Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Also I like Dizzee Rascal. Even if I do find the Crazy Titch diss track of him pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Doxxieh posted:

It was a little askew

Eschewing fresh glasses of askew beverages tonight

Escape From Noise

My spelling and word recall for English has really suffered since moving back to Japan two years ago...

Goons Are Gifts

For the record, I learned both of these words the second I read your post and never even heard them before

Goons Are Gifts

I originally assumed it was meant as escrow which caused quite the confusion

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

xcheopis posted:

My job is considered "essential", so I can flagrantly ignore the 'shelter in place' order. I shall make the most of my elite status, of course.

Same. I work at the corporate headquarters and it's unsettling having whole floors empty on a weekday. However, having a floor to myself has resulted in being able to dance and around the office whenever I want and it's going to be hard to go back.

Escape From Noise

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Same. I work at the corporate headquarters and it's unsettling having whole floors empty on a weekday. However, having a floor to myself has resulted in being able to dance and around the office whenever I want and it's going to be hard to go back.

Never go back. Dance like no one is watching. But they are. Because there are cameras everywhere.

xcheopis

Sweet!

I can read the forums on my work computer because nearly everyone else is able to work from home or will be on conference calls all day. Take that, IT department!

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC

There are few things I love more than being alone in the office cause I can sing as loud as I want which is all I ever want

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzb98tQp53I

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

xcheopis

Note to self: Singing Diamanda Galas' This Is the Law of the Plague in public is still frowned on.

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

this is the best antiviral we have rn:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Never go back. Dance like no one is watching. But they are. Because there are cameras everywhere.

I know this all too well as I am the camera guy.

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC

I know this all too well as I am the camera guy.

How is my dancing then?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Dead Hippie Ghost posted:

How is my dancing then?

not gonna lie, you're pretty good, but can you BRING IT?

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
https://soundcloud.com/dizzdakidd/gently caress-the-corona

Doxxieh

that's actually pretty catchy, I expected worse quality

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Ok, now we just had an earthquake in salt lake city of all places. This is one hell of month

biosterous

went to the grocery store early and they had meat in stock, hooray! now i have meat for a while and can have variety in my diet :unsmith:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

cda

by Hand Knit

biosterous posted:

went to the grocery store early and they had meat in stock, hooray! now i have meat for a while and can have variety in my diet :unsmith:

was at the grocery store at 6 and snagged some eggs and bread before they got depleted (went during the evening a couple of days ago and they were long gone), and then went to target which had toilet paper!! and paper towels! and cleaner with bleach!! and cleaning wipes! because they were limiting them to one item per customer like a smart store. one item of paper towels was a thing of 16 rolls lol so i think i'm good for a while now. anyway, death to capitalism and CEOs of major companies go in the gulag but also god bless target

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

:toot:

Not to detract from your paper towel success but as a general advice now is as good a time as ever to learn about cleaning with rags instead of paper towels. Cut up some old t shirts and ratty old towels and go nuts. Wash them regularly. We haven't used paper towels in our house in years and it's great.

In emergencies you can even do this for TP!

Just a suggestion for anyone to try out if they want, not gonna judge anyone for how they choose to clean

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Doxxieh posted:

that's actually pretty catchy, I expected worse quality

i loving love my city

Goons Are Gifts

Showing the police officer my posting history to prove that I mainly stay informed using byob and thus didn't have any clue it was suddenly illegal to raise my voice and publicly sing songs about sexual snails during times of crisis, because it may count as a concert or act of terrorism.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
my country family is being passively smug as hell rn

"life is p normal here with fresh grilled BBQ and our lord n savory savior jesus christ (that means no weed allowed) not 2 mench homemade ice cream u should pack up ur dog and join us for a few weeks"

at least I know I can flee the city if it rlly goes tits up :(

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 19, 2020

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

describe ur exit strat

biosterous

my exit strategy is to steal the ted rogers statue and just walk into the lake. i will be praised as a hero by the surviving generations

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

prepuce repurposed posted:

describe ur exit strat

die in a tent in the hospital parking lot

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC

describe ur exit strat

My cousin texted me today to tell me that he had included me and my girlfriend into his emergency plans, and that we were welcome to go out to this very remote farm with them, which was very nice of him and well appreciated. He also asked me if I wanted him to bring me a gun, which I declined. He's kinda nutty but I love him.

exit strategy aquired

Doxxieh

alnilam posted:

Cut up some old t shirts and ratty old towels and go nuts. Wash them regularly. We haven't used paper towels in our house in years and it's great.

In emergencies you can even do this for TP!

I deadass thought you meant using them for TP in the first line till I read the second

Doxxieh

as for my exit strat I have a waterproof sleeping bag and a boot knife I'll just go hide in one of the many fields near me, that'll help right

Goons Are Gifts

Areola Grande

not a bad idea. tempting rn

Manifisto

not a bad idea. tempting rn

let's think bigger people, we could die in a tent in a target or walmart parking lot, wouldn't that be more satisfying?

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

Walmart, a tent made out of toilet paper, we gotta dream big here

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
If only there was a cure being worked on for the virus.

Oh, wait- they may have found one!

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-may-help-cure-coronavirus-study/

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

I believe in you, hydroxychloroquine!

ty manifisto

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

and they called us crazy for stockpiling fish drugs. how similar is regular chloroquine? cause i got that

i don't have an exit strat, i have resources and a community that i trust in to get us through this. we're kicking up gardening a notch, isolating/supplying the olds, and getting ready to shine. supply chain collapses? the fish will still run. not enough hospital beds? we never had a hospital. everyone with an oxygen concentrator is filling bottles, the hard part is finding bottles tbh. propane seems like it would be unhealthy but we're refilling argon/helium tanks. me and one of the abalone divers are trying to figure out what a ventilator made of old-timey tethered diving gear would look like. the hard part seems to be the automation but i have a raspberry pi and am shopping for solenoid-actuated valves while that's still an option. the other option is doing it with a cam, but that's mechanically complex and not very adjustable

anyways if i lived in a city i'd be looting and fleeing but i made it back to the woods before any travel bans so don't worry. we will repopulate the earth (to a more responsible extent, maybe 1 billion) and build a better world this time

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Areola Grande

owlhawk911 posted:

and they called us crazy for stockpiling fish drugs. how similar is regular chloroquine? cause i got that

i don't have an exit strat, i have resources and a community that i trust in to get us through this. we're kicking up gardening a notch, isolating/supplying the olds, and getting ready to shine. supply chain collapses? the fish will still run. not enough hospital beds? we never had a hospital. everyone with an oxygen concentrator is filling bottles, the hard part is finding bottles tbh. propane seems like it would be unhealthy but we're refilling argon/helium tanks. me and one of the abalone divers are trying to figure out what a ventilator made of old-timey tethered diving gear would look like. the hard part seems to be the automation but i have a raspberry pi and am shopping for solenoid-actuated valves while that's still an option. the other option is doing it with a cam, but that's mechanically complex and not very adjustable

anyways if i lived in a city i'd be looting and fleeing but i made it back to the woods before any travel bans so don't worry. we will repopulate the earth (to a more responsible extent, maybe 1 billion) and build a better world this time

your madcap scorched earth approach never fails to delight me.

"one of the abalone divers"

:golfclap:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

google THIS

Time to stock up on gin and tonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I guess I could like steal a car and drive like hell to the boonies.