Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

i can't pick one so i'm going to put forth the entire page, the amount of knowledge of mountain dew variants on display here is extensive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mountain_Dew_flavors_and_varieties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

In the spring of 2010, Babylon Bee rated the Modern Whig Party, the United States Marijuana Party, the Pirate Party, the Tea Party movement and the Alaskan Independence Party as among the "top 10 most popular alternative political movements worldwide".[25] Opinion columns in The Onion before 2010 were favorable toward the party.[26]

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Some 200 years later, his skeleton was uncovered when a tree blew over.[3]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Offensive and vulgar mnemonics include:

Black boys rape our young girls because virgins go wild.
Black boys rape our young girls behind victory garden walls.
Black boys ride our young girls but virgins go without.[11]
Black boy raped our young girl, bam, virginity gone west.
Big boys rape our young girls but Violet goes willingly.
Bad beer rots out your guts but vodka goes well.
Bad boys run our young girls behind victory garden walls.[12]
Bad boys rape our young girls but Violet gives willingly.[13][14] (Get Some Now (refers to the tolerance bands Gold, Silver or None))
Batman blows Robin on yon Gotham bridge; Vows Gordon's next.
Batman blows Robin on yon Gotham bridge; Very good Wayne! Get Superman Next!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lmao at the last two

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Vows Gordon's wnext

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol

i like that it sounds like a newspaper headline, like a reporter for the daily planet caught that scoop from a source

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Online humiliation

Online humiliation is the desire to be seen in a sexually embarrassing context on the Internet. This practice allows the submissive to seek fetish partners from across the world. As the Internet has grown and continues to grow, so does online humiliation. Anecdotal reports indicate that the proportion of men being dominated by women on the Internet, through some type of personal service provided for a fee by the woman, vastly exceeds the instances of a woman being dominated online by a man, or another woman.

Common methods of online humiliation:

• Public pillory.
  • Embarrassing photographic or video assignments for submissives, who must publicly post pictures or videos of their humiliation. The dominant may require public acts or exposure. Sometimes humiliating words are written on the submissive's body before photographing.
  • Requiring the submissive to post publicly their name, address, phone number, employer, or other personal information.
  • The requirement for submissives to keep online journals detailing personal information, such as masturbation frequency, thoughts or fantasies, technique or aid(s) used, and disposal of semen (if the submissive is allowed to masturbate).
  • The requirement for the submissive to place themself in chastity, and to publicly post a picture showing their status.
  • Verbal abuse.
  • Publicly bidding for items that reveal their fetishes.
  • Money slavery, in which the submissive must buy the dominant gifts and pay the dominant's bills and taxes, or give the dominant direct access to their bank accounts and credit cards.
  • Homework slavery, in which the submissive must do the dominant's homework or occupational work.
  • Repetitive assignments, such as copying the phone book.
  • Humiliating the submissive by changing information on social sites.
  • Controlling the submissive's computer remotely, through remote desktop software the submissive is required to install.

These practices can be conducted through chat, webcam, e-mail, BDSM contact websites, and proprietary virtual spaces such as Second Life or FetLife.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Industry 4.0 is the subset of the fourth industrial revolution[1] that concerns industry. The fourth industrial revolution encompasses areas which are not normally classified as an industry, such as smart cities, for instance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_4.0

this is the new top of my worthless wikipedia list

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Online humiliation

Online humiliation is the desire to be seen in a sexually embarrassing context on the Internet. This practice allows the submissive to seek fetish partners from across the world. As the Internet has grown and continues to grow, so does online humiliation. Anecdotal reports indicate that the proportion of men being dominated by women on the Internet, through some type of personal service provided for a fee by the woman, vastly exceeds the instances of a woman being dominated online by a man, or another woman.

Common methods of online humiliation:

• Public pillory.
  • Embarrassing photographic or video assignments for submissives, who must publicly post pictures or videos of their humiliation. The dominant may require public acts or exposure. Sometimes humiliating words are written on the submissive's body before photographing.
  • Requiring the submissive to post publicly their name, address, phone number, employer, or other personal information.
  • The requirement for submissives to keep online journals detailing personal information, such as masturbation frequency, thoughts or fantasies, technique or aid(s) used, and disposal of semen (if the submissive is allowed to masturbate).
  • The requirement for the submissive to place themself in chastity, and to publicly post a picture showing their status.
  • Verbal abuse.
  • Publicly bidding for items that reveal their fetishes.
  • Money slavery, in which the submissive must buy the dominant gifts and pay the dominant's bills and taxes, or give the dominant direct access to their bank accounts and credit cards.
  • Homework slavery, in which the submissive must do the dominant's homework or occupational work.
  • Repetitive assignments, such as copying the phone book.
  • Humiliating the submissive by changing information on social sites.
  • Controlling the submissive's computer remotely, through remote desktop software the submissive is required to install.

These practices can be conducted through chat, webcam, e-mail, BDSM contact websites, and proprietary virtual spaces such as Second Life or FetLife.

wouldn’t have expected someone with your post history to have to look up what online humiliation is

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Soricidus posted:

wouldn’t have expected someone with your post history to have to look up what online humiliation is

lol

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
In 2005, UNESCO gave the title Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity to the kris of Indonesia. This weapon was also featured in the American bladesmithing competition, Forged in Fire (TV series)'s season 6 episode 7.[7]

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Soricidus posted:

Humiliated Pervert Hovercraft

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sweevo posted:

Humiliated Pervert Hovercraft

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

She is a large whale
Saltwater Clydesdale
The stuff of folktales,
but this is true ...
She’s called the 52 hertz whale
because of her off-key song
The other whales don’t get her
She’ll never belong
[24]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

should have released some bug fixes before another major version.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The Albuquerque Americana (music) band, Mineral Hill, placed the song "52 Blue" (inflected with a haunting Bossa nova rhythm) on its album "Bulldogs and Barnacles" including these lyrics:

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

She is a large whale
Saltwater Clydesdale
The stuff of folktales,
but this is true ...
She’s called the 52 hertz whale
because of her off-key song
The other whales don’t get her
She’ll never belong
[24]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Platystemon posted:

lomatf

very cocainey

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Malleum posted:

Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity

plz don't post the title of my prestige bukkake art film

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks

quote:

In 1889, an essay in a journal of the time observed:[81]
Thirty years ago millions of the great unwieldy animals existed on this continent. Innumerable droves roamed, comparatively undisturbed and unmolested ... Many thousands have been ruthlessly and shamefully slain every season for past twenty years or more by white hunters and tourists merely for their robes, and in sheer wanton sport, and their huge carcasses left to fester and rot, and their bleached skeletons to strew the deserts and lonely plains.

The cause of this buffalo population crash is heavily debated by academics.[citation needed]

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

quote:

Nylonkong, a contraction of New York–London–Hong Kong, is a neologism coined to link New York City, London, and Hong Kong as the eperopolis of the Americas, Euro-Africa, and Asia-Pacific that first appeared in the magazine Time in 2008.[3] The article suggests that the cities share similarities, especially in being globalised financial and cultural centres, and are the most remarkable cities in the 21st century.

quote:

An extended range of responses was observed in media and academia after the term was coined, such as in the Mingpao Daily.[4] The term was first quoted in academia by Yin Pak Andrew Lau in the Liberal Studies Youth Summit on Basic Law,[5] and Sing Tao Daily suggested that the term is a profound sign of globalization.[6] The influence is substantial and long-lasting, and has imposed a constant check on the achievement of the three financial hubs. In 2016, Lam Hang-chi, an economist, for example, suggested that Nylonkong would fade out if the financial hubs were not constantly competitive.[7] In late 2016, Tai Kung Pao suggested that Hong Kong should not compare itself with New York and London, as the Asian financial center is politically and socially autonomous when compared to the other two, which were only cities; the passage further argues that the autonomous entity of Hong Kong requires more diversified economic development like other Four Asian Tigers economies.[8]

quote:

In popular culture
The three cities are also mentioned together in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, being the locations of both the three Sanctum Sanctorums in the 2016 film Doctor Strange and as the first sites of Erik Killmonger planned coup in the 2018 film Black Panther.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Reiser

im the infobox

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
mods name change to "infobox criminal" please

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
N-World's origins can be traced back to Symbolics, a computer manufacturer notable for producing LISP-based systems in the 1980s.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pls dont post the n-world in yospos tia

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
last night i dreamed that the wikipedia article on slide rules had a huge stupid "popular culture" section, relieved to see that it isn't so

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Gazpacho posted:

last night i dreamed that the wikipedia article on slide rules had a huge stupid "popular culture" section, relieved to see that it isn't so

i've had strange dreams before but this is ridiculous!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

== In Popular Culture ==

* In The Dish (2000), a NASA mathematician with a slide rule is bested by a computer

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also

Slide Rule (Japanese: 計算尺 Hepburn: Keisanjaku) is an instrument used ...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the best unnecessary japanese words on wikipedia are the ones that are just japanified english terms

A fried potato (Japanese: furai poteto) is a...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

spoiler: i originally wrote suradaru rudaru but that felt racist so i looked it up

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the best unnecessary japanese words on wikipedia are the ones that are just japanified english terms

A fried potato (Japanese: furai poteto) is a...

yeah there used to be shitloads of those.

my favorite one was The Sony PlayStation 3 (Japanese: pureisuteishon suri)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you want some transliterated english words, i got the hookup:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

omg

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

it’s great, i found it at a used bookstore for five bucks. the author was a professional translator who worked for toshiba, ibm, and a bunch of other tech companies in the 70s and 80s. it was published in 1990 so it doesn’t have any internet terms in it but it’s got a whole bunch of database and mainframe jargon in it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i loving love weird useless books

i have the textbook for danish steam locomotive engineers, 2nd or 3rd ed tho :(

(idk when we shifted to diesel, i think steam was out by the 1940s?????)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
God (voiced by Seth MacFarlane) – The father of Jesus Christ and the creator of life. He is a central part of the basic tenets in the religion of Christianity. Although the basic concept of God exists in other monotheistic and polytheistic religions, it is the Christian God that serves as the basis for the character in Family Guy.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Krankenstyle posted:

pls dont post the n-world in yospos tia

22. Racisim is now bannable in yospos unless it's really funny so for instance "n-world" is no good but "doublen-world" is a-ok

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

thought shower
English
Etymology
Coined in the early 2000s, supposedly as a more sensitive substitute for brainstorming, on the grounds that the latter could be insensitive to people with cerebral disorders like epilepsy.[1]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

thats someones shower thought isn't it