Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Brutal Spook-A-Doodle Crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/SecondSightFilm/status/1238482591315091457?s=20

Buddies! its happening!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I've been itching to watch this since the 'rona.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
We can have multiple gang tags right?

also go and share a story about films that you an emotional connection with... u might just win a bluray!

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 17, 2020

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cool Corn and I have a special tag that says "Crusty BFFs"

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

hollismason gets one that says Spook A Doodle Daddy

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

i think so, yes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Isn’t this region locked

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

gey muckle mowser posted:

Grabbers rules. A Dark Song is Irish too and is pretty good.

I love A Dark Song but Grabbers fits the holiday better.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

The rumour is everyone at my work is being laid off tomorrow, so I'd welcome the distraction

We're waiting on the final word from Corporate by me. Yesterday the head manager was in conference calls most of the day about this and everything's up in the air other than we will still have our jobs when this is over. The waiting's been the worst. I keep checking my work email and nervously cleaning the house to where I think the cats are convinced we're moving.

edit to add:

MacheteZombie posted:

Yes you can. The images just have to be uploaded to the site here and you can add multiples.

M_Sinistrari fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 17, 2020

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

CelticPredator posted:

Isn’t this region locked

UHD is region free

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think I'll always love Day of the Dead the most, but to be fair it is the best one.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

I think I'll always love Day of the Dead the most, but to be fair it is the best one.

same. Day is #1 for me always.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

Yes, definitely.

edit: I'm a Dawn guy, myself. Day rules, but Dawn's still my go-to of the three.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 17, 2020

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I go back and forth between Night and Day, but Dawn is the clear #3 for me. I love it, but it's just not as perfect as the other two.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

david_a posted:

UHD is region free

I don’t have that

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the dawn remake is p good too

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Shutter was dope as hell. One of the better films I've watched lately. Howl on the other hand was not that great. Too long and not enough action. Interesting werewolf design though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

the dawn remake is p good too

Lies

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Remember, the remake is the one Kvlt! grew up with.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

yeah I grew up with the remake and it's pretty good! the original Dawn is BETTER but i like both versions

speaking of versions i gotta see let the right one in. i love let me in but never got around to watching the original

edit: that reminds me of when i first joined this forum and people didnt kno my age and i was like "I have the biggest crush on Chloe Grace Moretz" and everyone was thought i was like a total creep pedophile but she's literally OLDER THAN ME lmao

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I also like Snyder's Dawn but I'm afraid to rewatch it and see it suck.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

I rewatched the remake a while back and it is still good shame we didn't get another.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The remake is still good. Best thing Snyder ever did.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Stink Billyums posted:

It's bad. A movie's worth of plot stretched to TV season length.

I gave it a try because I heard Fiona Dourif's in it, but she's criminally underutilized and it's a real slog. It's as generic as Election Year and doesn't really add anything or say anything, I just stopped watching it halfway through Season 1.

But speaking of Fiona Dourif, I'm going to have to give the whole Chucky franchise a watch soon because I'm only working like two days a week for a few hours now. I'm lucky to at least work in a library where they're going to keep us on the payroll while we skeleton crew our way through just checking in returned items and disinfecting everything.

Or we could even be assholes and take home everybody's held items because they can't pick them up and we can't return them to their host libraries :getin:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I want to watch Romero’s dead trilogy superimposed over Lucas’s original Star Wars trilogy. Call it the George George cut.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ruddiger posted:

I want to watch Romero’s dead trilogy superimposed over Lucas’s original Star Wars trilogy. Call it the George George cut.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT GEORGE ISN'T AT HOME
LEAVE A MESSAGE AT THE SCREAM
I MUST BE BIT
OR I'D PICK UP THE PHONE
WHERE COULD I BEEEEEE
BELIEVE IT OR NOT IM A ZOMBIEEEE

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

I gave it a try because I heard Fiona Dourif's in it, but she's criminally underutilized and it's a real slog. It's as generic as Election Year and doesn't really add anything or say anything, I just stopped watching it halfway through Season 1.

But speaking of Fiona Dourif, I'm going to have to give the whole Chucky franchise a watch soon because I'm only working like two days a week for a few hours now. I'm lucky to at least work in a library where they're going to keep us on the payroll while we skeleton crew our way through just checking in returned items and disinfecting everything.

Or we could even be assholes and take home everybody's held items because they can't pick them up and we can't return them to their host libraries :getin:

Irrelevant, but there are quite a few librarian CineD goons, and many of them are Horror Goons. It's interesting.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Franchescanado posted:

I also like Snyder's Dawn but I'm afraid to rewatch it and see it suck.

It holds up alright. I think the third act after the zombie baby slows down a bit and the dumb love story between sara polly and jake weber sucks butt, but then the whole armored trucks and chainsaw bits really propel it towards the finish line. Snyders best work by far. I still remember when the USA network premiered the first 10 minutes of the movie and that was amazing. My sister recorded it to VHS and we just rewatched it over and over again until the movie finally came out and my mom took us to see it.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Are there any good non-English pandemic/virus movies other than the [Rec] series?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Megasabin posted:

Are there any good non-English pandemic/virus movies other than the [Rec] series?

Accion Mutante

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Megasabin posted:

Train To Busan comes to mind

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The original Dawn was always my favorite but I saw it so many times when I was younger I never feel like rewatching it now. I have the same problem with Evil Dead II.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

It’s ok not to rewatch movies

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Drunkboxer posted:

The original Dawn was always my favorite but I saw it so many times when I was younger I never feel like rewatching it now. I have the same problem with Evil Dead II.

are there movies or shows that have become such comfort food that you just asleep to them because you know them so well? King of the Hill, Dawn of the Dead and Arrested Development instantly come to mind.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm so grateful that my dad had a moratorium on watching movies more than once a year when I was growing up, because it's probably the best thing for my movie watching experience.

I'm not exactly sure when that rule was lifted, but it's why I hate the "classic" Christmas movies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Dawn of the Dead original was my background movie for a long time. Just doing things around the house and I'd put it on.

Am I the only one who does this?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hollismason posted:

Dawn of the Dead original was my background movie for a long time. Just doing things around the house and I'd put it on.

Am I the only one who does this?

nah i've got a lot of movies for that. the BttF trilogy being one of them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What's wrong with you people? Haven't you ever heard of music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

dorium posted:

are there movies or shows that have become such comfort food that you just asleep to them because you know them so well? King of the Hill, Dawn of the Dead and Arrested Development instantly come to mind.

Yeah, for me it’s literally any Star Trek. Well, except the second two Abrams movies or Nemesis. Also Jaws, and lately Bride of Frankenstein.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

It’s ok not to rewatch movies

But I must