tomorrow.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Getting paid to work at home.

That amounts to doing some online courses and probably drinking a lot. Government jobs: gently caress yeah!

Feb 2, 2005
Librarian here. Library is obviously closed for the foreseeable future. Maintaining a link to my patrons via posting cool / useful stuff on our FB page.

And playing Witcher 3 motha fuckaaaaas

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Working from home. Drinking heavily. Listening to the wife cry herself to sleep every night while we tell the kids everything's going to be fine.
I guess the "good" news is that the wife was laid off indefinitely yesterday but I'm actually happy about it because she worked managing a bar in DC and we were sleeping in separate bedrooms to prevent both of us from getting sick at the same time.

I bought a shotgun which I am picking up tomorrow so I've got that going for me I guess.

I know there's a lot of shitposts including myself but putting it out there my dumbass is here to chat if you need someone to talk to.

Same goes for anybody. Let's help each other out goons! We will get through this. :hfive:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
working on the farm, getting drunk, same as always

it's taken some finagling to figure out how to deliver my customers' orders, but all of it is paid for in advance, and orders have not slackened, but rather increased.

also i'm saving alot on gas for delivery runs

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain
Non-stop zyn intake while I try to work from home and bourbon every night.

I realized I have to be awful to try and work from home with since I scream swears at my computer all day between peels of maniacal laughter. Wife must really love it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think they are closing all of our government owned liquor stores for the duration of the quarantine... But I haven't had a drop in almost a month so whatever.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Quote posted:

And playing Witcher 3 motha fuckaaaaas

Good idea, I never finished Blood and Wine...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Time to install that wow classic lmao

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I’m a dentist and I’m sure I’ll catch this poo poo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

My dentist and my optometrist both cancelled all the appointments, apparently in accordance to their professional guild or association or whatever

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
I'm considering resubbing to Final Fantasy 14.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
If i lose access to booze i will probably die soon. might should stock up, which would be challenging since i only drink beer

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tim Whatley posted:

I know there's a lot of shitposts including myself but putting it out there my dumbass is here to chat if you need someone to talk to.

Same goes for anybody. Let's help each other out goons! We will get through this. :hfive:

Thanks, appreciate it. Wife is mostly terrified for her parents who are in their mid-70s. Her dad had a triple bypass last year and she's just stressed beyond belief. I realize the gun comment sounded ominous upon re-reading my post but it wasn't intended as such (it's for home defense - I honestly don't like guns).

Anyway, after today she'll be stuck at home with the kids and I, and after a few days we can resume sleeping in the same bed so there's a silver lining to the situation.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Punching cones and jacking it

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Playing Phantasy Star IV

Digitizing my collection of old VHS tapes which has a lot of old footage from Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Fox Kids, etc with the purpose of finding somewhere to stream it. Figured it might help people to fall into some warm nostalgia in times like these.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Working from home and starting the Uncharted series for the first time. I figure 4 games is a good quarantine project.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jerkin and fuckin

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
LSD

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Mostly chores around the house and long-shelved projects that I've meant to take care of but neglected. A neighbor of mine was re-working his front steps since he's also at home during this.
Might as well get that stuff knocked out now, since who knows how long this will last. If I get all my projects and such wrapped up I guess I'll either scare up new projects or just play video games and watch movies.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Cleaning, fixing, and organizing my house. Taking online classes through Udemy to better learn Excel and to obtain my six sigma greenbelt. Listening to lots of podcasts. Playing classical guitar. Phantasy Star 4 kicks rear end by the way.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, just my usual routine, wake up, touch myself, brush my teeth, touch myself again, shower(while touching myself some more), go on the computer for the express purpose of touching myself some more, and then eventually it gets late, and I go to sleep possibly while touching myself again.

jeromas
Aug 30, 2007

All full. Is that it? Naw, I don't think so. I think you're too scared to be eatin'.
College Slice
I work in I.T. so have been pretty busy taking care of my company's sudden need for more work-at-home productivity tools, which now they seem to have the budget for. My school switched to online classes, but since this week is officially Spring Break, I've been working a little, playing a lot of PUBG and Warzone, and drinking plenty of Voodoo Ranger.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Wife just quit her job to start a sole proprietorship and it's going...okay. She's a homebody and very focused and not easily distracted. My work transitions well to WFH so that's what I'm doing, although it hasn't been mandated. Not by our company, anyway. But my county and 5 other surrounding counties just implemented a shelter in place, not allowing travel except to non-elective doctor appointments, essential work, or emergency/essential government services. I'm not a homebody and this is going to be tough, but the fact that I'm not going to have FOMO since there's nothing to MO means I can spend some time on hobbies I've been neglecting, like learning harmonica, banjo, or ASL, working on some crafty things and some vocal practice, and reading some of the hundred or so books on our shelves that I haven't read (both of us are book nerds, but we like different things so when we combined our collections we had not read most of each other's books--yay free library!).

Edit: I live in a smallish town just outside of a major metropolitan area and my community prides itself on its small businesses--shops, services, restaurants, breweries--there are almost no chains here outside the odd fast food place, pharmacy, or grocery store. I am very concerned for them and their workers during this time. I already visit restaurants regularly and tip well, and am planning on buying some gift cards for later use when things level off, but if some of the small businesses here can't survive it's going to suck for our community--both its residents and the overall vibe. If anyone has any suggestions on how I, a corporate stooge, can help, I'd love to hear them.

Maggie Fletcher fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 16, 2020

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

it's for home defense - I honestly don't like guns.

I applaud you for taking this responsibility. And I highly encourage you to find a gun person to show you the basics of ownership/safety.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

If i lose access to booze i will probably die soon. might should stock up, which would be challenging since i only drink beer

You could buy one of those learn to brew beer at home kits and become a pro at it.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

My quarantine has been breached, this guy broke into my garage and couldn't get back out:

I had to pick him up to get him out, hopefully cats can't spread coronavirus cause he's out roaming the neighborhood now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

spacetoaster posted:

I applaud you for taking this responsibility. And I highly encourage you to find a gun person to show you the basics of ownership/safety.

I have a very intense friend who is ...extremely into all things 2nd amendment and an outdoor range nearby. I should be good. Now I'm just praying I never have to use it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Star Trek

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm smoking weed and jacking off big time.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Pick posted:

Star Trek

Gunna finish deep space 9

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

until my pet food gets in: panicking a bit

after that: I have pastures to fence, books to write, and work from home anyhow. So long as I have access to electric, animal supplies, and me supplies, it won't be any different than usual. I can always push the horse's training a bit faster if we run out of gas, hitch him up to the wagon and trot him up to the grocery store and feed store.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, got a pantry full of food, and I've got a friend with a gun who's willing to mercy kill me if I need it, so I'm pretty set.

Been taking the time to mess around making guitar pedals, and I've got a neck and some pickups to start on an actual guitar. Once Doom and Animal Crossing come out though, my wife and I aren't doing jack dick but playing videogames until the world ends.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

until my pet food gets in: panicking a bit

after that: I have pastures to fence, books to write, and work from home anyhow. So long as I have access to electric, animal supplies, and me supplies, it won't be any different than usual. I can always push the horse's training a bit faster if we run out of gas, hitch him up to the wagon and trot him up to the grocery store and feed store.

Good luck on the writing.

We've got a big dumb mule that can pull a cart. Horses seem like a lot of work.

Frank Frank posted:

I have a very intense friend who is ...extremely into all things 2nd amendment and an outdoor range nearby. I should be good. Now I'm just praying I never have to use it.

You're going to make his/her day.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Working from home, took the big boy work mac home with me. I do graphics so there's literally no reason not to work from home in the first place, but the CEO is an old man who doesn't understand such things and probably had to be massively guilted into this because of the loving pandemic. Other than that it's battling for groceries so I can cook, gaming, writing, maybe working on some UI projects at home, and stinking up the place while I sit in front of my computer like a horrible goblin in pajamas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Good luck on the writing.

We've got a big dumb mule that can pull a cart. Horses seem like a lot of work.

He's a miniature so I like to say he's a little bit of a lot of work :3: But he's very, very good. The neighbors also have a donkey and a cart, so at least our area has alternate methods of getting around. I loving love mules. Casually looking for one or a large horse right now. Probably still not going to risk getting stuck a state over from my farm to go to the auction on Saturday, though.

I write professionally and I deeply appreciate the wish of luck. I'm so twitchy over all of this, it's a bitch to concentrate. But I think everybody feels like that right now.