Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i went outside to get a package and it seems nature also wants me to stay inside and play doom/animal crossing so i'm taking this as divine endorsement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Sorry if this has been asked before in light of recent events, but are there any multiplayer games that function like Jackbox Games (only one host copy necessary and everyone can play via phones/browsers)? I’m thinking of hosting a virtual game night with friends, but don’t necessarily want to only play Jackbox Games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Convex posted:

Is that his left arm or an enormous mullet?

Mullet.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I got the peggle roguelike and it seems pretty ok from the one run I did but I'm slightly disappointed that they don't realise that one of the best things in peggle is the sliding slots

instead it's all just scattered pegs (and the physics are floatier than peggle I think but it's been a long time since I played it)

That's what looked so wrong about the roguelike peggle! I thought I was just being snobby about the worse art style, but the sliders opened up a lot of fun peggle board designs. Can't really replace it with any arrangement of pegs.

Cowcaster posted:

is it legal to say yoshi's island is the best mario game or is that like saying okami is the best zelda game

It's called Super Mario World 2, so definitely.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 19, 2020

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Khanstant posted:

Ran the plates on that car in the front. You should know that neighbor has a pretty sketchy history. Invested in the OUYA at a high donor level and still posts about it. Just a heads up, stay safe.

that's my car :getin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

i went outside to get a package and it seems nature also wants me to stay inside and play doom/animal crossing so i'm taking this as divine endorsement

IS IT NOT THE MIDDLE OF MARCH???? :psyduck: The world is so weird this year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mumbling posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before in light of recent events, but are there any multiplayer games that function like Jackbox Games (only one host copy necessary and everyone can play via phones/browsers)? I’m thinking of hosting a virtual game night with friends, but don’t necessarily want to only play Jackbox Games.

The last few Telltale games had a functionality like this.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mumbling posted:

Got any console limitations/preferences? There’s That’s You! on the PS4, that’s pretty fun with friends.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

eh, it snowed a couple times in late april/may when i lived in colorado

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1240732200888414209?s=20

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Gamers rise up!

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

I said come in! posted:

That's Colorado and our "fool's spring." Even Denver always get snow well into April, the mountains have it until like June.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

wait wha

What's to wait wha about

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Corona-Chan is gonna murder GameStop. They were already hurting, spending a week without selling any preorders or Ga,e Informer subscriptions will be the death of them

May 8, 2006

playing that RE3 demo, it loving owns, and Nemesis is no loving joke lmao

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 19, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

this is why the lady mentioned speedrunners the other day in the press conference :colbert:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The new DOOM is much more gamey than the last one. Demons blowing up into powerup confetti and straight up 1-ups and Mario fire chains. As someone that hasn't watched any prerelease videos its kinda wild, I dig it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think they were ever that popular here but the one time I went into gamestop they tried to sell me video game insurance or something on Little King's Story and I never went back

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah good luck with your stack ranking when literally every store is reporting zero sales

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think they were ever that popular here but the one time I went into gamestop they tried to sell me video game insurance or something on Little King's Story and I never went back

Yeah it's a requirement for their employees to try to push all of the various things like protection programs, subscriptions, etc. I know upselling isn't something exclusive to gamestop but gamestop is super pushy with it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

pandemic to the players

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Corona-Chan is gonna murder GameStop. They were already hurting, spending a week without selling any preorders or Ga,e Informer subscriptions will be the death of them

And Reggie doesn't even start at his new job there until 4/20 next month.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

can't believe they gave the cacodemons arms

what's next, legs???

it's a slippery slope man

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What's to wait wha about

i never noticed any lost izalith stuff in dark souls 2! or much ds1 stuff at all besides ornstein and the broken lordvessel. so that's cool and now i wanna play ds2 again

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Tennessee is the opposite, it's 80 plus and humid, feels like friggin June lol

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

LawfulWaffle posted:

Got any console limitations/preferences? There’s That’s You! on the PS4, that’s pretty fun with friends.

I have PS4, PC and Switch. I'll give that one a look, thanks!

I was hoping that there were some board game adaptations that would work, but most of them only offer multiplayer if everyone owns a copy. The idea would be that I could just send everyone a Twitch link and they could join from there. After looking for an hour though, I think I'm out of luck trying to find something as seamless as Jackbox.

May 8, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

can't believe they gave the cacodemons arms

what's next, legs???

it's a slippery slope man

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

this is too much for me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i was just about finished getting myself ready to drop those sixty dollary-doos on the doom but it looks like if you put down ninety you get two nebulous dlcs sometime later? but 90 dollars american is a heck of a lot of money to spend on a videogame all at once... hmm

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

they look like buff evil elmos

TICKLE ME

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i was just about finished getting myself ready to drop those sixty dollary-doos on the doom but it looks like if you put down ninety you get two nebulous dlcs sometime later? but 90 dollars american is a heck of a lot of money to spend on a videogame all at once... hmm

Why not pay $60 then buy the DLC when it comes out (or be too lazy to play/reinstall the game 3 months after beating it and never buy the DLC)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

Why not pay $60 then buy the DLC when it comes out (or be too lazy to play/reinstall the game 3 months after beating it and never buy the DLC)

this would be the typical cowcaster strategy but i do like doom

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1240733396520898562?s=19

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Maybe gamestop will finally actually die and people will do the sane thing of selling used games to each other instead of using a middle man that literally charges double what they pay out, making their profit:effort ratio second only to Title Loan companies (who will also hopefully die)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Does GameStop still pay their employees in debit cards

May 8, 2006

they pay their employees in loose copies of Wii sports

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Get out of there Reggie don't save this poo poo

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

this would be the typical cowcaster strategy but i do like doom

Never preorder poo poo, no matter how much you’ll think you’ll like it. Paying today for something you’ll get in whatever number of months is for suckers, regardless of how good it ends up being.

Personal Anecdote: I preordered Dark Souls 2, put it down after a couple hours, never got into it until years later when Scholar of the First Sin came out. So, there’s a game I like a lot and still should never have preordered.

EDIT: Oh, and it also came with some preorder goodies that I literally cannot remember in the slightest. I think one of them was a really boring comic?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Don't preorder dlc dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1240717461282000904