Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tier missions are pretty easy and reward between 7 and 9 stars each, each daily and weekly rewards 1 star. What I see probably happening is people use up all their tier missions early on and then stop working on their mission pass. Even so, just kinda halfassing it will get you to tier 15 just by burning up your tier missions and then doing dailies and weeklies sometimes. If you're any kind of diligent about it I could see someone clearing tier 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Nuebot posted:

Also; Premium does not give you mission pass gold.

EDIT: Also you can't even get all of the gold pass rewards. You can only pick one group out of each option. This is actually worse than I thought.

You get the mission pass ticket along with the premium ticket when you buy the latter on the AC shop, or at least you should. Every other method of premium acquisition at the moment (any of the three packs) gives you both tickets as well. Contact support if you bought premium with AC but did not get the mission pass.

Open beta rewards have been fixed. NOW you can get them from the visiphone.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will receive monthly bonuses, starting with today's pack.

Xbox Jacket (M) (outerwear)
Xbox Jacket (F) (outerwear)
600: Xbox X/B (emote)
601: Xbox O/X (emote)
Xbox Wireless Controller (Accessory)
Premium Set (30 Days) (x1)
Mission Pass Gold Ticket (x1)
Meseta Crystal (1,000,000) (x1)
AC Scratch Ticket (x12)

Curious to see what next month's pack looks like because, at the moment, it looks like one month of game pass is the cheapest way to get premium. It specifically states game pass ultimate, which is $15/mo at normal price.

Edit: in classic fashion, the rewards are supposed to be live but aren't working at the moment. Eventually, you will go to the game pass tab and find it underneath perks, but the codes being generated aren't working yet.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 18, 2020

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I started playing this having not really heard of it (it came out in JP in 2012???) but saw an ad for it on the xbox dash and have fond memories of the dreamcast game.

Is there a good beginner's guide somewhere? Or at least some guidance on ways not to gently caress yourself over? I've been playing a braver and gravitating towards the bow, so I fed my mag towards ranged damage.

The basics of the game are obvious and fun but the systems surrounding it are not well explained thus far.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I said come in! posted:

lol no thank you. Completely out of place for a game like this. Just offer a normal cosmetic only cash shop.

Daily and weekly missions are completely out of place? In this game which has like two or three kinds of daily/weekly missions already, and several other weird currency/advancement methods? All I hear from that release is "Do daily/weekly missions to get currency, spend the currency in the randomly cycling shop to get cosmetics you previously had to pay money for." Am I missing something?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ultrachrist posted:

I started playing this having not really heard of it (it came out in JP in 2012???) but saw an ad for it on the xbox dash and have fond memories of the dreamcast game.

Is there a good beginner's guide somewhere? Or at least some guidance on ways not to gently caress yourself over? I've been playing a braver and gravitating towards the bow, so I fed my mag towards ranged damage.

The basics of the game are obvious and fun but the systems surrounding it are not well explained thus far.

You can't really gently caress yourself over, honestly. Even Mags which are the easiest way to make a mistake can be fixed with a cost now.

For Braver, from what I recall you want a DEX mag rather than an R-ATK one. But my info might be outdated. There are a lot of guides out there, but it's a bit hard to tell exactly where we are in terms of balance and patching.

Bloodplay it again posted:

You get the mission pass ticket along with the premium ticket when you buy the latter on the AC shop, or at least you should. Every other method of premium acquisition at the moment (any of the three packs) gives you both tickets as well. Contact support if you bought premium with AC but did not get the mission pass.

Oh, yeah getting the tickets. When people were saying that premium gave you gold I misread that as actually using the premium ticket gave you gold. So I figured I'd mention that just in case anyone was as dumb as me. It's just that only now I realize how dumb I was!

The game pass stuff is alright. I'm glad they're adding in unique cosmetics for it! The xbone gamepad is cute. I'm less thrilled about the free 1mil meseta, but that could be worse. It's easy enough to earn that. But still, the inflation on things is already kind of bad. Most cosmetics I've seen on sale are already over 5mil on ship 2. Back on ship 4 in JP 1mil was the average for a very long time.

EDIT: Did they nerf the time attack CO's? They only give like 5k not 50k.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 19, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

ultrachrist posted:

A dex mag works best on braver, so if you aren't super far along in your mag (lv40 or higher I'd say) I'd recommend switching to that. This guide uses some outdated/JP terminology in some places, and is mostly geared for the JP server when it starts talking about more endgame info, but it has a lot of good info for new players even on the NA version.

E: Also if you ever have any questions the people in the discord linked in the OP will almost certainly be able to help out

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: Did they nerf the time attack CO's? They only give like 5k not 50k.

Yeah, they nerfed those into the ground a while back, but introduced the arks missions system which gives a lot of meseta for its dailies and weeklies.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, they nerfed those into the ground a while back, but introduced the arks missions system which gives a lot of meseta for its dailies and weeklies.

Dang. Last time I played JP for any real length of time (p3(?) dancing collab) they were still worth a decent amount. Oh well, somehow i keep raking in money so I'll live.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
After a couple of missions I'm dealing with inventory issues and dumping stuff into storage, what is the cheapest/howto way to get more inventory space?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ghostinmyshell posted:

After a couple of missions I'm dealing with inventory issues and dumping stuff into storage, what is the cheapest/howto way to get more inventory space?

For a start, you can dump stuff into storage straight from a mission. It's not convenient, and storage starts off small. But you can.

But more directly: You can buy permanent inventory expansions for AC, and I'd rank them up as second priority after any additional mags you might want. That sonic bundle right now comes with a bunch of inventory expansions, for example.

Premium also comes with not only some inventory expansion, but a premium exclusive inventory.

EDIT:

I found this. Neato. I also learned getting screenshots off of the xbone is a pain in the rear end.

Double edit: Also, casts, you should check your character carefully in the salon because half of my changes were completely randomized since CBT.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 19, 2020

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

ghostinmyshell posted:

https://pso2.com/manual/menu/storage
The Character Storage and Inventory upgrades are permanent, but they are bound to that character. Character Storage upgrades are cheaper per-slot than the Inventory upgrades

You are given access to Premium Storage as long as you have the Premium Set pass running

Game Pass Storage likely comes with having Xbox Game Pass running

Material Storage costs Star Gems, and is fairly expensive. however, it provides additional functionality through being a special storage that you can put all of your exchange items and grinders into, and the game will treat them as if they are in your inventory when you go to preform an action that uses a material. If you have option enabled to make Material items go straight to your inventory when they drop and Material Storage active, Material items will go directly into Material Storage instead.

EX Storage 1-5 are additional rental storage boxes; EX Storage 1 -should- be purchasable though Star Gems, the rest are AC only.

When the rental time on a storage box expires, you can still withdraw the items from the storage they are in, you simply cannot put anything into that storage until you renew the rental.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Do we have an alliance to join? I’m just running so many missions alone :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Weebly posted:

I'm not sure who wants to bite the bullet and try to make the goonsquad for this game first. Just remember if we can get at least four people and like 6000 points or whatever we get free emotes!

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Weebly posted:

I think there's a Nol Vacancy in NA Ship 2, but there might not be anyone on this exact moment to invite.

Invites are done by Player ID, which if you haven't changed it will be PN followed by some random number. You can change it by hitting options before selecting a character, and there should be an option to change your PlayerID. It says there's a charge, but your first change is free.

After that, try hopping on the Discord or asking here, I guess.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I'm not sure who wants to bite the bullet and try to make the goonsquad for this game first. Just remember if we can get at least four people and like 6000 points or whatever we get free emotes!

There is Nol vacancy in NA, join the discord and ask in there one of the officers or me will get you sorted

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

I asked in-game, but am kinda confused after looking at the stats for 12 and 13* weapons. Switched over to gunner/hunter and I am sitting on 1.1k unique weapons badges and 20 rising weapons badges. Looks like my options are:

H10 Missouri - 13* with 450 DEX requirement, 20 RWB
Nox Chario - 12* with 425 R-ATK requirement, 400 UWB

I am nearly 100 dex short of being able to equip the Missouri (which looks to have been a PSO2es weapon), but it also has about 300 more R-ATK at base level than the Chario. Presumably, some of the dex will come as my character gets to a higher level, but should I be putting skill points into +DEX in order to prep for the weapon? Comparing potentials, the Missouri seems to have a better setup, too. I'm just not entirely sure how to get to the dex requirement.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bloodplay it again posted:

I asked in-game, but am kinda confused after looking at the stats for 12 and 13* weapons. Switched over to gunner/hunter and I am sitting on 1.1k unique weapons badges and 20 rising weapons badges. Looks like my options are:

H10 Missouri - 13* with 450 DEX requirement, 20 RWB
Nox Chario - 12* with 425 R-ATK requirement, 400 UWB

I am nearly 100 dex short of being able to equip the Missouri (which looks to have been a PSO2es weapon), but it also has about 300 more R-ATK at base level than the Chario. Presumably, some of the dex will come as my character gets to a higher level, but should I be putting skill points into +DEX in order to prep for the weapon? Comparing potentials, the Missouri seems to have a better setup, too. I'm just not entirely sure how to get to the dex requirement.

No, Dex is a wasted stat on a Mag unless you are a Braver right now. There are affixes on units that can give more DEX, but really you will be able to equip the 13* once you get closer to 75. You will get a handful of DEX each level, basically, and you should never put points in DEX unless you have a class skill that converts DEX to attack power.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Preface with: I don't know if any of this matters before level cap.

Is there any resource with info on the following?

Grinding weapons - What is it? Like enhancing weapons? Which weapons should I grind? How do I know which are good/bad?

Story - I haven't really encountered any yet, I've just been doing client orders and the various ARKS missions. Is this OK? Its kind of hard to figure out where I am.

Mag - As a Braver, I want a DEX mag, yeah? I was misinformed initially and have like 20 levels in Melee attack, but the rest so far are in Dex. Is that OK? I'm using Katanas

Gear - I've noticed gear doesn't have the same defenses. If I have one piece of gear with say 20 Tech Def, and have another with 15 Melee Def, they can go in the same slot, how do I know which is "better"? Is one better?

Gear2 - Should I have 3 different weapons (katana/bow/gunblade) equipped, or just all Katanas? If all katanas, what are the differences between different weapons of the same type and power?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
grinding weapons involves taking other weapons and feeding them to the weapon you want to upgrade, like how a number of mobile games sort of operate. a weapon has a base value, but is also worth about half the exp that's been jammed into it if you use an upgraded weapon to grind something else. there's a few abilities that also grant extra grinding exp if you feed them to another weapon, like that NT EXP Weapon in the Swap Shop (the NT EXP Weapon is a rip-off imo).

story is almost entirely accessed from the Story Quests menu, there oughta be some decent rewards buried in there

you can de-level mags but it costs 5 EX-Cubes per level-down device, or it should only cost 5 anyway; it used to cost 50 until very recently on JP

when you are in one of the various equip menus, there should be a window that shows you the stat difference between what you have equipped and what you currently have selected. units gotta be upgraded too; they still use the old RNG-based success/fail system.

you can go with just Katanas if you want; really, I can say you can safely ignore gunblades on all classes unless you REALLY want to use them, but if that's the case you just go Fighter/Hunter to use those and still be not as good than if you were using any fighter weapon. Bows are good too, you could even go just bows if they were more up your alley. you can even use both katanas and bows. but you just dont really need to use gunblades are my main point.

as for individual katanas, there used to be some that had some specific uses, but lately they've been going around and just making those uses baseline functionality in order to eliminate "required" equipment. while I think there's a couple katanas that have functions like that, I don't think they're available on the NA server yet, and very soon they're making one of those changes anyway, so katanas ought to get a sudden boost in general Quality of Life as a result.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

orange juche posted:

No, Dex is a wasted stat on a Mag unless you are a Braver right now. There are affixes on units that can give more DEX, but really you will be able to equip the 13* once you get closer to 75. You will get a handful of DEX each level, basically, and you should never put points in DEX unless you have a class skill that converts DEX to attack power.

Thanks. I meant gunner SP into dex but your advice still told me what I needed to know. I mixed up the badge currencies for each weapon so I will start grinding out the 13* for when I get enough dex to equip it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Is there a good resource out there for a newbie to PSO2? I want something that explains all these mechanics a bit since I feel as though I'm just kinda getting washed over with them in game.

Like, something that explains subclasses, when those unlock, how my skill tree will work if I change classes entirely. What weapons I can use, since I got some rad rare Knuckles but apparently I can't use them? Should I be wasting upgrade mats on lower level gear? Aaaaaaaaaa

Right now I'm just dumping MEL points into my HUmar's mag and using equipment that makes the numbers go up, but at some point I feel like I may gimp myself or miss out on something just because there feels like there's soooo much going on all the time.

I basically memorized the old player's guide to PSO1, knew every map layout, knew every weapon in the game and had drop tables on my computer for every section ID. I just feel lost in this game by comparison.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kevos Setzer posted:

I think there's a Nol Vacancy in NA Ship 2, but there might not be anyone on this exact moment to invite.

Invites are done by Player ID, which if you haven't changed it will be PN followed by some random number. You can change it by hitting options before selecting a character, and there should be an option to change your PlayerID. It says there's a charge, but your first change is free.

After that, try hopping on the Discord or asking here, I guess.

Also how do we change our player IDs?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 20, 2020

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Nuebot posted:

Also how do we change our player IDs?

After you select your ship, then there's options for Choose/Create Character, either Options or Support, and then a couple others. Hit the second choice and one of the things will mention PlayerID. You can see your ID and change it if you want. The first change is free and then it costs money to change it after that.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kevos Setzer posted:

After you select your ship, then there's options for Choose/Create Character, either Options or Support, and then a couple others. Hit the second choice and one of the things will mention PlayerID. You can see your ID and change it if you want. The first change is free and then it costs money to change it after that.

Got it, and got into the alliance. Looking forward to playing with you goons at some point!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As a huge fan of PSO1 I want to really like this game, and the nuts and bolts are there, but it's tremendously confusing. There's a million systems going on and the game does a horrible job of explaining things. Is there a set of beginner guides / videos I could read or watch? I just want to make some semblance of what's going on.

Also, are all the goons that played on the English translation now jumping ship? I hope more of those folks do, as I want to see this version of the game thrive. Hell, I even remember playing Phantasy Star Universe with you guys! (That game wasn't that bad I swear)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kirios posted:

As a huge fan of PSO1 I want to really like this game, and the nuts and bolts are there, but it's tremendously confusing. There's a million systems going on and the game does a horrible job of explaining things. Is there a set of beginner guides / videos I could read or watch? I just want to make some semblance of what's going on.

Also, are all the goons that played on the English translation now jumping ship? I hope more of those folks do, as I want to see this version of the game thrive. Hell, I even remember playing Phantasy Star Universe with you guys! (That game wasn't that bad I swear)

There's a huge wealth of information on youtube that runs down how stuff works in PSO2. Once I get to a spot where I can link some stuff I'll link some good videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwanPnF69c

This one is fairly high protein, low fat. Lots of good info without a ton of fluff. If you want to play with goons, join ship 2, and get in the Nol Vacancy discord and ask in NA Campship channel. Me or one of the other officers will get you an invite.

Some of the systems are specific to JP at this time (bonus keys, levelling quests) however they will definitely be in NA once the content advances to that point.

Also, EXP caps were dead in the Closed Beta, and were not a thing. They may be a thing for Scion classes however.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 22, 2020

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Is the discord for PC or Xbox?

Also, everything I'm reading says stack all mag levels into MAtk and fix it's skills and PSB later. Is that fairly accurate for a Hunter?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Anyone have a link for said Discord? I'm on Ship 1

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
its in the thread OP

I'll probably play on the NA server to hang out with some friends of mine that have held out this long once the PC client is available, but I'm not exactly going to be "jumping ship"

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 22, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

P.N.T.M. posted:

Is the discord for PC or Xbox?

Also, everything I'm reading says stack all mag levels into MAtk and fix it's skills and PSB later. Is that fairly accurate for a Hunter?

The discord is for both, if you're a hunter put everything in to Matk yeah, for Mags you basically always want to put all your levels in your primary attack stat. The Mag system is a lot simpler than in pso1, which is a good thing imo, I didn't enjoy having to count off my feedings and plan them out ina notebook if I wanted a specific result.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:siren: Gunslash Successor Class Announced :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfl3jrkQvc8&t=6918s
:siren:This is NOT a drill:siren:

also: Vita support ending in August, they are planning a supermassive update when that happens, which will include this new class. However, they do not want to call the august update "Episode 7" just yet.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfl3jrkQvc8&t=6918s
:siren:This is NOT a drill:siren:

also: Vita support ending in August, they are planning a supermassive update when that happens, which will include this new class. However, they do not want to call the august update "Episode 7" just yet.

Gunslash prices on the market are gonna spike lol.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Two swords? How do we explain this to Dual Blades?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
they look like various forms of elemental blades; one had the looks they use for wind+lightning stuff, one looked like dark+fire, and the third could be light+ice

kinda messed up that it's the same three elemental combinations they got for compound techs

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

NextTime000 posted:

PSO2 finally has a Super Novice Class!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Secretly hoping the class inexplicably does 10% the damage the rest of the classes do just to keep in line with the weapon type itself.

I don't think I've ever seen a gunslash break 6 figures with a PA.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Is Episode 4 available on the Xbox version? I just finished 3 and it won't let switch to 4. Sorry for the dumb question, I'm having a really hard time Googling things for this game for some reason.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Is Episode 4 available on the Xbox version? I just finished 3 and it won't let switch to 4. Sorry for the dumb question, I'm having a really hard time Googling things for this game for some reason.

EP3 is as far as it goes for right now in NA, yeah

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Saagonsa posted:

EP3 is as far as it goes for right now in NA, yeah

Got it, I figured that might be the case. Appreciate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Shucks, I made my NA character on Ship 1 before finding this thread. Now that I'm 70 hours in is it possible to transfer my character to Ship 2? Or, in lieu of that, are there any folks playing on Ship 1?