Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Solefald posted:

Yeah I'm dreading going to work tomorrow morning cos it's all going to be so bleak and so far I've not been experiencing much depression or panic over this all. I think facing an empty restaurant and city will change that though.

I just wonder about the upcoming months during and after this all.

Anyway, stay safe my goons.

If it's any consolation, that sausage you recommended is delicious - I'm having some with lentils, carrot, onion, paprika and garlic now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'll be working from home for the next few months now

as a retard masturbator

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Amid all the plunging indicators, at least wanking at home must be reaching record levels this week.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Local pub has shut up.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

can't imagine my place will be able to stay open now with schools closing

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

just got back from tesco. no milk, bread, eggs, flour or pasta, and 90% of the frozen stuff is gone or going.

i bought some whiskey to have a belated st patricks day celebration

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just lied to the gf about how I think it's all going to be fine lol.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

oh no computer posted:

just got back from tesco. no milk, bread, eggs, flour or pasta, and 90% of the frozen stuff is gone or going.

i bought some whiskey to have a belated st patricks day celebration

Was it a big out of town Tesco with a massive carpark?

I live just off a local high street that has multiple smaller supermarkets with little/ no parking and they're much better supplied. If you have to carry the food away yourself, it means selfish twats can't just load up their fake landrover with a pallet load of pasta, beans and bogroll and piss off with it.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

yeah it's one with a huge carpark, that's a good tip, I might pop into town tomorrow to see if sainburys is any better

it'll mean going on the bus though which might mean i'll catch something

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah this exactly about the car park shops. The man behind me in the queue in Lidl today was forced by the checkout assistant to hand over 2 bags of his 6 to me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if the small supermarkets are still bad, go to places that are not supermarkets

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Hmmm having said that right now the corner shop is loving raided

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Just lied to the gf about how I think it's all going to be fine lol.
unless either of you have ongoing lung problems or are over 70 its probably going to be ok for you at least

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's more the mental health side of things really. Like a lot of people no doubt, she was already pretty sideways, now the kids are sent home, she's working from home but everything's cancelled anyway so dunno how long the pay check keeps coming in and now she can't buy pasta! Also her usual weed dealer had nothing.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Tempted to get back with the Romanian guy since he'll be good at helping me survive in our apocalyptic future hmmmm

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

upstairs keep tittering and i think it's going to be several months of this, unless i kill them first

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

We've had to drag the four poster bed away from the wall cos the lass next door keeps hammering on the wall in retaliation

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I just had to carry a load of shopping up the hill because they're cancelling buses already. Guess the old people routes aren't worth the effort when the old people ain't going outside.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

the other day my neighbour was loudly singing "fat bottomed girls" by queen for about 20mins and it gave me flashbacks to uni where my flatmate would get his electric guitar and play/sing "crazy little thing called love" over and over again for hours

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lots of memes in WhatsApp

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Local folk on Facebook keep going on about seeing the army rolling in around here lmfao what the hell

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they'll be a better bet to shack up with than the romanian

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The army need to secure the vital... Is anything there vital?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

There's been massive conspiracy theories that the government is gonna quarantine the Wirral or some poo poo. This place is mental.

Anyway goodnight, off to work tomorrow wish me luck I don't die out there

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I just got through a quite in depth talking to with the gf where I explained it was just important to be sensible. Not gently caress up and do dumb things that needed medical intervention.

So she seemed to get it. I got up, had a swig of wine and set off to the grill where our fritata was cooking and grabbed the pan handle.

We're off to a and e now

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I just got through a quite in depth talking to with the gf where I explained it was just important to be sensible. Not gently caress up and do dumb things that needed medical intervention.

So she seemed to get it. I got up, had a swig of wine and set off to the grill where our fritata was cooking and grabbed the pan handle.

We're off to a and e now

a tragedy in three acts

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

We never hear our neighbour which makes me worry that we're the noisy ones

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Rip 99, enjoy your free dose of covid 19

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Chrs posted:

Tesco home brand

perfectly acceptable. honestly heinz's have been a constant disappointment since they took all the salt out. also they call them "beanz" with a "z" like they are a children's toy from the '90s

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

If anyone is ever in NZ or Oz, do not have Watties beans or ketchup.

It's utter rank, is almost pure sugar but kiwis love it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

oh no computer posted:

the other day my neighbour was loudly singing "fat bottomed girls" by queen for about 20mins and it gave me flashbacks to uni where my flatmate would get his electric guitar and play/sing "crazy little thing called love" over and over again for hours

The guy in the room next to me in first year of uni had dyspraxia and also a guitar and was extremely bad at playing Everlong by Foo Fighters

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

oh but seriously I posted:

perfectly acceptable. honestly heinz's have been a constant disappointment since they took all the salt out. also they call them "beanz" with a "z" like they are a children's toy from the '90s

Baked beans in general are a tough sell for me so I'm not an expert but if I remember correctly aren't the home brand ones a bit desaturated and mushy?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Chrs posted:

Baked beans in general are a tough sell for me so I'm not an expert but if I remember correctly aren't the home brand ones a bit desaturated and mushy?

My relationship is breaking down lol. I was drunkenly presented with the options of going up to bed, lying comprise on the sofa or leaving altogether.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Instead I've locked myself in the bathroom

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

upstairs keep tittering and i think it's going to be several months of this, unless i kill them first

I used to live underneath a flat full of dick heads who were all in their late 30s but still clinging to the idea that they were young. They'd have raging loving parties all the time into the early hours of the morning and when you complained about the noise they'd be like "Errr well its the weekend so you're not at work tomorrow???" despite the fact that they'd do this mid-week too. They had a playlist I doubt has been updated since they were at uni because it was all stuff like Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. They never changed or updated it. Sometimes they'd have a wrestle so you'd have all these blokes slamming all over the hard floors and screaming really loud at 3am.

I'm so loving glad I don't live there anymore because I guarantee they'll be doing it every night during this whole thing.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Chrs posted:

the branston ones are good but i am pretty sure i heard they are racist or something

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i am pretty sure i am just going to live in my noise reducing headphones for two weeks if we get infected, which we totally will because the sister in law is still going to the gym every day

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

My mate got right mad at me today because I cancelled our climbing session this afternoon. According to him there is absolutely nothing wrong, I am overreacting and imaging things (wtf?)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I have to keep going to work in a building with hundreds of people thanks Boris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Waiting for my bus to the city and there is NO ONE here waiting. There's usually between 5-10 people here. Town is gonna be eery.

Apparently the art gallery is still open so I'm gonna go in after work to go see my favourite apocalyptic painting by John Martin

"The Last Man"

Kinda fitting for the time

It's closed 😭