Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd bet money that was an actual friend. Abusers can be quite good at manipulating people into believing them - it's one of the ways they keep access to victims.

I believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Grandmother of Five posted:

I mean like, when someone gets poked fun at a bit, and then in an attempt to deflect attention ends up sharing wayyyyyy worse poo poo than what got them made fun of in the first place and just dig themselves into a deeper and deeper hole.
I was reading that Mega64 LP of a Final Fantasy 6 romhack when the romhack creator showed up to say how crazy something is, then closed it with "and this is from a guy who looks at clop."

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I can't find an actual link right now but here's a screenshot of the Shampy post.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

ToxicFrog posted:

You are Translator Zeiat and I claim my five eggs.

So that's where all the fish sauce went

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
We should, perhaps, make an effort to add stuff that comes up in this thread to the SAclopedia

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd bet money that was an actual friend. Abusers can be quite good at manipulating people into believing them - it's one of the ways they keep access to victims.

I don't know, either option is plausible. A person showing up to defend the e-honor of their abusive, amiibo-scamming friend is still pretty amusing.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Here's another screenshot I found. I should post it in a Lowtax thread.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

oldpainless posted:

I believe you

:eyepop:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Charles posted:

Holy rofl

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

I was reading this very thread and came upon these two posts:

Platystemon posted:

purple death ray posted:

I do wish things could stop happening for a while

The monkey’s paw curls.

And I just want to say to both of you, get hosed :mad:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Daikloktos posted:

We should, perhaps, make an effort to add stuff that comes up in this thread to the SAclopedia

Have you started adding them already?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

in hindsight we should've started work on the bone pills earlier.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

oldpainless posted:

I believe you

First post on page 69 and no :69snypa: :mods: :mods:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

oldpainless posted:

I believe you
More like oldcredulous.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Charles posted:

I can't find an actual link right now but here's a screenshot of the Shampy post.

solid gold lmao

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Charles posted:

Besides the obvious assholery of taking some kid's toy, I can't help but imagine some poor TRU employee getting screamed at by the kid's real mom over this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

FuturePastNow posted:

Besides the obvious assholery of taking some kid's toy, I can't help but imagine some poor TRU employee getting screamed at by the kid's real mom over this

Solid chance that it was actually for Kevin, who was too shy to confront them over it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Charles posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Super Soaker Party! posted:

I was reading this very thread and came upon these two posts:

And I just want to say to both of you, get hosed :mad:

May you live in interesting times.

May you come to the attention of powerful people.

May you find what you are looking for.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This has probably been mentioned, so I am sorry.

But has there been any conclusion to the story of DrunkNerds and his wife's insane moronic stalker?

There was a thread about it in GBS, but it disappeared about a month or so ago. I assume either because the thread was getting too close to touching the poop, or that the actual big-time court case against him was starting.

Either way, does anybody know what the status is now, or how it ended? I really hope that arsehole, (the stalker, not DrunkNerds), got what he deserved.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Stalker became aware of that thread and stalked them through it. Why Drunk Nerds still posts with that account I have no idea.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Amiibos brought out the worst in people. I remember that one YouTube guy who apparently hated Rosalina so much he bought an entire shipment of amiibos.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Anne Whateley posted:

Stalker became aware of that thread and stalked them through it. Why Drunk Nerds still posts with that account I have no idea.

That sucks greatly.

I truly hope Drunk Nerds, and his family are safe, and that the thread didn't gently caress up months and months of legal work to put fuckwit stalker away.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Amiibos brought out the worst in people. I remember that one YouTube guy who apparently hated Rosalina so much he bought an entire shipment of amiibos.

Hated her, but bought an entire shipment? What, so nobody else could get one?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And it turned Griffin McElroy into a vore fetishist, RIP.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Leavemywife posted:

Hated her, but bought an entire shipment? What, so nobody else could get one?

Yes. Like I said, it brought out the worst in people. Mariotehplumber, I think?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

That sucks greatly.

I truly hope Drunk Nerds, and his family are safe, and that the thread didn't gently caress up months and months of legal work to put fuckwit stalker away.

I think everything is fine. He and his wife worked with the admins in some way I think.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
I'm just annoyed because that thread was in my bookmarks and now it's privated with 15 unread posts. I'll never get to read the official end of the thread and the forums software taunts me everyday with this knowledge

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

SpiritualDeath posted:

I'm just annoyed because that thread was in my bookmarks and now it's privated with 15 unread posts. I'll never get to read the official end of the thread and the forums software taunts me everyday with this knowledge

Mine too, but 7. I was so close. :negative:

(stay safe Drunk Nerds)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks, it's been tough not having the thread to work things out so I can stay serene for my family. I have to put on a not-scared act all day: It's like being an actor in my own life. I'm still giving updates via pm.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 19, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SpiritualDeath posted:

Just pretend that it had a cliffhanger ('my wife is working with the FBi and state Attourney General, there's a big meeting today!') that isn't resolved until it's picked up a year later by a smaller streaming site/cable channel.

Just like when Evie was trapped on Antates Prime and her father Troy was stuck on Earth!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I never read that thread but why was it closed off?
Too many people touched the poop, and the shitlord followed the trail back. Didn't want to endanger any legal happenings.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 19, 2020

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Also Drunk Nerds I wish you and your family the best.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also Drunk Nerds I wish you and your family the best.

His wife was being stalked and harassed by a person she was helping prosecute on behalf of a university. He has an insane history of weird harassment and trying (and failing hilariously at times) to game the justice system. This has not worked out the way he's been expecting.

Then he found Drunk Nerd's thread...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Good luck getting the legal system to do anything with SARS 2 on the loose, unfortunately.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Mine too, but 7. I was so close. :negative:

(stay safe Drunk Nerds)

:qq:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hey since we've all been talking about how the person affecting Drunk Nerds found our site maybe we should shut the gently caress up about it???

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Proteus Jones posted:

His wife was being stalked and harassed by a person she was helping prosecute on behalf of a university. He has an insane history of weird harassment and trying (and failing hilariously at times) to game the justice system. This has not worked out the way he's been expecting.

Then he found Drunk Nerd's thread...

Oh wow that sucks

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

FilthyImp posted:

Hey since we've all been talking about how the person affecting Drunk Nerds found our site maybe we should shut the gently caress up about it???

You say this like Drunk Nerds himself wasn't fanning the poop flames.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Besides the concept of Let's Plays has SA developed/refined anything else that immediately exploded in popularity once it moved offsite? Other than weird Twitter personalities, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nuns with Guns posted:

Besides the concept of Let's Plays has SA developed/refined anything else that immediately exploded in popularity once it moved offsite? Other than weird Twitter personalities, that is.

All Your Base