Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i see him. this list i s non canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That's honestly disappointing about the no "island" suffix thing. My island name pun works in Japanese but not in English. Not that it would be translated in either case.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

broken pixel posted:

Every time I see the tier list, I get sad. It's like Pokemon: every villager is loved by someone! Some people are hateful! :colbert:

The list was invalid when they put my boy Tex in the bottom.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I kind of miss the days when people didn't datamine a game to find out every single secret before its even officially released.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Internet Kraken posted:

I kind of miss the days when people didn't datamine a game to find out every single secret before its even officially released.

well hey at least we don't know poo poo about the special events nintendo are doing through online

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

So its fully confirmed gyroids are out? Google is failing me here.

I might have to turn in my gang tag. That was my favorite part of the original.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Internet Kraken posted:

So I'm assuming they won't have been able to datamine the day 1 patch, aka v1.1 nor any later planned events yet, that's a decent version jump.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So it is the same team will Splatoon Amiibo let me attend Splatoon Concerts/KK concerts?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want Agent S and Elvis in my village.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ItBreathes posted:

So its fully confirmed gyroids are out? Google is failing me here.

I might have to turn in my gang tag. That was my favorite part of the original.

They’ll be back I’m sure. Eventually.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m really liking what I’ve seen with how more alive the villagers seen in New Horizons. Like New Leaf was a decent step forward to making villagers seem more than just things that stand there until you talked to them but the videos I’ve seen it’s a pretty big leap forward in that regard from NL

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I’m really liking what I’ve seen with how more alive the villagers seen in New Horizons. Like New Leaf was a decent step forward to making villagers seem more than just things that stand there until you talked to them but the videos I’ve seen it’s a pretty big leap forward in that regard from NL

I hope they brought back them kicking balls around from the GC one. I really loved that and found it adorable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Does anyone know if it's only the first player to start a game that gets to do stuff like place houses/shops and start Lloid projects like bridges, similar to New Leaf where only the original person was Mayor, or can subsequent players also do these things?

Basically my wife and I are sharing an island and we aren't sure which one of us should be the one to start it up initially. If both players can do grand-scale advancements then it doesn't matter.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

absolutely shocked no sheep or elephant villagers made it to tier 1

like, how is Tia not tier 1. She's a elephant who is also a tea pot!!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Beardo is a big gay gentleman scholar and he doesn't belong in the trash.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is it true that midnight games are released EST? Meaning the west coast gets a 9pm release?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Is the physical release still happening, or do I need to move to digital? I preordered via amazon for a cart copy but I don’t know if that is still happening...

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

SilkyP posted:

I am staring at this game preloaded and I feel like there has to be some way to will this game to start

Whichever one of us figures it out first must tell the other and then the thread, it's only fair

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is it true that midnight games are released EST? Meaning the west coast gets a 9pm release?

Yes.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I'm still going to keep trying to launch it every 4-6 hours.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

enojy posted:

For anyone curious about island naming conventions, but didn't want to wade through spoilery videos and such:

Island and character names cannot be changed.

oh god

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dip Viscous posted:

I'm still going to keep trying to launch it every 4-6 hours.

Sometimes it does unlock early. Smash unlocked an hour early I remember.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ultimate Mango posted:

Is the physical release still happening, or do I need to move to digital? I preordered via amazon for a cart copy but I don’t know if that is still happening...

Amazon is no longer taking shipments from 3rd parties due to the virus. Since they only have stock for the shipped and sold by Amazon orders (and not third party shipped by Amazon), some are getting delayed.

Gamestop is already dropping midnight release plans.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Nintendo, you know what you must do.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

A big part of the AC games for me is discovering new animals and seeing how my opinion of them changes over time, so I don't feel the need to use amiibo cards. I hope they have at least 15 villagers though, the game seems mostly next gen in other respects.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Something weird that's been pointed out about the datamine and makes me think that it doesn't actually have everything that is in the game: No upgrades for the Nooklings' store are in it. I don't think that the game would lack that, and combined with other things, either the datamined version is not the version of the game getting released, the prerelease patch has a lot of content in it, or there's a lot of stuff missing from the game that has previously always been there.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

It’s here! It’s out! Animal Crossing!

That’s right, Animal Crossing New Leaf!
Only on Nintendo 3DS!

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

It actually is. It leaked earlier today.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Very unfortunate post :rip:

I am very sorry for being rude in this extremely wholesome thread.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Zutaten posted:

Does anyone know if it's only the first player to start a game that gets to do stuff like place houses/shops and start Lloid projects like bridges, similar to New Leaf where only the original person was Mayor, or can subsequent players also do these things?

Basically my wife and I are sharing an island and we aren't sure which one of us should be the one to start it up initially. If both players can do grand-scale advancements then it doesn't matter.

The first player gets the special title and everyone else is just living there. So it looks like you need to be the first player ('Resident Representative') to do the big stuff.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Hello thread, I am here. To help you pass the time, have some nostalgia!

I am German and I read about Animal Forest+ wayyyy back when it launched in Japan (three months after 9/11, actually) via IGN. They had a weekly series of articles describing the game in detail and I was absolutely hooked. At the same time, I never believed the game would make it to Europe, or even be translated into English at all. This articles were (and are, apparently) exclusive to IGN insiders, but Part I seems to be available freely. Go ahead and read it, it's a blast to go back in time 19 years and see where all of this started.*

As it turned out, the game would get translated merely a year later! Unfortunately the GameCube was not region-free, so while I was waiting for AC to be released in North America in late 2002, I was also waiting for the Freeloader to be released, which allowed imported games to be played on European GCNs. They ended up coming out at almost the same time and so I imported AC and bought a Freeloader for a combined ~$100 in January 2003. I must've spent the next year or so playing Animal Crossing, a game basically no one in Europe knew about, on my Gamecube until they actually did end up releasing the game over here in late 2004. I vividly remember telling people at the Gamestop I worked at when I game came out in Germany (I was in uni at the time) that they would not regret buying it, and they never did. I've played every version of Animal Crossing since and am currently staring at the preloaded Switch game like everyone else.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk and please bring back the NES games Nintendo!

*I know it was an N64 game first, don't @ me.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kart Barfunkel posted:

That’s right, Animal Crossing New Leaf!
Only on Nintendo 3DS!

Can we take away this one's gang tag?

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

History Comes Inside! posted:

The first player gets the special title and everyone else is just living there. So it looks like you need to be the first player ('Resident Representative') to do the big stuff.

Guess my wife and I are going to have a Discussion! Thanks a lot Nintendo.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Zutaten posted:

Guess my wife and I are going to have a Discussion! Thanks a lot Nintendo.

Sounds like it's time for a second switch if you guys don't have one.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

It actually is. It leaked earlier today.

AaaaAAA

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The timing is good. I'm about to burn out on the new Diablo 3 season. So excited.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up, the hourly tunes seems to not be in the game until you get the Resident Services building (not the tent, apparently).

I read a review saying they "missed the hourly tunes" and got a weird, almost physical reaction as to why they would remove such a magical thing. I'm getting crazy over here!!!

Konec Hry fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 18, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Apparently reviewers had embargoes on top of embargoes and so even once the review one was lifted they still couldn't talk about anything after a certain date, combine that with the day -2 patch and it feels like there's a good chance lots of stuff just isn't in there yet for Nintendo reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Konec Hry posted:

Just a heads up, the hourly tunes seems to not be in the game until you get the Resident Services building (not the tent, apparently).

I read a review saying they "missed the hourly tunes" and got a weird, almost physical reaction as to why they would remove such a magical thing. I'm getting crazy over here!!!

Yeah. I don't have an hourly tune yet. And I'm still at the Resident Services tent stage.