Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah i think i'm gonna ride my bike down to the beach or something. be one of those young people the boomers are yelling at on the news for going out.

cohsae posted:

I can't believe that gen z refuses to give up their way of life just because boomers might die, I'm sure things would be different if the situation were reversed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

except for getting groceries i haven't left my apartment since they announced the shelter-in-place on friday and i'm starting to go nuts

yeah i've walked around a little but i've basically been in a 2 block radius for the last 8 days and gotta say it sucks

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i'll be spending two hours of "work" on a bike ride after this meeting at 1:30

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Penisface posted:

nah it's probabyl an army/cops thing - don't trust stuff you do not understand. a piece of paper is safe and can be easily kept as evidence - smartphones are hugely personal and full of the person's different germs and a million other legal-whatever complications

i have not had to go out yet, so let's see how this develops :)

they want it to be paper only because the whole point is to be inconvenient to discourage you from going outside unless you really need to

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i'd have to go to work to print anything :thunk:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

TerminalRaptor posted:

While my gaming variety has gone down, I find myself playing more of the same stuff over and over. Anything coop interests me because it's the easiest way for my social circle to get together in any capacity considering everyone's schedules these days. Deep Rock Galactic is currently the choice.

On the WFH front, I got myself a nice lap desk and it's helped tremendously in that I can sit anywhere in the house now and work.

we've been playing a shitload of prominence poker, especially during the day. it's real easy to sit around a poker table bullshitting with friends while still getting your work done

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i'd have to go to work to print anything :thunk:

it can be handwritten

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
c wfh s: the olds are struggling with teams.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I sometimes wish this application wasn't a one man show because this cognitive overhead is getting annoying

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pointsofdata posted:

the police have closed the beach near us, it was entirely empty all day long, maybe 10 people walking on a 2kmx100m stretch. Seems pretty nuts to me but maybe it was a big transmission vector? idk how sustainable the lockdown is going to be if safe activities aren't allowed to continue

I'm in brittany where we're 50m away from a beach similar to the one you described and I'll go nuts if they actually try to enforce that idiot rule.
Meanwhile people are allowed to bring their germ bomb kids to the place I get food from.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

I'm in brittany where we're 50m away from a beach similar to the one you described and I'll go nuts if they actually try to enforce that idiot rule.
Meanwhile people are allowed to bring their germ bomb kids to the place I get food from.

it's brittany bitch

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I was being sarcastic

have you tried getting a job touching computers? seems we all work from home these days

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Broken Machine posted:

it's brittany bitch

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lancemantis posted:

I’ve nestled into wfh fine at this point, ergo aside, and it feels like I’ve been doing this forever

My daily routines are like 90% the same I just don’t drive to work

I really should have grabbed my keyboard and mouse though

Yeah I just ordered a mouse from amazon. The laptop keyboard is fine but trackpads are bad.

Amazon is weird right now though. Some things just don't exist like toilet paper and thermometers, its like the e-commerce version of empty shelves.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Broken Machine posted:

it's brittany bitch

leave brittany alone!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i finally got over my fear of going out and ran a block down to the mexican grocery one block away that i've never set foot in for the past 3 years

lol

i got a new grocery store even after this blows over holy poo poo why was i not buying all my meat and produce here this whole time

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

i finally got over my fear of going out and ran a block down to the mexican grocery one block away that i've never set foot in for the past 3 years

lol

i got a new grocery store even after this blows over holy poo poo why was i not buying all my meat and produce here this whole time

little ethnic food stores beat the poo poo out of supermarkets 100% of the time as long as you’re on board with that particular type of food.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

life in 2020:

1. feel a cough coming on
2. get a little nervous
3. try to hold it in
4. eventually cough
5. eyes get itchy, confirming allergies
6. relax for a bit

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/isosteph/status/1240558810906808327

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
wake up at 4:30
run
breakfast
shower
coffee
work
lunch
walk
work
coffee
work
dinner
childcare
work
bed

x5+

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Midjack posted:

little ethnic food stores beat the poo poo out of supermarkets 100% of the time as long as you’re on board with that particular type of food.

i buy most of my stuff from the chinese market down the street but you gotta get your dairy elsewhere

also all the carrots are like 2" in diameter and taste like sawdust what is goin on with that

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

yeah i think i'm gonna ride my bike down to the beach or something. be one of those young people the boomers are yelling at on the news for going out.

on the beach near Cape Canaveral today, never got within 50 feet of another person, still lots of people out if you walked a mile or two, just sitting far apart. here is our shade tent with a plague ship in the background.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
coronavirus keeping you down? dont worry, robert half is on your side.

Got a message on LinkedIn:

quote:

Troubling Times, Hopeful Future

Hi Weaponized Autism,

Hope all is well and you are remaining safe in these uncertain times.

I totally understand if now is not a good time to connect, but I wanted to reach out to you about a role we have open as an Enterprise Applications Engineer.

An ideal candidate would have law firm experience and is familiar with technologies such as SharePoint, Elite, Aderant, Dynamics CRM, or Service Now, etc. Any skills with SQL and Powershell scripting is a huge plus.

I would love to tell you a little more about the role and salary if you are open to a conversation. If applicable, please send your resume to x@rht.com

Best,
X

X
Technical Recruiter at Robert Half Technology

and of course the job description has nothing to do with my skillset.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

except for getting groceries i haven't left my apartment since they announced the shelter-in-place on friday and i'm starting to go nuts

i did this for like 5 or 6 weeks in january-february

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Midjack posted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lancemantis posted:

wake up at 4:30
run
breakfast
shower
coffee
work
lunch
walk
work
coffee
work
dinner
childcare
work
bed

x5+

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lost was my absolute show for years and forever turned me off to seriously following any TV show that has not finale'd yet forever. it was the biggest middle finger to one of the biggest spontaneous fanbases in history

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
this quarantine bullshit would be a lot more tolerable if i wasn't supposed to be working

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

all the full-time remotes at work (including me) are losing their mind because the newly wfh folks who crave office life keep pinging @channel and @here in the mandatory #general slack channel with 1300 people in it that you can't leave just to share recipes and ask "how was your day today" and "don't forget to stretch."

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

it's funny that lots of tech workers for years have been agitating to work from home, and older management mostly saying no (for various reasons that sound old fashioned). then a pandemic hits, most everyone is working at home and people are realizing that wfh isn't a panacea either. long term, i think wfh is good as far as resources, but it does have its issues. it'd be nice to find a good way to get some face to face socialization while mostly work remotely. humans are mostly fairly social creatures so we benefit from that

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jonny 290 posted:

lost was my absolute show for years and forever turned me off to seriously following any TV show that has not finale'd yet forever. it was the biggest middle finger to one of the biggest spontaneous fanbases in history

it was fine tho

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i remember those halcyon days too. ben linus was a good villain (at first at least)

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I’m thinking about getting a bunch of aerobics videos or something, maybe some neon headbands and go full nineties. i’d finally managed to get my fat rear end into the gym regularly and now the gym is a place full of moist surfaces that will be a no go zone for six months.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

8 am
wake up
figure out what needs to be done for the day
start at that
get it done
10 am
uh
internet?
tv!
11 am
i should probably get an exercise in
right?
11:30 am
alright doing an exercise
12 noon or so
lunch!
1 pm
those emails look important
internet!
bideo james
5:30 pm
done

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

wfh approved

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

this first week working from home has been one of my busiest ever. i think im doing it wrong?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i've gotten sick and i fear i have the 'rona

i'm actually not worried about myself as much as anyone i might have come into contact with the past two weeks.

i havent left the house in like 5 days tho

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i'm actually not worried about myself as much as anyone i might have come into contact with the past two weeks.

take it easy, drink a lot of water, call a doc when you can’t handle it on your own.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

There are still normal illnesses going around, I know a whole family that got sick recently and while I'm sure they were crapping their pants it just ended up being colds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah ive been keeping it low-key. ive been working from home for awhile now, and everything i do is remote. took a day to get my ide and env setup at home.

today i did absolutely nothing except play factorio and agree with my co-workers on slack.

boss/owner went and ordered a bunch of laptops for all our interns so they can work from home, so i've been helping them remotely get set up with the vpn. we're a small company so i do most of the poo poo, even though i know very little outside of development stuff.

so far this just feels like a flu. i felt a bit tired yesterday with a sore throat, but was still able to lift in my basement. today i felt a bit worse but no fever.

working from home rules and i hope i never have to go back.