Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SilvergunSuperman posted:

This website's obsession with bidets is truly strange.
That's like saying "these people keep talking about air conditioning and heating, what weirdos"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

My friend, have you tried one?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

This thread was way ahead of the current TP shortage because of the great Bidet Hope.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Visited by local co after work today; everything seemed just fine. The only thing obviously out of stock was fresh chicken breasts. Bread and frozen chicken were in low supply but still available, I say as someone who only went by to get flatbread and a criminal amount of hummus.

Crisis averted, folks, the pandemic is hereby over.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
My allergies are insane today, so I did not go to Costco as to not start a panic.

Went to TJ's quickly instead and got good cheeses meats and reasonable amounts of snacks.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

They buy the cheap ones that leave them with a wet rear end.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i bought a full out japanese toilet from the most cyperpunk districts of Nagasaki, my butthole has never been fresher

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

BONGHITZ posted:

i bought a full out japanese toilet from the most cyperpunk districts of Nagasaki, my butthole has never been fresher

:worship:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

BONGHITZ posted:

If you don’t say “domo arigato mr roboto” after taking a poo poo I don’t even know what to think.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

KakerMix posted:

People are hoarding toilet paper in the US because their neighbor is hoarding toilet paper. That's it. There is no actual real reason outside of people being idiots.
Yeah, when I was at church a few weeks ago, I gave in to the stampede and bought a package of paper towels despite having adequate stock. The social proof was pretty drat powerful.

I didn't buy any TP though because Wifezwang and I have plenty and I didn't want to be part of the problem there.

Still gonna have to get me a hot dawg the next time I go back. If they're still serving food of course.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I tried a bidet and it loving sucked, sorry nerds

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
sounds like you got a vacuum instead :classiclol:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Is Costco back to normal now? Running out of that frozen yakisoba. My kids love that poo poo for some reason, which is weird because they're kids, and they have vegetables usually.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Grem posted:

Is Costco back to normal now?

Oh, sweetie.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Went to Costco in Denver on Monday. Not bad at all. Only stiff missing was TP and dog food. Walked straight to a cashier at checkout.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Grem posted:

Is Costco back to normal now? Running out of that frozen yakisoba. My kids love that poo poo for some reason, which is weird because they're kids, and they have vegetables usually.

Look up your Costco on Google Maps before thinking about going and see how busy they are.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

That stuff is one of my work lunch staples. They have frozen ramen that's pretty good, too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My usual wasn't too bad. Less crowded due to social distancing but a small line to get in that got a little bigger once I was leaving.

The little side area that has all the appliances and poo poo is absolutely devoid of people, since eveyone's stocking up on Milk, Eggs and TP.

I was there last Wed or Thurs and it was just out of bread and dairy and a lot of the produce had been picked through. Most stuff was stocked this morning (like bread)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Grem posted:

You have some smart kids. I love the frozen yakisoba noodles.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Zugzwang posted:

Yeah, when I was at church a few weeks ago, I gave in to the stampede and bought a package of paper towels despite having adequate stock. The social proof was pretty drat powerful.

I didn't buy any TP though because Wifezwang and I have plenty and I didn't want to be part of the problem there.

Still gonna have to get me a hot dawg the next time I go back. If they're still serving food of course.

The show I just did was cancelled early (Los Angeles) and the first day they served hotdogs with food court seating, the second day they removed the seating and said all of it had to be Togo, the third and fourth day they simply put the tables and seats 6 feet away from each other.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

https://twitter.com/bri_sacks/status/1240311127189286914?s=19

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

FCKGW posted:

I tried a bidet and it loving sucked, sorry nerds

Are you sure you had the hose hooked up correctly?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

This is deeply stupid, office workers' entire job is to breathe on each other in a crowd. They aren't being sent home because they are UPPER CRUST they are being sent home because their job is pointlessly dangerous, just like college students or athletes or whatever.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I fought on the frontlines of the COVIDWARS as an office worker at Costco

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Staff and managers from my local ‘Co have been posting on Facebook. They are opening early for elderly and disabled shoppers (exclusively) and have announced that they won’t be taking returns on basically all the panic buying items.

They also let slip that the line for entry usually forms around 4:30am.

However, it’s nice and quiet after 1pm since they will have long sold out of what people want by then.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Grem posted:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They were wrong about rice though. They had an endcap with a fair number of 40 or 50 pound bags.

And they had a shitload of Tillamook cheddar bricks and slices so I can't see how they can say cheese is really an issue. Like if they were out of everything except that lovely wannabe parm and the cheese platter mixes I could see saying they were out of most cheese.

But there was other stuff that should have been on there and wasn't. They were completely out of milk, half and half, and cream.

No TP and nearly every single cart had a huge paper towel pack and/or napkins. RIP the sewer system.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Lmao actually thankful now for Texas Costcos being required to have a separate liquor store. Go by and see a huge rear end line for the main store. Park, walk up and ask where the line is for the liquor store...there is none, attendant creates a space in the line for me to cut across and shop in an empty store.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Ultimate Mango posted:

they won’t be taking returns on basically all the panic buying items.

loving good. I hope they stick with this.

Depending on how serious they are about encouraging workers to work from home, it's functionally the same as closing campus with the upside of allowing people with personal issues that would prevent them from actually "working from home" to have a place to go. I've never felt less in danger of contracting a virus then the day I went in to my Seattle-area office last week. Literally 10,000sq ft of office space with less people present than I could count on one hand.

edit: Seems like things are finally turning in Seattle. Even with a 250 person occupancy limit, the wait is only 15 minutes once the morning rush dies out from what I'm hearing. Still quite a bit of stuff out of stock though, apparently.

BeastOfExmoor fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 19, 2020

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Depending on how serious they are about encouraging workers to work from home, it's functionally the same as closing campus with the upside of allowing people with personal issues that would prevent them from actually "working from home" to have a place to go. I've never felt less in danger of contracting a virus then the day I went in to my Seattle-area office last week. Literally 10,000sq ft of office space with less people present than I could count on one hand.

edit: Seems like things are finally turning in Seattle. Even with a 250 person occupancy limit, the wait is only 15 minutes once the morning rush dies out from what I'm hearing. Still quite a bit of stuff out of stock though, apparently.

And on literally the polar opposite end of the Spectrum (heh) you have Charter Communications.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Clackamas Costco report from my brother-in-law yesterday - no line, things mostly in stock.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Does anyone have a good panic buy Roni list for the 'sco?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

poisonpill posted:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

:lol: :hf:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

poisonpill posted:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
All the Trident fish sticks were sold out when I was there on Friday.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Laterite posted:

All the Trident fish sticks were sold out when I was there on Friday.

I got an unopened box of Trident beer battered cod in my freezer I got two weeks ago. DM me with offers. :grin:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

nooo my Most (tm) Canned Meats. I love Most Brand. They always have most meat :(

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Went to the Richmond, BC Costco today to stock up on non-perishables, it was insanely empty for what is usually the busiest store in the Lower Mainland. Modest queue outside with like half-a-dozen staff ensuring people maintained proper 6ft distancing and handing out sanitizing wipes. They were letting people in only to replace people exiting to keep customer density in the store low. Stock levels were good apart from the obvious staples like rice, TP, etc. They don’t take your card at the till now, you have to hold it so they can scan it.

This “office workers have to come in to work” thing I appreciate in principle as a form of solidarity with front-line staff, but it’s just not appropriate for a pandemic. It will cost lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

BeastOfExmoor posted:

In most places they've also been arresting the people who mass-purchased with the intention of reselling to desperate people, which is also satisfying.