Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I'm sure there is a market for jacked waifus but probably not a huge one. I'm sad that we don't get the nerd rage over solid muscle tifa though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Cait Sith but completely loving shredded

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

HD DAD posted:

Cait Sith but completely loving shredded

you stay the hell out of my dreams

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tifa should get continually more buffed as the games go on

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

bobjr posted:

Tifa should get continually more buffed as the games go on

I'd like to see RPG's do this. Just have your characters getting more and more ripped as they level up from all of their constant adventures and life or death battles. Hit Level 100 and there's just a cutscene of them beating the poo poo out of the last boss by punching them to death with their biceps as they constantly flex.

While I agree that looking a bit more muscular would be nice, I am also totally okay with her look. I'm just sad that it'll likely be years from now before we start seeing her in the rest of game. Midgar is nice, but a lot of the Tifa moments I like the most happen after Midgar.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I remember the cringey reactions to Meryl having a buff soldier body in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I remember the cringey reactions to Meryl having a buff soldier body in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Was there really? I don't remember that.

Then again, I don't remember much in terms of internet reactions to MGS4 (other than the "LOL, it's 90% cutscenes!"). I guess that shouldn't really surprise me too much, though.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The real atrocity was her getting married to the shitter. Nobody should have to settle with the comic relief.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I was pretty active in the MGS fandom leading up to MGS4. I remember this because I had so much hope and faith it would be the perfect climax to my beloved series.

Then it came out and.... I don't know about people freaking out at Meryl's buffness. I don't doubt it happened but I never saw it. I mainly remember people praising MGS4's genius and dismissing its flaws as all MGS2's fault. "It had to make up for the mess MGS2 caused."

How times have changed. Good changes.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I still know people subscribing to the whole "All of MGS2 was a VR Simulation" theory.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mulva posted:

The real atrocity was her getting married to the shitter. Nobody should have to settle with the comic relief.

Agreed.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I would have expected a little more muscle definition in the arms for a character like Tifa, but I'll get my perfect boy Zell remade some day.

Breasts are basically stand-in muscles for fictional women.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Say, I know the game's episodic, but have they said anything about how many episodes they're planning to make out of this?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

DMW45 posted:

Say, I know the game's episodic, but have they said anything about how many episodes they're planning to make out of this?

They dont know. Also episodic is a bit misleading since it's multiple fully priced games.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Knowing game fanbases and game companies

I don't know if they'll finish it in that case.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Zushio posted:

I still know people subscribing to the whole "All of MGS2 was a VR Simulation" theory.

It wasn't far off, the entire Raiden mission was a fake from start to finish. The vr theory is a misunderstanding or misinterpretation more than anything else

MGS2 was panned for about a decade after it came out, it's aged like wine and I think it's a masterpiece now

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I really like buff girls (ironic since I'm a fat nerd) and wish Tifa was buffer.

Not enough strong girls in vidya.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Well, whether or not they can get around to making them all, I do intend to pick them up--I for one can't wait to play Grand Theft Auto: Midgar City Stories.

:v:

When I can. On PC.

:smith:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It wasn't far off, the entire Raiden mission was a fake from start to finish. The vr theory is a misunderstanding or misinterpretation more than anything else

MGS2 was panned for about a decade after it came out, it's aged like wine and I think it's a masterpiece now

I loved MGS2 from the start, even more than 3. I'd love to see it remade in the MGS5 engine, hell I'd pay good money right now for a PC MGS collection. It'll never happen though. :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DMW45 posted:

Knowing game fanbases and game companies

I don't know if they'll finish it in that case.

I don't know why people keep saying this. This series is like printing money. The sales from this game will fully fund development of the rest and they already have a team that can do them all.

The only thing potentially stopping them is this whole global pandemic thing.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If they can make three FFXIIIs then they can make three or four FFVIIs.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I really like buff girls (ironic since I'm a fat nerd) and wish Tifa was buffer.

Not enough strong girls in vidya.

Chun-Li and her thighs have been around forever and are super popular. Creators gotta get with the times, thick and thicc are in right now.

Also Googling Chun Li Thighs gets me this article about how her thighs are "unrealistic."
https://sgcafe.com/2016/04/model-shows-chun-lis-thighs-street-fighter-v-not-unrealistic/

As somebody who has followed female bodybuilding, what a bunch of clueless dorks.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't know why people keep saying this. This series is like printing money. The sales from this game will fully fund development of the rest and they already have a team that can do them all.

The only thing potentially stopping them is this whole global pandemic thing.

It's making money *right now*

General wisdom is, though, that each sequel will make less and less money.

I mean, the one up there said 3 or 4, but they don't even know how many games it'll take, etc.

This one, if it covers only the midgar section, would only cover somewhere between a quarter and a third of the first disc, or about 1/9th of the game.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

DMW45 posted:

It's making money *right now*

General wisdom is, though, that each sequel will make less and less money.

I mean, the one up there said 3 or 4, but they don't even know how many games it'll take, etc.

This one, if it covers only the midgar section, would only cover somewhere between a quarter and a third of the first disc, or about 1/9th of the game.

The third disc is just the final dungeon, and the second disc is considerably shorter than the first. Midgar is probably about 20% of the OG game. I seem to remember somewhere that, when the script is broken down, Midgar accounts for something like a full third of the dialogue.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Also i think its unlikely that the other areas are going to get as fleshed out as midgar

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Midgar is typically 5 hours, no? And the game is, what, 25-30, maybe more if you 100% it?

The disks are just split by FMVs, all of the game data is on each of them. If you have a scratched disk you can start it and swap to a different disk an it plays fine, except the FMVs get skipped. And, on my disks at least, it locks up at the point of no return :(.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I could really see them re-pacing the disc two stuff, especially the huge materia quests.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Why do people still think they aren't going to be expanding literally every part of this game?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
An entire tower defense game right in the middle of the 10 game remake series

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Each minigame will be a full episode.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
Fort Condor is a reskin of AOE2

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should put blitzball in the game

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Cloud Strife’s Pro Snowboarder, coming to PS5 January 2026.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Wutai won't be in the game, it'll be a DLC extra

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Dell_Zincht posted:

Wutai won't be in the game, it'll be a DLC extra

Watch Wutai be it's own game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ItBreathes posted:

Midgar is typically 5 hours, no? And the game is, what, 25-30, maybe more if you 100% it?

Yeah, and a decent chunk of those 25 hours between Midgar and Weapon aren't really plot critical stuff so it's easier to rework

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

precision posted:

Yeah, and a decent chunk of those 25 hours between Midgar and Weapon aren't really plot critical stuff so it's easier to rework

Uh....wha?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

There is a lot of "Cloud and Co. trapse around the world" that can be abridged. Just as long as they keep Costa Del Sol, no matter how extraneous it is.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I don't see how you can skip Junon, Corel, Gongaga (which is optional but does give info on some characters), Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim and Rocket Town. They all hold pieces of the puzzle.

The only thing I can think of that's skippable is Fort Condor.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I think Fort Condor served to show you how bad Shinra was outside of Midgar, it's the first time you confront them after leaving the city and you're trying to stop them from harming a rare condor because it's just getting in the way of their reactor operations. It continues the whole eco-warrior theme of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't see how you can skip Junon, Corel, Gongaga (which is optional but does give info on some characters), Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim and Rocket Town. They all hold pieces of the puzzle.

The only thing I can think of that's skippable is Fort Condor.

You can skip the walking there and bunches of random encounters that take the majority of the raw hours though.