Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

If you have the expansion: Keep what you'd like until level 40, especially weapon/armor mods, and THEN start focusing on melting.
I do not have WONY :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Hollandia posted:

I do not have WONY :(

According to this...

quote:

Increased Level Cap

Your adventures in New York require an upgrade to your firepower, which is why in The Division 2 Warlords of New York, players will be able to increase their Level from 30 to 40, and are presented with our new end-game. Gear Score, a term our veteran players know, will no longer be the way to measure how powerful your agent will be once you venture into South Manhattan. You can check out the changes coming to the game with The Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion here.

Players who don’t own the expansion will continue to protect Washington D.C. in World Tier 5, at Level 30 and an increased 515 Gear Score.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yes that's why it's just a UI bug. Recalibration works fine it only show the wrong stat.

Thanks!

Was posting in response to the Lucky Shot guy. But also the recalibration works and I'm glad it's a UI bug and not just some horrible design.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Morter posted:

Don't you have to be behind cover for Lucky Shot to work? It looked like you were just standing there

:negative:

You're right. This also instantly explains why it wasn't working with shield. Mostly useless for me I guess as I only really use it while having my shield out.

Back to Boomerang I go, luckily I didn't throw it out.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I can't quite find a straight answer on this anywhere, so maybe someone here knows:

When people say they're building to hit the 60% crit chance cap, are they including stuff like Coyote Mask,or gun talents like Killer that grant crit chance? Or are they really sitting at like 40-45% crit and relying on those buffs to hit the cap? I guess the other possibility is that the 60% cap is only for crit chance from gear, and you can actually get higher with talents active?

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 19, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can hit 60 before any of the gear talent bonuses kick in. It takes some doing but it's possible; you basically need a combination of 2 piece Providence and 1 piece Ceska plus a lot of mod slots and minor attribute rolls for crit chance.

60 is a hard cap and talents won't push above that, but you can sit below it and use talents to reach the 60.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So then it probably makes more sense to shoot for 40-50% and use those minor attribute slots for crit damage or defensive stats, yeah?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hulk Krogan posted:

I can't quite find a straight answer on this anywhere, so maybe someone here knows:

When people say they're building to hit the 60% crit chance cap, are they including stuff like Coyote Mask,or gun talents like Killer that grant crit chance? Or are they really sitting at like 40-45% crit and relying on those buffs to hit the cap? I guess the other possibility is that the 60% cap is only for crit chance from gear, and you can actually get higher with talents active?

Killer grants critical damage, not chance, and most weapon talents only give damage as well. Some do give chance under more specific conditions. 60% is the cap on chance regardless of where it comes from.

Anyways they aren’t necessarily reaching 60% only from the Coyote mask but it does give a ton of help, especially for the M1A classic since you will be 15-25 meters away a lot of the time. If I didn’t have that mask I’d only be around 45% chance, but since I’m constantly at 55% at least that allows me to put more attributes into critical damage. Speaking for myself before any Coyote buff I get 9.5% from my M1 minor attribute, 10% from weapon mods, 10% from 2 piece Providence, 10.8% from armor mods, and 4.6% from an armor attribute.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Depends on the gun you're using and your play style. For something like a rifle or marksman rifle I don't find stacking crit chance that useful. You'll get big meaty numbers when you do crit, but with low fire caps and/or high recoil you won't be shooting super fast anyway. With any kind of automatic (AR, SMG, LMG) you want to get as close as you can to 60 because through sheer volume of fire you'll be critting often. Like if you're using Coyote's mask, 50 crit chance with an automatic weapon is good enough and the rest comes from the mask talent.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

Killer grants critical damage, not chance, and most weapon talents only give damage as well.

Yeah I think I was thinking of Vindictive. Either way, thanks for the answers. Good to know I can look out for a little more CHD or blue stats from here on out.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

UnknownMercenary posted:

Depends on the gun you're using and your play style. For something like a rifle or marksman rifle I don't find stacking crit chance that useful. You'll get big meaty numbers when you do crit, but with low fire caps and/or high recoil you won't be shooting super fast anyway. With any kind of automatic (AR, SMG, LMG) you want to get as close as you can to 60 because through sheer volume of fire you'll be critting often. Like if you're using Coyote's mask, 50 crit chance with an automatic weapon is good enough and the rest comes from the mask talent.

For rifles I think you definitely do need to stack crit chance. The defining attribute of rifles is crit damage and if you're not scoring crits then that's a wasted stat. You may not be firing as much with a rifle but you need to make sure those shots count and having a high crit chance is one way to ensure that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The other thing I have on my rifle is Boomerang, so crit chance is for that too.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kind of wish they'd force even teams at some point before or during multiplayer matches. I like it ok and don't think I'm too horrible, but it's hard to tell when one team or the other has half or twice as many people on it

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Hulk Krogan posted:

The mortar definitely damages them but I think the damage is split between their armor plates or something, so it takes a lot of shots. It does stagger them pretty reliably though so if you leave them to last you can whittle them down. Using the grenade launcher or an LMG (especially the with Sadist, since the mortar applies bleed) while you pound them with mortars speeds things up some.

tweet my meat posted:

I'm liking the tamper proof chest talent to keep tanks off my turrets and hives. The mortar definitely does damage to them, it just takes a bunch to break through the armor. The mortar turret is a solid choice since it remains viable and strong all the way up to endgame heroics and is also very simple to get a basic optimized build going for if you just run 4 piece hardwired with skill damage and 1 piece each of china light and wyvern with some good skill damage talents.

If it's splitting the damage between all pieces of their armour that would explain why it alone isn't doing the trick. I guess I just have to get good; I've been trying to work on juggling shooting and targeting the mortar at the same time so I think I just need to get better at that for the big guys.

By the way, is the NSA facility in the classified mission near Air Force One a real place or was it the devs having some fun? Because it may as well have been something from a Bond movie.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

If it's splitting the damage between all pieces of their armour that would explain why it alone isn't doing the trick. I guess I just have to get good; I've been trying to work on juggling shooting and targeting the mortar at the same time so I think I just need to get better at that for the big guys.

By the way, is the NSA facility in the classified mission near Air Force One a real place or was it the devs having some fun? Because it may as well have been something from a Bond movie.

I believe there are rumoured to be tunnels between the White House and the capitol and if there are there are probably some support rooms like ventilation or storage but I'm guessing there probably isn't an Umbrella secret lab down there.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Kibayasu posted:

I believe there are rumoured to be tunnels between the White House and the capitol and if there are there are probably some support rooms like ventilation or storage but I'm guessing there probably isn't an Umbrella secret lab down there.

I figured but at the same time I wouldn't have been surprised if some boring IRL spies insisted that their workplace look like a movie secret base set.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I can't even bring myself to play this game now that it's 5000% closer to reality since release day.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Lol try being in the DC area. I had to go into town a few days ago for work reasons and it was surreal. I saw a grand total of 3 people on a half mile walk between the Smithsonian stop and where I was going. Normally you would see literally hundreds. Serious div vibes.

Only in div you see more people because, you know, roving post apocalyptic murder bands

That said I’m still playing.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I live in Manhattan so this game is a real trip right now. But yeah still playing. :thumbsup:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Cyrano4747 posted:

Lol try being in the DC area. I had to go into town a few days ago for work reasons and it was surreal. I saw a grand total of 3 people on a half mile walk between the Smithsonian stop and where I was going. Normally you would see literally hundreds. Serious div vibes.

Only in div you see more people because, you know, roving post apocalyptic murder bands

Well this is the perfect time to go to the Smithsonian then.
2 worst things about moving to the west coast, no good steamed crabs and no trips to the Smithsonian Air & Space/Natural History museums.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

9/11 didn't make action movies extinct, they flew off Blockbuster's shelves because people wanted to see terrorists get killed. Outbreak and other pandemic movies are getting lots of views on streaming services right now. Things like this tend to have the opposite effect on media consumption that people think

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm not saying there's an ethical component or anything of the sort. I just want to think about anything other than plague and food shortages.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cyrano4747 posted:

Warlords of NY has my old office in it, and the whole area around it is 1:1 recreated. poo poo’s freaky and I love it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The rogue agent attacks are fun but only seem to happen when you are already in the middle of something so your chances of survival go down

Maybe that's the point? Simulating some player taking advantage of your situation? I've never had it happen when I'm not being attacked already.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm the weirdo who because of the pandemic went back and finished the last couple missions of the first game and then bought the sequel (during the $3 sale) and have been playing way too much of that.

It has the opposite effect on me because it reminds me that as bad as covid-19 is, it isn't the dollar flu and things will never get that bad. Also, it's cool being able to do something about it in game.

edit: well in the second game you're not able to do anything about the plague but helping the settlements rebuild their utilities makes me warm and fuzzy, I just try to ignore the fascist power fantasy aspect re: the fact that there are people declared shoot on sight on the streets of an American city.

Though I find myself nodding along with the propaganda broadcasts from the hostile factions in both this and New York and I'm not sure that's unintentional

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 19, 2020

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

At least the hostiles also consider you to be shoot on sight.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Warlords of NY has my old office in it, and the whole area around it is 1:1 recreated. poo poo’s freaky and I love it.

After my meeting I hopped into div and went to a walk to the building I was in. I found the door I walked in and it was accurate down to the metal decorations around it.

Pretty cool.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

After my meeting I hopped into div and went to a walk to the building I was in. I found the door I walked in and it was accurate down to the metal decorations around it.

Pretty cool.

That's crazy. I need to pay attention more when I'm walking around and looking at things if it really is that real-world detailed.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cyrano4747 posted:

Pretty cool.

The trinity church fast travel point is also the rector street stop I would get off the subway every day. Someone described an event in a coffee shop near it and I was like “oh, the Dunkin over there by Washington street”, and I navigated there from memory and found it. The fidelity in these maps is incredible. My old bar I’d go to after work even has the same storefront.

Is there a way to mass-open apparel caches? I’ve been sitting on a bunch of keys but actually using 20 of them is tedious.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That's crazy. I need to pay attention more when I'm walking around and looking at things if it really is that real-world detailed.

The names of business are changed, and of course there's damage/debris, but other than that it's strikingly accurate to the real world (at least speaking for NYC). My office building was in the dark zone in the first game and it's like Cyrano said - recreated down to even small details.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah actual names is where poo poo gets weird for obvious reasons. Everything from the NYPD being “NYCPD” or something through whatever odd not-Smithsonian name they gave it.

The insides of buildings can also be wonky. Air and Space is pretty close but American History is just totally different (the Vietnam room with the jungle poo poo doesn’t exist for example) That’s down to needing good level design though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah actual names is where poo poo gets weird for obvious reasons. Everything from the NYPD being “NYCPD” or something through whatever odd not-Smithsonian name they gave it.

The insides of buildings can also be wonky. Air and Space is pretty close but American History is just totally different (the Vietnam room with the jungle poo poo doesn’t exist for example) That’s down to needing good level design though.

Manning instead of Smithsonian. Legal risk they wanted to avoid?

And yeah, A&S is pretty solid. I recognized actual wings of that building from having been there, and some of the exhibits are genuinely spot on.

my favorite example of the renames is how they renamed the Metro stations; in Jefferson Plaza station or whatever there is one sign behind a fence with the actual name (L'Enfant Plaza) and I don't know why that texture is still in game but it is. Did they originally plan to use real names? Was it just a test? Who knows....

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is there a way to mass-open apparel caches? I’ve been sitting on a bunch of keys but actually using 20 of them is tedious.

you can quick chain open them one after another (I think it's press X while looking at what your first cache gives you?) and button mash some of the animations but otherwise no. I try to remember to open them while I'm waiting for matchmaking, doing 2-3 at a time keeps it manageable.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Another one is Coney Island.

Solar Park is called Luna Park IRL

edit: What's the best activity or mission to farm elite Outcast kills and lighting them on fire?

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 19, 2020

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Do I have really bad luck with the crafting table or is there no damage+ mods for the striker drone anymore? All I get are Healing+ and Additional bombs.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Snuffman posted:

Do I have really bad luck with the crafting table or is there no damage+ mods for the striker drone anymore? All I get are Healing+ and Additional bombs.

They seem fairly rare, but I've had a few show up for me. I think only for the Feed Slot, though. 6% is max.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Pretty cool.

My favorite was my old office in DC. They of course recreated the building accurately, but what really impressed me was they also put a line of food trucks out front where they would normally park during lunch. So they didn't just get the fixed locations down, they also captured the details of daily life in the area.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Build question, I have a skill build I'm quite enjoying but I was looking for thoughts on how I can make it better.

Preservation on both guns is for surviveability (unless there's a talent I missed that returns armor on skill kills?).

The setup is this, I toss my maxxed out poke-balls, they kill stuff. Pop maxed striker-drone, its off buzzing around killing stuff and the calculated talent ensures I get my seekers back quick. Hard-wire is for the bonuses and that initial HW insta-skill-return and damage boost. All my Utility mods are skill-haste.

Would I be better off with Hanna-U instead of HW? I was thinking of swapping the chest out for Door-Kickers-Knock (Perfect Spark). I was using Tartigrade for my main armor, may go back (would "Zero-F's" be better?), I was also using a Perfect-Spike rifle but it bounces all over the place and can't score consistent headshots.

The big problems I have is if I get caught in a bad place, my survivability isn't great and I have real problems with chain-gun heavies.

I want more survivability and more space Clancy-Mil-Tech wizard.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Hakarne posted:

My favorite was my old office in DC. They of course recreated the building accurately, but what really impressed me was they also put a line of food trucks out front where they would normally park during lunch. So they didn't just get the fixed locations down, they also captured the details of daily life in the area.

I was so saddened to see the DC playable map in-game does not include Tortilla Coast. I would always wander there after Nats games and listen to drunken congressional aides whining about how their hometown team got beat. It was magical.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I can scream through Challenging, but trying the Heroic Roosevelt Island is just.. not fun. One or two shot by reds from across the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

According to this...

Perfect, thanks - I'll start grinding for 515s. Definitely even closer to picking up WoNY now. If self isolation hits then for sure.