Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

lol

I have 2.4 full time equivalent total in this pharmacy and I’m the only pharmacist

we’re literally the opposite and I’m on the front lines

yikes. and i was joking about the capacity. and even if you're granted it, just turning up that many servers in that many heterogeneous metros is surprisingly difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PCjr sidecar posted:

the ambiguity of ‘streamer or cammer’ when one of your students/coworkers zooms in with a very good camera setup

you can tell if they have a gamer chair

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

lol

I have 2.4 full time equivalent total in this pharmacy and I’m the only pharmacist

threaten to quit if you don’t get a raise

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

lol

ohhh echi

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Sagebrush posted:

also i'm really tortured about whether i should require students to have video on during our "class" sessions.

or in my case, avoiding video because i get massively distracted between making eye contact with the camera and looking at the screen

disembodied voice honestly preferable.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

or in my case, avoiding video because i get massively distracted between making eye contact with the camera and looking at the screen

disembodied voice honestly preferable.

gaze correction is a thing and it's coming to these systems pretty soon. a non terrible application for ml actually.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

“meatgaze correction” is a pretty good username.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

threaten to quit if you don’t get a raise

I’m never getting a raise

I’m like real scared they’d say no and then I’d be so sad

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

is it a chain

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah boss owns like 4 and wishes it was a chain but also wants to call the chain “community pharmacy” which is pretty dumb as that’s just what every community pharmacy already is called 🙄

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sounds like they're sending the USNS Mercy hospital ship up here, and the Comfort to NYC :toot:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Someone in my office just went to Maui and emailed us all letting us know she has flu symptoms. Good thing I didn't go in at all this week.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my parents just got back from Maui :ohdear:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Achmed Jones posted:

my parents just got back from Maui :ohdear:

I hope they are back because I think they are going to close the airports.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

they are :) I know that Hawaii hasn't really been hit by outbreaks, but they're older and while they're not in terrible shape, they're still midwesterners in their 60s so I worry. they've been home a week now; I think 5 days is median for symptoms showing so they're probably ok

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Achmed Jones posted:

they are :) I know that Hawaii hasn't really been hit by outbreaks, but they're older and while they're not in terrible shape, they're still midwesterners in their 60s so I worry. they've been home a week now; I think 5 days is median for symptoms showing so they're probably ok

yeah if it’s been 5 days they are on the falling side of the curve.

we are starting to get outbreaks, but we are only at 17 confirmed as of noon today. they basically closed all tourism today too, it’s going to get really rough, but at least we still have military money.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Stereotype posted:

I hope they are back because I think they are going to close the airports.

oh no stuck in hawaii what will i ever do

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

rotor posted:

oh no stuck in hawaii what will i ever do

Yeah it could be worse. We are going to be trapped here for months though. I hope the supply lines hold up

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Stereotype posted:

Yeah it could be worse. We are going to be trapped here for months though. I hope the supply lines hold up

well you got the whole dang us navy there so things might be tight but i dont think it'll be too bad

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

rotor posted:

well you got the whole dang us navy there so things might be tight but i dont think it'll be too bad

we have an enormous base for every branch of the military. They built the most expensive highway in the world by mile (The H3) to connect the marines to the navy/airforce. It's going to be fortress Hawaii for a bit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we’re closing our borders to all non residents soon

someone said this was gonna be like y2k levels bad but i’m
wondering if it’s gonna be worse

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

we’re closing our borders to all non residents soon

someone said this was gonna be like y2k levels bad but i’m
wondering if it’s gonna be worse

it’s ww2 bad, op

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
here we have to print and fill a form to justify being outside and we can get fined 135€ if we are outside without it

even though im a shutin and have no problem staying home I find it very stressful that can't just freely go outside if I want to (even though talking a walk is actually permitted)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I actually videoed with a few coworkers today. it was nice to see some other faces than my household or the few neighbors also out walking with their kids :)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

my neighbors are quarantined and they put a paper seal on the door to law sure everyone knows if they break out

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

my neighbors are quarantined and they put a paper seal on the door to law sure everyone knows if they break out

What does all the text say ?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

basically something like “this household is under medical isolation observation” with the start and end dates and phone numbers for the building and neighborhood management offices

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

it’s ww2 bad, op

that’s awfully optimistic

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

that’s a very good idea.

it doesn’t stop people though. my fiancé says she saw someone who was actually welded into their apartment on the Internet

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i don’t know why my phone autocorrected that to law sure. i wrote make sure

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lol our continuity team need to seriously ask themselves how they managed to fail to look at how voice comms would work in this scenario this is a clusterfuck

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

fart simpson posted:

it’s ww2 bad, op

yeah i finally read that report that scared the poo poo out of our state governments and actually got them to act for once. it’s uh... not good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah i finally read that report that scared the poo poo out of our state governments and actually got them to act for once. it’s uh... not good

what report is that

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

what report is that

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

fart simpson posted:

what report is that

think pizza bat means this

https://twitter.com/jeremycyoung/status/1239975682643357696

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

ya

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
how do people wfh every day i just played video games for half the day yesterday

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

when my day consisted of 2 hours of coding and 6 hours of grab rear end/mentoring/compiling this wfh thing really ain't that bad

not going to lie though the urge to mmo is steadily rising

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Shaman Linavi posted:

not going to lie though the urge to mmo is steadily rising

My shaking pointer has been hovering over the "install" button in the Blizzard launcher as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

barkbell posted:

how do people wfh every day i just played video games for half the day yesterday

being able to self-structure time.

congrats on being the reason managers think they need your rear end in the chair for work to be done