Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Was just told I'm getting a promotion and a pay increase of more than $1 per hour that I didn't even apply for and they are sending me home to work from home for the foreseeable future. Well. Ok then 2020. Thanks for that I guess lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shard posted:

Was just told I'm getting a promotion and a pay increase of more than $1 per hour that I didn't even apply for and they are sending me home to work from home for the foreseeable future. Well. Ok then 2020. Thanks for that I guess lol.

hell yeah work from home crew 2020.

the posts are gonna get real weird in a couple weeks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

hell yeah work from home crew 2020.

the posts are gonna get real weird in a couple weeks

"I'm gonna make some weird poo poo"

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Told all my very nice kids today that this may well be the last time we see each other this year.

poo poo is weird! Don’t know what to do about the weird poo poo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WCW/nWo Revenge > No Mercy

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm a shipping manager but I assure you I am gonna find a way to do that from home

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

NienNunb posted:

controversial

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Tonight's wedding speech included a bit thanking the attendees for defying government social distancing guidelines. It seemed in poor taste.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Storyline alone puts it head and shoulders above

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I love my mother, but she's panicking over COVID-19 and has been texting my wife and I non-stop about cases and deaths in Virginia, and is at the point where she'll call and talk just because she's bored.

Just now she was complaining that she called her doctor and was told it'll take 24 hours for the doctor to call her back. "Considering the office is probably getting swamped with calls, if it's not a life-threatening emergency..." "Well, that office is poorly run anyway, I'm not surprised." And every time it feels like the conversation should end, she picks it right back up again, and when I'm just saying "yes" and "no" she worries I'm mad at her when I really don't have anything to add to the conversation and am just letting her rant...

Tell me I'm not a bad child for wanting to duck calls and texts from my Mom for the next several whatevers.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i have a contentious relationship with my mother so you should just call her an old bag in a funny voice and send her a box of poop

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

Tell me I'm not a bad child for wanting to duck calls and texts from my Mom for the next several whatevers.

Nah this is perfectly normal, you're an adult now and you're seeing another adult being silly, but it's also one of your parents so the context gets thrown for a loop, because you learned early in your life you gotta listen to your mom/dad/caregiver and looked for them for guidance on how to act and react in certain situations. Now you're capable of making your own judgments but they're right there making their own and you know that they're wrong or misinformed but it's a hard goddamn hurdle to cross to call them on it without somehow offending them (after all, on some level they still see you as a kid) and most people end up just avoiding confrontation or even conversation just so they don't have to deal with it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My mother yelled at me this morning for cooking things on the stove with too high of heat (which in her definition is anything above medium-low).

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Happy birthday Seth Rollins the poster

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Nah this is perfectly normal, you're an adult now and you're seeing another adult being silly, but it's also one of your parents so the context gets thrown for a loop, because you learned early in your life you gotta listen to your mom/dad/caregiver and looked for them for guidance on how to act and react in certain situations. Now you're capable of making your own judgments but they're right there making their own and you know that they're wrong or misinformed but it's a hard goddamn hurdle to cross to call them on it without somehow offending them (after all, on some level they still see you as a kid) and most people end up just avoiding confrontation or even conversation just so they don't have to deal with it.

Thank you, sir. :cheers:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Bummed out that the only way you can watch all of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys is buying the box set. Booooo

Thinking I might watch some Power Rangers. Maybe RPM? I haven’t seen any since the first two seasons and stopped at the Thunderzords. Any standouts?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i watched the power rangers movie when i was hungover as gently caress a couple weekends ago and it suuuuuuuuuuucked

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Shard posted:

Congrats!

For all my friends working from home now....

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WatermelonGun posted:

i watched the power rangers movie when i was hungover as gently caress a couple weekends ago and it suuuuuuuuuuucked
The original or the new one?

mariooncrack posted:

For all my friends working from home now....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYu_bGbZiiQ

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This is way too real!

And Malaysia is joining in too. Hello work from home friends what media are you going to consume these next few weeks?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

thanks, i hate it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
It took a global pandemic and and absolute cratering of the stock market to make Business World go "wait why are we making these people come here every day when they could do the same exact thing at home?"

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The slightest strain on capitalism and the whole system falls apart lmao

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Artelier posted:

This is way too real!

And Malaysia is joining in too. Hello work from home friends what media are you going to consume these next few weeks?

I signed up for stitcher premium. Going to burn through a lot of podcasts.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

The slightest strain on capitalism and the whole system falls apart lmao

quote:

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched high noon pretty good western if i'm allowed to say that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's high noon.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

so it is

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i like your new avatar

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I like it with Bomani and Pablo but it seems like all the shows on ESPN are just two or more talking heads just arguing with each other.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I took a westerns film studies class in college, it was a lot of fun. We had weekly showings of a film and spent the remaing class periods that week discussing it and writing papers.

We watched Stagecoach at one point. I got held up in another class so I was about 5 minutes late to the showing. NBD, but evidently the first 5 minutes is the only point in the film they say Claire Trevor's character is a prostitute who was run out of town. so I was super confused why everyone but John Wayne was just being a huge dick to this poor girl.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Magic posted:

Bummed out that the only way you can watch all of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys is buying the box set. Booooo

Thinking I might watch some Power Rangers. Maybe RPM? I haven’t seen any since the first two seasons and stopped at the Thunderzords. Any standouts?

RPM has a rather young Adelaide Kane in it, so its totally work a watch. Beast Morphers is also up on Netflix, which is a pretty fun popcorn and weed show.

Shout has some presence on Pluto TV now, which is a thing I need to check out because they have legit Kamen Rider subs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

HBSR: Happy Birthday Seth Rollins

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

The original or the new one?

the original and i hated almost every moment of it except for ivan ooze blowing up those bird dudes. i completely forgot they made a new one until you brought it up lol

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I am really craving - super hard and of all things - a Subway sub. I do not even particularly care for Subway subs but I really, really want one right now.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Welp I just got laid off along with pretty much 90% of everyone else at my job. Wish I hadn't spent so much money this last fall. Fun fun fun. And who needs insurance that silly stuff.

Ah well what can you do? Same thing is going to happen to a lot of people.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 17, 2020

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Joining the working from home crew. Everyone else in on site but I take care of my elderly parents so I got the ok to jerk off on company time.

It also turns out my job only actually takes about 5 hours a day when I'm not padding or taking bullshit phone calls so there will be a lot of Doom Eternal with occasionally answering emails going on.

So I guess the constant mind-melting worry my parents are gonna die has a silver lining.

Edit: My condolences Sunshine. If you have credit card bills a few companies are offering "help" those furloughed/out of work so it's worth it to give them a call and see what can be done. I'm hoping the UBI proposal solidifies soon into something that's not complete horseshit.

Critical fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 17, 2020

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

i watched high noon pretty good western if i'm allowed to say that

Also check out Once Upon a Time in the West on Netflix

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

anyone who loses their job over this poo poo has my permission to engage in grand larceny on rich people. loot them fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shard posted:

Also check out Once Upon a Time in the West on Netflix

oh hell yeah i didn’t know that was on netflix

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Welp I just got laid off along with pretty 90% of everyone else at my job. Wish I hadn't spent so much money this last fall. Fun fun fun. And who needs insurance that silly stuff.

Ah well what can you do? Same thing is going to happen to a lot of people.

that sucks dude! my partner is a cosmetologist so their working days are also over. haha i’m the breadwinner now but there’s no bread