Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i was thinking of buying animal crossing to enjoy self isolation

but then i realised im self-employed

lmbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
My plan for AC was to pop into a shop and buy it after work (I'm a relic that prefers physical and my office is on top of a shopping centre)

But now I won't be in the office!!!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It looks like for children

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Enjoying the massive 180 on boomer hate in the forums

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

My plan for AC was to pop into a shop and buy it after work (I'm a relic that prefers physical and my office is on top of a shopping centre)

But now I won't be in the office!!!

It was £38 on CD keys for a DL code the other day

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Furia posted:

Enjoying the massive 180 on boomer hate in the forums

I've reverted to only checking this thread and the schadenthreads

What am I missing?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

I've reverted to only checking this thread and the schadenthreads

What am I missing?

People whose entire life is “gently caress you, dad” are now really worried about the people that what maybe a week ago were called turbo fascists

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I got told off for planning how to spend my inheritance

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Currently panic buying fab ice lollies and chupa chups

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Coworker tried buying hand sanitizer but the pound shops are out. Saw a hair salon advertising that they have sanitizer for sale so she popped in and they're selling it for a tenner

Very cool

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

We've got an ibc of 99% alcohol and are debating making gel with it

also I still hate old people :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I just wish old people would stop voting I don't want them to necessarily die

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I maintain a wish for old people to die, just not all of them

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

the sink in my downstairs bathroom is irritatingly small, and for ages now i've been using hand sanitiser instead of washing my hands, so I already have multiple bottles of hand sanitiser. I gave a bottle to my nan :) i also have poo poo loads of toilet paper, but am running low on pasta.

i assume mother's day isn't cancelled yet so i'm going to have to brave the supermarket to buy a card at some point.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Vitamins posted:

We've got an ibc of 99% alcohol and are debating making gel with it

also I still hate old people :)

I did that just make sure you've got normal moisturiser to pop on afterwards because the homemade poo poo will absolutely dry your hands out

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

oh no computer posted:

the sink in my downstairs bathroom is irritatingly small, and for ages now i've been using hand sanitiser instead of washing my hands, so I already have multiple bottles of hand sanitiser. I gave a bottle to my nan :) i also have poo poo loads of toilet paper, but am running low on pasta.

i assume mother's day isn't cancelled yet so i'm going to have to brave the supermarket to buy a card at some point.

Pasta restocked near me, seems the hoarders and done their hoarding for now

i bought gnocci for a spinach and cashew ricotta thing, obvs.

Furia posted:

People whose entire life is “gently caress you, dad” are now really worried about the people that what maybe a week ago were called turbo fascists

i'm all for it killing specifically landlords, tories and gamms.

I'd rather it didn't kill my lefty nan, tho she did die in december so i'd be impressed if it did.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Chrs posted:

I did that just make sure you've got normal moisturiser to pop on afterwards because the homemade poo poo will absolutely dry your hands out

vitty is abnormally moist anyway

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Ratjaculation posted:

Pasta restocked near me, seems the hoarders and done their hoarding for now

i bought gnocci for a spinach and cashew ricotta thing, obvs.

This is my hope. Things would be a lot easier if we didn't have dipshits emptying all the supermarket shelves as soon as the stock goes out. Hopefully they'll go into hiding and when they come out to stock up again they'll see that the shops do have stuff so its not necessary

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Chrs posted:

This is my hope. Things would be a lot easier if we didn't have dipshits emptying all the supermarket shelves as soon as the stock goes out. Hopefully they'll go into hiding and when they come out to stock up again they'll see that the shops do have stuff so its not necessary

hopefully.

they are notably thick, as you say, so i expect to see wheelie bins full of unused pasta and rice in 5 months or whatever

(please note: I do not look in wheelie bins all the time)

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Ratjaculation posted:

In that case he'll be normal lol

My other advice is make one of the spray recipes not the gel, because unless I'm just doing it wrong the homemade gels don't really blend or have much texture so you just get alcohol with bits of aloe vera floating about at the bottom of the bottle

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

My brother went out and bought a poo poo load of tins of beans but only has a bit of toilet roll lol. Recipe for disaster if you ask me.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Furia posted:

what are you on about

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

a lot of gels use glycerol as a thickener, which was also have some of, which is good for your skin apparently?

it would help if the handwash they provide here didn't have the moisturising properties of battery acid but that's asking too much

Ratjaculation posted:

hello

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Chrs posted:

My brother went out and bought a poo poo load of tins of beans but only has a bit of toilet roll lol. Recipe for disaster if you ask me.

branston?

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Tesco home brand :barf:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I got told off for planning how to spend my inheritance

I got removed from my parent's inheritance because I fell out with my dad

I don't want him to die though

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Wtf who are these people

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

new, moist posters

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I actually only said Branston to fit in

I actually don't mind cheap beans other than the bean to sauce ratio, though I look past that for 16p

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
My advice is for to cook the beans until they do become a delicious orange paste. Even the really boggin brands like those ones you get in Lidl are fine in that state

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

I don't want him to die though

No point now

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ratjaculation posted:

I actually only said Branston to fit in

I actually don't mind cheap beans other than the bean to sauce ratio, though I look past that for 16p

The ones from Aldi aren't too bad imo. I proper love Branson beans though, gently caress Heinz that poo poo is too sugary.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's weird out. i popped out to do a little bit of work but the atmosphere is so sombre it's uncomfortable. It's weird cause yesterday it was like business as usual everywhere.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i think i was close to tears, this poo poo has finally hit home and life is gonna be so different for a few months. maybe for the next couple of years. i dunno how most places are gonna cope.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I was planning to cope by drinking heavily. I hope the off licences don't run out of booze 😕

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

just saw my oval office neighbour round the shops, he was wearing a mask and coughing his lungs out so fingers crossed

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Schools are shut.

This is going to be hell. Going to have to try extra hard not to wind people up on the forums and get banned cos then I'll be even more bored.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Yeah I'm dreading going to work tomorrow morning cos it's all going to be so bleak and so far I've not been experiencing much depression or panic over this all. I think facing an empty restaurant and city will change that though.

I just wonder about the upcoming months during and after this all.

Anyway, stay safe my goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Closing schools just means more kids hanging around outside the shops, great.