Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think the nuance of that description is a little off, the idea is more that they're pretending to be the main character of an anime. It often involves actual magical superpowers which don't exist, and these days is usually done tongue-in-cheek. So they're more like LARPers, or maybe people who wear trenchcoats because they think it makes them look badass.

Although I guess you could argue that Cloud pretending to be a cool mercenary/ex-SOLDIER like Zack could also count.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Now I can't get the idea of Cloud's head on that one gif of the kid screaming about the power of God and anime out of my mind.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Clarste posted:

I think the nuance of that description is a little off, the idea is more that they're pretending to be the main character of an anime.
I mean, it's been through tons of memetic mutation from the original use of the term (a radio personality who just used it to describe any kinds of childish behavior exhibited by kids that age), so the things I brought up were just broad descriptions from the Chuunibyou User Manual by Saegami Hyouya (your description is closest to the "Evil Eye" archetype).

Wanna see that anime Don Quixote now though.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Gologle posted:

Now I can't get the idea of Cloud's head on that one gif of the kid screaming about the power of God and anime out of my mind.

FFVII characters as Vines video when

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have been craving a Crunch bar all day because of that loving DLC promotion. They were hard to find last week even before the panic buying.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have been craving a Crunch bar all day because of that loving DLC promotion. They were hard to find last week even before the panic buying.

Who the gently caress panic buys a Crunch bar?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When you're the last one there but you gonna panic buy something

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Who the gently caress panic buys a Crunch bar?

I bought some on Wednesday and Thursday last week. The box at WinCo was empty. This was before panic buying started there. I think this was was purely FF7 fans buying them. I couldn't even find them at CVS.

I did get a couple at Circle K, as well as a 12 pack of Kiltlifter at 50% off.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I got some Butterfingers at Safeway and my receipt was rejected. Probably because Safeway receipts just say "Butterfinger" and don't have the UPC or anything lol

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

I got some Butterfingers at Safeway and my receipt was rejected. Probably because Safeway receipts just say "Butterfinger" and don't have the UPC or anything lol

I know it’s not the case but I’m just imagining you getting a slip of paper that just says “butterfinger!” on it with no other identifying marker or information. Lmao

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aw dang. I don't go to Safeway much anyway. I can confirm that Winco and Circle K receipts work. I'm probably gonna hit up a QT tomorrow before work.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

HD DAD posted:

I know it’s not the case but I’m just imagining you getting a slip of paper that just says “butterfinger!” on it with no other identifying marker or information. Lmao

No it said butterfinger! and then had like twenty feet of garbage that printed out at the bottom. :haw:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
If you've not watched the video

Yeah Nomura deciding the best way to conduct the interview is in a dark room, with some light spilling upon him, while he slouches. And everyone else is giving normal interviews. He's such a dork.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still nowhere near Yoko Taro's level.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
CID: I'm @$!# dyin
YUFFIE: ok boomer

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Nomura looks and acts exactly like I imagined he would

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I do think they have very similar personalities, but Yoko Taro's is way more shy. But Nomura also gives the impression of being very shy and wanting to avoid the spotlight. Thinkin' to the promotion, he rarely gets involved on the giving interviews side, even when he's a producer. In comparison to say Kitase here. to play internet armchair psychologist, he strikes me as the kind of person who's very introverted.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Still not as cool as when Yoshitako Amano, inexplicably, was in Abel Ferrera's excellent adaptation of New Rose Hotel

Eddain
May 6, 2007

DrNutt posted:

I went to Vons, bought 8 Crunch and 2 Butterfingers, and my receipt doesn't list the UPC either. Got mine approved within two days.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yoko Taro is endearing, though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
How can you not love someone giving a conference as a sock puppet or with a Emil mask?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I have often said that Nomura designs plots with the same sensibilities that he designs character outfits.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Ace Transmuter posted:

I have often said that Nomura designs plots with the same sensibilities that he designs character outfits.
What's the Nooj of plot beats?

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

New screenshots: https://www.famitsu.com/news/202003/17194480.html

Tifa :swoon:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll buy Aeris' overpriced pendant.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:3 Tifa more like Waifa amirite

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Does anyone else notice the hair looks kinda... grainy, especially in areas where it's thinner/more fine? It's like when there's an object in the foreground in 13 but S-E doesn't want your view completely obstructed so they break it down into a semi-transparent grid kind of thing (which I actually think looks p neat in that kind of scenario), but with the hair I find it jarring and would honestly prefer if they had not decided to go that route with it. It's not like they're gonna change anything this far out and everything else looks fantastic anyway, but man it bugs the poo poo out of me.

At least I know now that it's just S-E making a questionable design decision and not my PS4 loving up which was my initial reaction.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Hair is REALLY hard to do in games, you're probably referring to the dithering effect which simply makes it cheaper to render

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Hair is REALLY hard to do in games, you're probably referring to the dithering effect which simply makes it cheaper to render

Yep, that's exactly what it is. Good looking hair is still incredibly expensive to render.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And it is still lightyears ahead of XV.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
I hope they still let you chose some of the items that Cloud wears as a way influence who Corneo picks

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I want Corneo to take one look at Cloud and close the door on him, then decide on Tifa and Aerith. All that effort, just to troll you.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If they don't keep the bit where Cloud leans in for the kiss before Tifa bursts in and asks what the hell he's doing then I will be supremely pissed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gologle posted:

That's basically Advent Children, if you think about it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Onmi posted:

If you've not watched the video

Yeah Nomura deciding the best way to conduct the interview is in a dark room, with some light spilling upon him, while he slouches. And everyone else is giving normal interviews. He's such a dork.

Didn't Nomura basically admit in an interview that he self-inserts as Xehanort and thinks about ways to hurt Sora emotionally? Seems like a fitting move.

Hogama posted:

What's the Nooj of plot beats?

A plot beat set up as a foil to a good plot beat that is fairly solid but a bit more melodramatic and badly dressed? I'm sure the Compilation has something along those lines.

I still say Paine and her three boyfriends were good additions to the X universe, though.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Didn't Nomura basically admit in an interview that he self-inserts as Xehanort and thinks about ways to hurt Sora emotionally? Seems like a fitting move.

A plot beat set up as a foil to a good plot beat that is fairly solid but a bit more melodramatic and badly dressed? I'm sure the Compilation has something along those lines.

I still say Paine and her three boyfriends were good additions to the X universe, though.

First Sora and Noctis were his good boys that he loved like sons. Then Noctis was taken away and he started lashing out at Sora in his anger. And now he's got this not-Noctis he's basically using to try and recreate his lost boy. He is super not over it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Nomura is the most tortured artist

In his head

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I would have expected a little more muscle definition in the arms for a character like Tifa, but I'll get my perfect boy Zell remade some day.