Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Some thoughts on which parts will be included in the second part:

Kalm flashback - important for setting the stage about Sephiroth, also a good starting point for a recap
Chocobo farm/Midgar Zolom - setting the scene for how strong Sephiroth is, could be a good spectacle with modern graphics with the skewered Zolom, chocobos are chocobos
Mythril Mines - really short dungeon, Turk encounter, minor for the plot, could be a good opportunity for more character development for the Turks
Fort Condor/first Yuffie recruitment - Pretty minor for plot overall, although I doubt Yuffie will be optional (but may not be recruited at this point)

I can see these places not getting a ton of attention.

Junon - lots of plot in here with Shinra, you can even meet some of the Turks off duty
Boat to Costa Del Sol - Jenova encounter, party interactions
Costa Del Sol - lots of party interactions, Hojo encounter

I feel these three locations will have a lot of effort put into them. They seem to be really leaning into character interactions and banter after how well received it was in FFXV and how much banter is done between just Cloud and Barret in the demo even.

Mt. Corel - generic dungeon
Corel - Barret backstory pt 1
Gold Saucer - Lots of stuff for SE to flex their remake muscles, also Cait Sith
Corel Prison - Barret backstory pt 2, Chocobo race

Gold Saucer will definitely get a lot of effort put into it, but I'm not sure how much the Corel bits will be expanded.

Gongaga - Aeris/Zack backstory, some Scarlett stuff
Cosmo Canyon - Party interactions, learning about the lifestream
Cave of the Gi - Red XIII backstory

Backstory and world building, especially for Red.

Nibelheim/mansion - Vincent, more Sephiroth backstory
Mt. Nibel - generic dungeon

They can reuse Nibelheim assets for both the flashback and when you reach it in game so I feel like this part of the game will be expanded.

Forests outside Rocket Town have a 255/256 chance to encounter Yuffie, so she'll almost certainly be in the party by here in the remake at least

Rocket Town - Cid, Palmer gets hit by a truck
Tiny Bronco exploration
Wutai subquest - Earliest it can be done

Gold Saucer date - will definitely be expanded

Temple of the Ancients - big dungeon, Aeris leaves the party
Bone Village
City of the Ancients - big dungeon, the big thing happens here

I could see part 2 ending somewhere in this vicinity. I think it makes a little more sense if it continues just a bit more though to:

Norther Crater
Meteor is summoned, weapons awake, party wakes up in Junon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
When your characters are hit with mini or frog, I better hear their dialog change with it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I can't think of no better place to end (at least one of) the part(s) than with Tifa waking up in Junon looking at the meteor.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Calling it now, inside clouds mind will be a mobile tie-in. It will cover new, plot relevant information later games will expect you to know.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Everything between Midgar and Safer Sephiroth will just be datalogs

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

HD DAD posted:

Everything between Midgar and Safer Sephiroth will just be datalogs

Make it Cloud narrating things in a chair and I'll actually buy the remake.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
In the magazine that revealed the new screenshots they said there will be multiple dresses to choose from.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

ItBreathes posted:

Calling it now, inside clouds mind will be a mobile tie-in. It will cover new, plot relevant information later games will expect you to know.

I don't know if this is just a meme or the people constantly saying stuff like this think it's true. I highly doubt they will be doing anything like that with this. Watch the Making Of video that came out a couple days ago. These people are passionate about this game, and it is probably the most important game Square has made since the original.

Just in the Making Of video alone you can tell they've taken great care to get this right and exceed our expectations.

Making Of video for those who haven't seen it

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 17, 2020

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Gold Saucer: Now featuring Chronobind from the Final Fantasy XIII franchise

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

Gold Saucer: Now featuring a sidequest with Inspector Hildibrand

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
It would actually be kind of awesome if the Gold Saucer had a bunch of FF minigames emulated in it. Chocobo Hot & Cold, Blitzball (for the weirdos that like it), XV fishing... LeBlanc massaging.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the thing that always bugged me about gold saucer was that it had all of FF7's minigames

except for fort condor

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kith posted:

the thing that always bugged me about gold saucer was that it had all of FF7's minigames

except for fort condor

Murdering Shinra is no game.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

ItBreathes posted:

This isn't Kingdom Hearts...

NikkolasKing posted:

Make it Cloud narrating things in a chair and I'll actually buy the remake.

This isn't Xenogears...

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Schwartzcough posted:

It would actually be kind of awesome if the Gold Saucer had a bunch of FF minigames emulated in it. Chocobo Hot & Cold, Blitzball (for the weirdos that like it), XV fishing... LeBlanc massaging.

Hell yeah, Drownball was my jam!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Ace Transmuter posted:

This isn't Xenogears...

Shinra crucifies Cait Sith

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Schwartzcough posted:

Leblanc massaging would be in Wall Market, clearly.

Also, you're only a weirdo for liking Blitzball if you enjoy the X-2 version. :colbert:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ace Transmuter posted:

This isn't Xenogears...
Xenogears remake, please.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Jackard posted:

Yes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jackard posted:

And Xenosaga HD collection. Hopefully with a Better 2 but I'll take what I can get.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Jackard posted:

And finish the 2nd half this time

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Jackard posted:

Yes

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just got an email saying my FF7R order delivery date has been changed but it doesn't say when.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just got an email saying my FF7R order delivery date has been changed but it doesn't say when.

Got the same email, but when I check the Amazon page, it still had the April 10 release date. Who knows what's going on.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Chaitai posted:

Got the same email, but when I check the Amazon page, it still had the April 10 release date. Who knows what's going on.

Just checked my Amazon account, my delivery has been changed to April 11th.

Not that fussed, i'm not the sort of person who absolutely needs to play a game on release day.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah

Placed on Friday, June 28, 2019
New estimated delivery date:
Not yet available. We'll email you as soon as we have a delivery date.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Sigh. I guess I’ll just have to download on release day and pick up a physical later.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It could be a glitch. It's happened before where they randomly send out an email like this with zero change.

Of course, that was in the before times.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would say that right now there is a very good chance you can't expect any physical poo poo remotely on time for the foreseeable future. I know it sucks to have to go digital if you don't want to but it could be your only choice

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It’s FFVII - I’ve bought it countless times before, what’s two more times. :shepspends:

(not counting future episodes)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm fine with waiting on it. I got the Deluxe edition pre-ordered, but I'm gonna be too busy with schoolwork to play it on time.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The kalm flashback is going to be integrated into this game during midgar, you could see they cut parts of that out for the demo, but in preview copies they had the start of flashbacks.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Apparently Amazon delays are due to them halting the in-take of non-essential items.

https://www.heypoorplayer.com/2020/03/17/amazon-delays-ffvii-remake-deliveries-new-delivery-date-tbd/

https://www.politico.eu/article/amazon-suspends-delivery-of-non-essential-goods-in-coronavirus-response/

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
At this point just buy it digital

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Sneak Lemming posted:

The kalm flashback is going to be integrated into this game during midgar
I've said that for a while, it makes no sense to have a long story dump at the start of the second part instead of trickling it through this one. Then they can have a shorter refresher in part 2 (or maybe an option for the full recap) so people can get into the game quicker.

Imagine HL1's tram ride but an hour long before you even get to do anything.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Blockhouse posted:

Not bad advice, but I've got the deluxe edition preordered for less than the price of the standard. I can just wait :v:.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmmmm is saving $20 worth waiting

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
Honestly, if they just make a super high detail world map, scale up the city icons to something like Esthar on FF8, and shrink down the character model a bit, I'd be stoked.

Although something like FFXII, where the gaps between towns are explorable with multiple routes to avoid FFX's single track but not to scale or anything, would be a feasible solution I guess.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I went digital, but if you check places like CDKeys for PSN cards then you can usually get a reasonable discount.

[edit] 14% off some wallet cards, it's well worth checking out.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Blockhouse posted:

I definitely would, but the PSN prices are about 10 to 20 pounds more expensive than Amazon. I wish it wasn't so :(