Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

PQ is at -1. We have a day left, so I'm holding off on hammering.

Yeah that would be nice, we have a few people who haven't said much today, beet in particular has been kinda weird with just talking about his b- mason chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Or...get this....we could lunch merk for lying and then b- for lying and win the game?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Someone hammer.

With half of d3 left?

You're more interested in finding out if you're right than you are in town winning.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pussy Quipped posted:

Or...get this....we could lunch merk for lying and then b- for lying and win the game?

At least you tried.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pussy Quipped posted:

If you flip town, that's next.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

hambeet posted:

B, why do you want to know my role so bad in mason chat? You said it was good for the town to do so, but haven’t clarified how when I asked.

Can you elaborate here, maybe?
hambeet is the last hope for a counterclaim I think. Wait for Australia time I guess.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I hope beet copped Hal because that would be super funny

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lumpen posted:

hambeet is the last hope for a counterclaim I think. Wait for Australia time I guess.

If beet counterclaims me, then town almost certainly wins after dunking pq and beet

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Your Personal Muse posted:

I would lol, mostly because that would mean that the message chain failed in a new and totally different way

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

b-minus1 posted:

If beet counterclaims me, then town almost certainly wins after dunking pq and beet
If I am wrong, then the only thing that would cheer me up is if I was spectacularly bamboozled by my good friend hambeet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am afraid that wouldn't work math-wise, since that would mean me, merk and b- would be scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am afraid that wouldn't work math-wise, since that would mean me, merk and b- would be scum

Hmm are you saying lumpen is wrong and that there isn’t a secret cop??!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmm are you saying lumpen is wrong and that there isn’t a secret cop??!

I am loathe to question good friend lumpen so maybe I shouldn't dismiss double secret cop theory

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Have we considered the possibility that the scum is actually the majority?!?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm the only town player in the game?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah that would be nice, we have a few people who haven't said much today, beet in particular has been kinda weird with just talking about his b- mason chat

B- has, since we joined up, only ever focused on my repeatedly asking me for my role. He did so on the promise he would tell me his.

I asked more than a few times how that’s wise, as town, and he said it was, but never elaborated. He also asked what I think of lumpen and PQ (separately), but the conversation has been 80% asking me my role, and never elaborating why he thought that was wise even though I had asked. Multiple times.

He finally said yesterday, in response to my question in thread, that he was just testing me.

So ultimately it’s only by virtue of him being the uncountered cop that I’m not voting him because he’s played pretty scummy with me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eh there’s a typo in first paragraph. I’m sure you can all work it out

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Beet are you the triple secret cop y/n

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I had toyed with the idea, two nights ago of claiming cop in mason to see what you did. This was when I was solid you were scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Beet are you the triple secret cop y/n

I’m undercover so can’t confirm

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It is I, the actual Cop.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m actually a cop cop and I copped b-‘s cop claim

He came out cop

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Unfortunately ACAB so b’s scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Unfortunately ACAB so b’s scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
hambeet, can you hammer this scum please? Maybe then we can start the next day sooner.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 3

Pussy Quipped (4): merk, b-minus1, Eat The Rich, Eat The Rich, Your Personal Muse, Hal Incandenza
merk (2): Your Personal Muse, Lumpen, Your Personal Muse, Pussy Quipped
Hal Incandenza (1): hambeet
b-minus1 (0): Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (2): Eat The Rich, spacing in vienna

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 18th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So I’ll obviously be voting pq in light of last nights events. But people aren’t ready for hammer yet?

Merk, b- stop playing so scummy if you’re town in future thx

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think we've gotten everything we can out of this day. The only other thing I'd potentially argue makes sense is a full claim, but I don't think we will get there.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay sure, can we turbo night actions please though so my whole work day isn’t wasted doing work?

##vote p to the quizzo

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:redhammer:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Pussy Quipped Scum Aligned Goon has been executed.

It is now night, you have ~24 hours to submit night actions.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
B-minus1, Town Aligned Cop Variant has been killed overnight.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Lumpen, merk, spacing in vienna, Your Personal Muse

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I am the Doctor.

I was targeted by the Watcher last night, and received a message that nobody visited my neighbor.

The thread contains enough information to easily complete the entire circle now, so Watcher and Doc are only useful as Town-confiming claims now.

I suspect the last informed minority is either SiV or hambeet. Less suspicious of Hal, but still possible. Hopefully one of them will make an uncountered Watcher claim. SiV can't be cleared by b-'s final investigation due to Miller proximity.

Since I was not Intercepted (received Watch result), but I didn't get Cop result, that means hambeet could not be investigated. Hopefully SiV got results on Hal.

I think YPM, merk, and ETR (from chatlog with Leith) are probably reasonable to exclude from suspicion at this point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I told B- to investigate Hal through SiV. SiV?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
B- also said OK too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...and we know the Interceptor didn't steal the results because the scum used a kill instead.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Also I feel sheepish about being so rude and snarky to my good friend merk who is apparently Town. I got carried away in my zeal, and I was mislead by all the stonewalling, lying, dismissiveness, and casing Townies and defending Leith that he did. I hope to work productively and convivialy together to bust informed minorities or beguile Townies in the future and I regret if my attitude diminished your fun. I hope you enjoyed the schadenfreude of seeing my gotchas and schemes fall hilariously flat.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Kinda weird you didn't use your action on b- last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

God I'm dumb