Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I'll keep the starter pistol over a 680 at this point. if they have a full auto you are dead before you can get the second shot off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
The R90 shreds up close. I don't think I'd carry it over a kitted SMG or AR, but it's definitely better than the pistols. Also can down 3 guys easily before you need to reload.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I've had insane luck with the 680, 2-shotting someone is very valuable

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The worst is when you dupe yourself into picking up a fuckin legendary shotgun or something, forgetting that that just means that its legendarily disappointing. loving trash sticks. All of them. (in WZ)

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Explosives are fine rpg kills in one hit unless you have 3 plates, and that will take you down to nothing.

Don't carry frags/semtex imo use anything else.

HBS and snapshots are really clutch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Retro42 posted:

The R90 isn’t too bad. But the pump shotgun probably has a slower TTK than the starter pistol.

I've won more times with the 680 than the starter pistol, even when they've had custom guns.
Easier to stay on target and hit the head while strafing like a bastard.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

MF_James posted:

Explosives are fine rpg kills in one hit unless you have 3 plates, and that will take you down to nothing.

Don't carry frags/semtex imo use anything else.

HBS and snapshots are really clutch.

A squaddie usually runs HBS, but I swear by snapshot/proxies and restock perk on my load out drop. He keeps tabs on the HBS and I snapshot corners and mine doorways. Also, overkill is a waste on a WZ loadout. The perk literally only lets you grab two guns on one loadout, you don’t need the perk to pick up a second gun mid-match.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Late game loadout with extended mag feels mandatory. I get into too many gunfights where 30 bullets feels like nothing. Also I aim bad.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Omg remove the buy confirmation from the store holy poo poo

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

It was amazing to witness. I didn't even notice that you'd actually put that first guy down at the end there.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The R9-0 is cool and good in Warzone

https://i.imgur.com/xxtjSrL.mp4

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Don't forget to copy your favorite gun, minus one attachment and plus Fully Loaded for those desperation games where you jump onto a Loadout crate after gulagging.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Also you can make a second loadout focused on cold blooded/ghost that you switch to late game if you can get a second loadout box. All your guns drop on the ground. I put a launcher on there too just in case

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I will never win Warzone but it's fun as hell

I haven't played COD multi in years are the shotguns always this lovely

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

2 of the shotguns are great in multi and the others are serviceable, but they are balanced around being a 1 hit kill in game modes with tons of close quarters combat. Turns out that when people have 2.5x the health and almost none of the combat takes place in effective shotgun range, they aint so good when IW doesn't rebalance them.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pf9stzW2lU
Did 3-truck strats with goons and it was super effective and hilarious. I also made a new friend for a good 30 seconds :shobon:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

veni veni veni posted:

2 of the shotguns are great in multi and the others are serviceable, but they are balanced around being a 1 hit kill in game modes with tons of close quarters combat. Turns out that when people have 2.5x the health and almost none of the combat takes place in effective shotgun range, they aint so good when IW doesn't rebalance them.

Agreed. I landed on a roof, grabbed the pump shotgun and basically got dumpstered by a guy with a pistol because he was more than a foot away from me

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

VulgarandStupid posted:

Don't forget to copy your favorite gun, minus one attachment and plus Fully Loaded for those desperation games where you jump onto a Loadout crate after gulagging.

If you're running an SMG, you can kit it fully, and have a matching ammo pistol with fully loaded be your secondary.

Speaking of: 41 AE + FSS Orion Uzi is everything I ever wanted in a video game gun.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

If you're running an SMG, you can kit it fully, and have a matching ammo pistol with fully loaded be your secondary.

Speaking of: 41 AE + FSS Orion Uzi is everything I ever wanted in a video game gun.

That’s pretty cool but are there any SMGs that are mid-late game viable though, that you could do that with?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I got really close to a solo win yesterday but lost due to idiots in vehicles. Final circle was me on foot with a nearly depleted gas mask versus two cars and a chopper in an open area. I managed to disable the cars and kill their drivers but couldn't get a clear shot at the chopper without backing into the gas. The dude stayed up there til the gas fully closed, parachuted out, and waited long enough for the gas to almost kill me before doing me in with a single bullet. I came away feeling like they need to BS a reason to disable vehicles in the final circle like in Blackout.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I bought the base game on my PS4 and it feels pretty good. I was a CoD4 addict and I've messed around with a few of the other entries in the series, so far I like this one. Maybe because CoD4 maps keep showing up and I sort of know where I'm going.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Gordon Shumway posted:

I got really close to a solo win yesterday but lost due to idiots in vehicles. Final circle was me on foot with a nearly depleted gas mask versus two cars and a chopper in an open area. I managed to disable the cars and kill their drivers but couldn't get a clear shot at the chopper without backing into the gas. The dude stayed up there til the gas fully closed, parachuted out, and waited long enough for the gas to almost kill me before doing me in with a single bullet. I came away feeling like they need to BS a reason to disable vehicles in the final circle like in Blackout.

Lol owned

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Have they changed the loot crate guns at all? I was playing last night, and my squad found a couple of purple FAMAS’s in crates over the course of one game, and I don’t remember seeing those before.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gordon Shumway posted:

Studio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pf9stzW2lU
Did 3-truck strats with goons and it was super effective and hilarious. I also made a new friend for a good 30 seconds :shobon:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
TRUCKS

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
The HDR with the long barrel makes a huge difference in bullet velocity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm9S06bhMbo

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:yeah:

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

https://youtu.be/L8MBUZjJX7Y

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

:eyepop:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Came in second last night with some randos, we all got mowed down at one point, won our gulags, dropped in and started absolutely dominating, final circle was 3v3.

They downed one of our guys and finished him from a building, teammate missed a grenade throw through a window but I molly'd them out, downed 2 and then got downed by the third, he went on to finish our last guy :(

If he hadn't missed that grenade we probably would have finished them off in the building because my molly came a second later and would have chased them out with no armor/hp or killed them outright.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I read about the armored truck strategy for BR, so I hopped into solo BR and immediately got first place on the first game I played. Just drove around randomly, running over 4 or 5 people until the final circle where I hopped out, laid down behind a rock, and happened to spot and kill the last 2 people for the win.

They really need to patch that, it’s too easy.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I'm bad at the game and I just got a Solo 4th place cause after dying at start due to a...parachute malfunction, I respawned in Quarry, managed to get into a truck still armed with the default pistol and drove around from place to place in my Immortan Joe Truck. Often over people. Even discarding the kills, having a "perfectly safe" get around vehicle to avoid the gas is super strong. And I hope they never fix the open mic on death bug, cause running over snipers prone in the middle of a forest and hearing them swear out in all the languages in the world is the cherry on top.

E: and I was not abusing the truck by staying on it all the time - in fact the round got won by someone circling the end zone in a chopper while everyone else was killing each other. Not sure why the second last player decided not to shoot it out of the sky...they got killed by the gas, with the chopper "spectator" winning while parachuting down among 100% gas.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

So, truck is fun, I'm going to (maybe) put a mashup of truckfuckling hilarity soon.

I've developed a new gig, being pretty aggressive with the truck in tight areas trying to run fools over which is getting people to actually shoot at me, so along with that is baiting people to get out of their full health trucks so I can steal them and drive off.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

AK-47 with RPG is the real meta

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Do underbarrels take the correct ammo? Can I run a UBGL and have 6 launcher shots, or an underbarrel shotgun?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

AK-47 with RPG is the real meta

I’m starting to think the RPG is low key the best common item in warzone. I was ignoring them until the other day and now I always try to grab one at the beginning. The only explosive worth a poo poo in WZ.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I hit a million in plunder for the first time. Literally just spent the entire game running around the NE part of the map doing missions and opening crates.

(this is way faster to level up the AUG than fighting because holy poo poo it's awful unless I get the complete drop on someone close and even then it's 50/50)

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I’m starting to think the RPG is low key the best common item in warzone. I was ignoring them until the other day and now I always try to grab one at the beginning. The only explosive worth a poo poo in WZ.

As long as your gameplay doesn't rely on constantly switching between primary and secondary weapons, lugging around an rpg so that you can 1 shot a vehicle or clear an entire room from a distance is fantastic.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Has anyone tried thermite on the trucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What are the attachments that make the AUG good again?