Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

didn't include Collateral...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh poo poo, Under the Dome complete series on DVD is only 19 bucks on Amazon! If there's anybody who is stuck at home and really stressed about this whole virus thing, get in on that. It is the dumbest show ever made, it will destroy all other thoughts in your head. You can't worry about the virus when you're thinking about a guy getting knocked unconscious by a small swarm of butterflies, or the mysterious glowing egg with it's own smaller dome, or just the word "dome" over and over again

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

On a related note have you seen Kinji Fukasaku's Virus?

I haven't, but it sounds really good. I added it to the list. It's on Amazon Prime, currently.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Did anyone hit the theater this weekend? I'm too paranoid to have done so.

Yeah. Didn’t seem to be having much effect on the local indie theatre’s crowd but we also haven’t had any cases here yet.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CPL593H posted:

Pffft, look at these Brits thinking their government has the most horribly mismanaged response to a crisis.

USA! USA! USA!

I am not sure it’s the most mismanaged, but it’s certainly a strong contender.

Indeed!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZX6BBA2k2A

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

feedmyleg posted:

Anyone have suggestions for 60s/70s mod-inspired Eurospy flicks? Danger: Diabolik, Kiss the Girls & Make Them Die, that sort of thing.

Modesty Blaise is pretty campy and fun - Monica Vitti, Terence Stamp, Dirk Bogarde, with Joseph Losey directing. And if you're looking for something a little (but only a little) more serious, check out The Quiller Memorandum while you're at it.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Is that a real list of classics? I don't think I've heard of any of those.

Gripweed posted:

Oh poo poo, Under the Dome complete series on DVD is only 19 bucks on Amazon! If there's anybody who is stuck at home and really stressed about this whole virus thing, get in on that. It is the dumbest show ever made, it will destroy all other thoughts in your head. You can't worry about the virus when you're thinking about a guy getting knocked unconscious by a small swarm of butterflies, or the mysterious glowing egg with it's own smaller dome, or just the word "dome" over and over again
I'm sold hahaha

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

fenix down posted:

I'm sold hahaha

It's a joke list, but I'm pretty sure those are all real movies, just ones that were both huge critical and commercial failures.

Save the Last Dance is Julia Stiles playing a ballerina who dates a b boy I think? Two Weeks Notice is a Rom Com with Ryan Reynolds getting sexually harrassed by his boss played by Sandra Bullock.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

therattle posted:

I am not sure it’s the most mismanaged, but it’s certainly a strong contender.

Boris Johnson is now officially on my poo poo list.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1239619993165271045?s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

fenix down posted:

I'm sold hahaha

The best recurring bit is the group of teens investigating the Dome who discover the magic egg become convinced that the Dome wants stuff, and the actions of the Dome and the egg are reactions to stuff happening in the Dome so they run around being like "Don't do this! It's not what the Dome wants!" and it becomes clear pretty much immediately that they're either completely wrong and the Dome is just doing poo poo that sometimes coincidentally corresponds to actions inside of it, or the Dome is schizophrenic.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

fenix down posted:

They're all unfortunately real.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

fenix down posted:

Gregg Turkington's bit in On Cinema is that he's a self proclaimed movie buff but everything that he considers classics are forgettable and middling. Those are all real, but they are also all movies that most people tend to forget about the second they stop watching them.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

Modesty Blaise is pretty campy and fun - Monica Vitti, Terence Stamp, Dirk Bogarde, with Joseph Losey directing. And if you're looking for something a little (but only a little) more serious, check out The Quiller Memorandum while you're at it.

Oh yes, I totally blanked on Blaise for this list, that's perfect. I'll toss Quiller on, too, but I definitely had more of the fun swinging light fare in mind. I also tossed on Operation Kid Brother because I've been meaning to see it forever.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Franchescanado posted:

I haven't, but it sounds really good. I added it to the list. It's on Amazon Prime, currently.

I haven't seen it either but have wanted to for a long time. Just a heads up, there are two cuts of it and one of them is a butchered US version. The proper release is 155 minutes long.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

I haven't seen it either but have wanted to for a long time. Just a heads up, there are two cuts of it and one of them is a butchered US version. The proper release is 155 minutes long.

Ah. Gotcha. The one on Amazon Prime is 1 hr 43

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

fenix down posted:

Quarantine is a good time to get Oscer Fever and start watching the entirety of On Cinema at the Cinema

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Ah. Gotcha. The one on Amazon Prime is 1 hr 43

There's some grey market DVD they sell on ebay for nine bucks from a company called Acme TV Classics. That's the only way I can think of to see it. This is also why I haven't seen it because prior to that it was really hard to find the proper version of this movie at all.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

welp RIP movie theaters

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1239624071064596480?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s good news

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

theaters in my state are being forced to close anyway, so this is a good thing for now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

gey muckle mowser posted:

theaters in my state are being forced to close anyway, so this is a good thing for now

The longer this goes on the fewer of them will reopen

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

gey muckle mowser posted:

Twenty bucks for an on demand rental? They can suck my dick.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Edited cuz it was kinda harsh. But I do think the price is fair

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 16, 2020

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

tbf a lot of theaters wouldn't survive extended closure anyway

but this is going to kill the business model as we know it, at least if more studios follow suit.l

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Won't somebody think of Universal's profit margin!

Seriously though, huff my nuts $20.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Invisible Man is fun and good, but not $20 good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just get a bunch of your friends to throw in a few bucks and watch it together.

Oh right. The virus.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
i don't think $20 is unreasonable relative to the ticket price for theaters, but in a subscription service era I'm not sure people are going to pay that much for all but the biggest releases

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FoneBone posted:

i don't think $20 is unreasonable relative to the ticket price for theaters, but in a subscription service era I'm not sure people are going to pay that much for all but the biggest releases

My indie theater tickets are $9.50. $5 on Tuesdays. $20 is nuts.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's not too unreasonable in good times where you can invite someone over to split the cost.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
in related news

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1239656038414024705

we can probably expect the other major chains to follow suit shortly

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's probably worth noting that people rarely see movies alone, and $20 is roughly the price of two tickets at most places. Hell, I usually pay $30 after Fandango convenience fees.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Edited cuz it was kinda harsh. But I do think the price is fair

I could just wait two months and buy the blu-ray for that.

FoneBone posted:

On demand rentals are never this much money and even the price of the digital copy is less than that. They're acting like this is an act of charity when they're taking advantage of a bad situation. And in some places 20 bucks is relative to the ticket price, but I pay that premium on the basis of seeing it in a movie theater. I'm not going to pay higher than theater ticket prices to watch it on my couch.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Late on switch chat but any of y'all can add me

5496-1239-3892

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I really hope people go "gently caress that" and don't bite, especially since the options are "a movie everyone saw already" or "The goddamn loving Hunt"

Seriously The Hunt might legitimately be one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life, it literally exists solely to rile up 8chan hellfuckers

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's not too unreasonable in good times where you can invite someone over to split the cost.

You're right, it's not unreasonable for group viewings. A lot of people are paranoid about that, though. My friends and I are still doing house-hangs, but even that's arguably risky as of now (since no one can be tested.)

Luckily my friends and I saw Invisible Man a few weeks ago when it came out. Same with Onward. Both are fun.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Good thing I didn’t spring for Regal Unlimited

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The timing on this crisis has been horrible. Actual good things have been happening in my life that I've been wanting to celebrate. I'll be graduating grad school in May. And I have been informed that I got the investigation job that I interviewed for. But that job probably won't start for another month (super long story. They wanted me to apply at a lower position until I successfully fought for the one I interviewed for.) And I got two classes to finish. I wanna be not stressed out about the virus, but that's making it hard to even concentrate on my work and school work. I can't even afford to be bored until May. Just perpetually mentally stressed out. The only good news is that if I do get sick, I'll get paid administrative leave after depleting my meager vacation and sick hours.

My complaints are puny compared to a lot of people who are gonna get hosed, but it sucks to be powerless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah I really hope people go "gently caress that" and don't bite, especially since the options are "a movie everyone saw already" or "The goddamn loving Hunt"

Seriously The Hunt might legitimately be one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life, it literally exists solely to rile up 8chan hellfuckers

hey man

trolls world tour