Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Snowmankilla posted:

It may be bidet time... but is the one you all got like 300 bucks? That is a lot of tp.

I bought this one: https://www.costco.com/bio-bidet-elite3-non-electric-bidet-attachment.product.100015777.html but it is now backordered. So far, we like it. Easy install and my initially skeptical partner will not shut up about how clean their butthole is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I saw at least one FB acquaintance recently mention bidets. I was hoping no one else would really know about them since this thread is the only time I've ever seen it come up for the most part.

Apparently Lowe's has some for like $30 but those have to be pretty rudimentary.

quick edit: oh I see the one you posted is $30 too.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Forgot to mention - nearly empty for any day of the week. Parked right up front and had no line at the checkout.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

Made a trip to the Co.

- No TP, paper towels, or baby wipes (these don't disinfect. Read the label.)
- No hand soap or cleaning supplies. Simple green is available, and plenty of shower soap and shampoo.
- No fresh meat or frozen vegetables. Plenty of frozen meat and fresh vegetables. Seafood all around.
- No white bread, sliced bread, or other processed breads. Full bakery section full of baguettes, croissants, bagels, cakes, pies, and all other manner of regular fresh baked goods.
- Rotisserie chickens available.
- Saw someone buying 200 lb of flour. I hope they own a bakery.
- The lady checking out at the register next to me ask the cashier if Costco opened early for executive members. She was not happy to hear that they did not and that Costco treats all of their members equally.

https://twitter.com/NassauWillem/status/1239337056872140800?s=20

I went to our local Costco equivalent on Friday. Before the almost complete shutdown announced for this Monday. Rice and some pasta were sold out but the cart traffic was barely above average, nothing like this madness.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FogHelmut posted:

Made a trip to the Co.

- No hand soap or cleaning supplies. Simple green is available, and plenty of shower soap and shampoo.
- No fresh meat or frozen vegetables. Plenty of frozen meat and fresh vegetables. Seafood all around.
- No white bread, sliced bread, or other processed breads. Full bakery section full of baguettes, croissants, bagels, cakes, pies, and all other manner of regular fresh baked goods.
- The lady checking out at the register next to me ask the cashier if Costco opened early for executive members. She was not happy to hear that they did not and that Costco treats all of their members equally.

I can't imagine working retail and dealing with Peak Karen

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FogHelmut posted:

Made a trip to the Co.

is it just away from where people live?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol nc-17

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

https://twitter.com/NassauWillem/status/1239337056872140800?s=20

I went to our local Costco equivalent on Friday. Before the almost complete shutdown announced for this Monday. Rice and some pasta were sold out but the cart traffic was barely above average, nothing like this madness.

Oh hey, that's Watford. I've been to the food court there a bunch when I'm in town for work. They have a nice little gardening area out front where they were selling old gnarled olive trees for a song the last time I was there. Couldn't figure out how to get one in my carry on for the flight home though.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Did Costco just stop carrying the 12-packs of 7oz Chicken of the Sea cans of tuna?

Those have been a loving staple of my diet for the last fifteen years, goddammit.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I just picked a pack up last week. They might be temporarily sold out.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Thanatosian posted:

Did Costco just stop carrying the 12-packs of 7oz Chicken of the Sea cans of tuna?

Those have been a loving staple of my diet for the last fifteen years, goddammit.

Costco is pretty good at hiding shortages I notice. When something has been sold out due to Corona virus hoarding they just move other stuff into its place and pretend it was never there.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Virigoth posted:

Gonna go tithe at the pumps tonight but not enter the main sanctuary. I expect very angry rich soccer moms to be prowling about for victims.

Did it get sucked to death by soccer moms but the Costco has lady have my dog a treat :3:

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 17, 2020

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

My Costco (in Fort Wayne, IN) had a fair bit of tuna left yesterday, both the 12-packs and the giant foodservice-sized tins. I picked some up.
No toilet paper, but fucktons of paper towels. We just opened up a new 12-pack, and one of those things lasts my wife and I months, so I didn't bother.
No brown eggs left, only white ones, and limited to 1 per customer.
Sugar and flour were down to bulk bags of 25-50lbs, limit 2. We had just run out of sugar, so I had to make do with a 25er.
Plenty of dairy, fresh/frozen meats and vegetables left.
Lots of booze left, but they ran out of Teeling; all they had left in terms of Irish whisky was 1.75L of Jameson's and KS Irish whisky (which I've heard isn't that great, unlike their scotch and vodka).

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Virigoth posted:

Gonna go tithe at the pumps tonight but not enter the main sanctuary. I expect very angry rich soccer moms to be prowling about for victims.

go on...

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Bum the Sad posted:

Costco is pretty good at hiding shortages I notice. When something has been sold out due to Corona virus hoarding they just move other stuff into its place and pretend it was never there.

:rip: Kirkland light beer

Hardly knew ye

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:rip: Kirkland light beer

Hardly knew ye

Im fine with light beer but that poo poo was absolutely garbage.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Dear Penthouse,

You'll never believe the deal I got on a big piece of meat today.

Did you know Costco sells a 1/4lb hotdog for only $1.50 which includes a drink (with free refill)? Yeah it was incredible and an experience I hope to have again soon.

I also had sexual intercourse with a "cougar" and that was ok I guess.

Yours in Big Meats,

~tangy~

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Im fine with light beer but that poo poo was absolutely garbage.

But it gave us this gem, so all is forgiven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bum the Sad posted:

the wine section was encroaching on the produce area over the weekend. no potatoes, onions, bananas, and only one kind of tomato, but plenty of pinot.

also eggs were out, i ended up getting the cartons of egg whites. i have to wonder how many people are going to be sitting with dozens of rotten eggs in a couple weeks?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Just went tonight. Costco are limiting the number of people who can go inside at once in order to encourage social distancing. Line outside even at 8:20pm right before closing.

Employees seemed nervous. I don’t know if Costco will stay open if things get worse.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mandalay posted:

Just went tonight. Costco are limiting the number of people who can go inside at once in order to encourage social distancing. Line outside even at 8:20pm right before closing.

Employees seemed nervous. I don’t know if Costco will stay open if things get worse.

are there no other stores around that aren't that bananas, or are people just that committed to deals?

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
Get that 1.50 dog!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

killer crane posted:

the wine section was encroaching on the produce area over the weekend. no potatoes, onions, bananas, and only one kind of tomato, but plenty of pinot.

also eggs were out, i ended up getting the cartons of egg whites. i have to wonder how many people are going to be sitting with dozens of rotten eggs in a couple weeks?

You can hardboil weeks-old eggs. You actually want them at least 2-3 weeks old before hard-boiling, makes them easier to peel.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Thanatosian posted:

You can hardboil weeks-old eggs. You actually want them at least 2-3 weeks old before hard-boiling, makes them easier to peel.

Then you can pickle em!!! I like mine mucho aspicy so I add some cut up habaneros into the brine. :D

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Chinatown posted:

Then you can pickle em!!! I like mine mucho aspicy so I add some cut up habaneros into the brine. :D

I really need to do some pickled asparagus this year, I love it but it's like $6 for a tiny jar.

That was one thing I was disappointed about, I'd seen some references that Costco might carry it but it turns out they don't (anymore?).

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

killer crane posted:

You can freeze raw eggs if you crack, whisk, and decant them into containers first. Thawed frozen eggs don’t taste great as scrambled eggs or an omelette or anything, but work just fine in recipes. I portion my eggs out into portions of 1, 2, or 3 before freezing so they’re ready to go for most baking recipes, meatballs, egg wash for pies/bread, etc.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

My dad does this; I wish I had the room for it, because they're loving delicious (peppers and all). He also adds a bunch of garlic.

Paul MaudDib posted:

I really need to do some pickled asparagus this year, I love it but it's like $6 for a tiny jar.

That was one thing I was disappointed about, I'd seen some references that Costco might carry it but it turns out they don't (anymore?).
If you're in/near Seattle, the Pike Place market has them pretty cheap. So do farmers markets, frequently. Dunno why the grocery store ones are so expensive.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
What's the normal price for TP? Costco has it on their website for $27 for 36 rolls, not sure how much shipping they're folding into the item cost there.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-ultra-soft-bath-tissue%2c-36-rolls.product.100284187.html

Obviously right now it's scarce instore and an extra $5 or $10 beats standing in line for a chance at buying some.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm not sure but I think I got mine for $16.99 or $18.99 last week. I could be wrong. I don't have my receipt.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Yeah its under $20

Edit - That link is out of stock BTW

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Hot dogs are still available at least. 😰

https://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/2175253/costco-food-court-changes-coronavirus/

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
They probably won't deliver it to you anyway if you live in an area with a warehouse in your zip code. I tried that the other day and it was denied.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/TCRLdHd.mp4

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I got some insight into this.

Being that a lot of TP is made in China, the supply may be strained. On top of that, a lot of students are back home and stuck there and/or you've got families getting together in one location.

That's not cold facts, just a friend's take on it and why they need it. Four to six extra people in the house.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There is a zero percent chance that people who are hoarding TP are concerned about supply chains or where it's manufactured.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Most tp in the US is made in the US.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
People are hoarding toilet paper in the US because their neighbor is hoarding toilet paper. That's it. There is no actual real reason outside of people being idiots.

Also you're supposed to have a bidet goddamn like what the hell, my TP use is waaaayyy down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This website's obsession with bidets is truly strange.